PDA

View Full Version : What class do you spend the most time looking for while trying to make a group?

maleick
02-14-2012, 05:39 PM
What class do you spend the most time looking for to make a group? Do you spend the most time looking for a healer, tank, CC class or puller?

I would like to roll an enchanter or bard, while I don't mind soloing I would like to grab groups a lot. I played a warrior on live and while I loved my warrior I can't go through that again waiting to get epic or boc so I can actually do my job :mad:

I would like to play a wizard, or cleric as well jeez I can't decide. I honestly just like playing with friends and having fun. Sitting LFG all the time wasn't any fun to me back when.

*EDIT* Added Poll per request, you could also call this poll help me pick my class. I have sometime to play but not really extra time for alts.

Grozmok
02-14-2012, 05:42 PM
You should totally make this a poll.

I think healer and then CC.

Szeth
02-14-2012, 05:43 PM
I have more trouble finding enchanters than healers. Bards are awesome... except their exp penalty makes some groups weary.

maahes
02-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Sweet poll! I picked all of the tanks. They are the hardest to find for sure.

nichomachean
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Sweet poll! I picked all of the tanks. They are the hardest to find for sure.

^

Grozmok
02-14-2012, 06:08 PM
More than one choice is allowed?

/facepalm

I'm in a good mood, so I won't vote for ALL of the choices...

fischsemmel
02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Druid? You spend more time looking for a DRUID than any of the other classes?

Are you making druid-only groups? That's got to be the only way you could possibly spend more time looking for a druid than for at least one of the other classes.

maleick
02-14-2012, 08:27 PM
More than one choice is allowed?

/facepalm

I'm in a good mood, so I won't vote for ALL of the choices...

Yeah more than one choice because you might need two classes. I just want to see what the community wants and I am going to give it to them.

Kope
02-14-2012, 08:38 PM
No bards!? :(

Grozmok
02-14-2012, 08:56 PM
No bards!? :(

Mana battery FTW.

I would play one if leveling characters in the game didn't take fucking forever.

Now I just stick to stuff I *think* I will enjoy playing.

webrunner5
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
I voted Cleric. This game has really not changed from the start. You need a Tank, Cleric, and a Chanter to have a GREAT group. With some kind of puller. A Monk sort of stands out. In Velious Paladians came into their own as pullers. But mid to high levels you just really need a Cleric.

I have played all the healer classes there is over the years, and no one is going to keep up with the heals like a Cleric. CH is a total game changer, and when Velious comes out, as hard as the mobs hit, Cleric is the only way. And on Velious raids it is going to take a bunch of Clerics chain healing to make it work. A thing of beauty. I can't wait.

Yanomamo
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
druid and ranger

tingling
02-14-2012, 09:32 PM
I am just getting back to the game and i have a rogue and a wizard around the same level an i am not sure which to play! or if i should just re roll a healer!

Dravingar
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
It's hard to find 4 geared rogues so I vote rogue. War/Clr/Rogx4.

funhorroryes
02-14-2012, 09:43 PM
why the FUCK is ranger an option

i chose it just to invalidate the poll.

lol at the other people who did too

Motec
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I chose ranger.

Rangers are pimp.

Bruno
02-14-2012, 10:28 PM
6 rangers 1 cup.

Extunarian
02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
As a shaman I'm always wanting for a bard or chanter in group. When I play my chanter I'm always looking for a hybrid tank.

Rubexcube666
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Ranger>all classes just saying.

Elements
02-16-2012, 12:28 PM
On a more serious note, I have yet to group with a single mage on this server.

There seems to be plenty of chanters/clerics/tanks though you just notice more when one is not available as your traditional group probably won't function well without them.

Keep in mind you can have some VERY effective non-traditional exp groups. Probably the best exp group I've had so far was chanter/druid/rogue just fear kiting in the karanas. Even with the horrid ZEM it was better exp than a full group in a place like Unrest/mistmoore/high keep.

If you are talking about the traditional tank/cleric/chanter/puller/dps/off-heals + dps then I'd say tanks are highest in demand followed closely by clerics. And since you are looking for which to play presumably as a new player on the server I'd suggest cleric as you are far less gear dependant than a tank.

fishingme
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
for lvls at the very least 50+ it's cleric most in need. for 30+ it's a good tank who knows how to pull, and 20 % of the time it's cleric at this lvl

Boombha
02-16-2012, 03:34 PM
I picked cleric because I have yet to be in a group with a cleric, generally with a shaman or druid doing the healing and all clerics MIA. However, I have noticed it has been harder and harder to get a tank (or any melee) that isn't a rogue or a monk.

I don't really pay much attention to what makes a good group and like to group for casual play, just for fun and don't focus on exp much. However, when LFG or seeing others LFG I am seeing more and more casters and fewer melee.

(I am still hovering in the teen levels, so it will likely change as I get higher, I hope)