PDA

View Full Version : EQmac Saved - Now FREE to play!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lron
02-14-2012, 08:21 PM
http://twitter.com/j_smedley

I encourage all of you who want to experience a blast from the past, a real time machine experience to the glory raiding days of EQ, to come over to the Mac server. I plan on playing here when i am not raiding on EQMAC and vice versa.

Bwils
02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Only fools buy macs, so I don't wanna play on a server full of fools!

Hitchens
02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Glad the EQMac people get to keep their community.

But I think I'll stick with the blast from the past, real time machine experience here.

mwatt
02-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Wow, that is great news for EQMac players. Imagine SOE showing some heart. Amazing.

I'm glad that many of you got a chance to see how things are on this server. Perhaps some you will stay a while, or straddle both servers. Just imagine, you will probably never be completely cut off from play!

Nirgon
02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
This thing is up to PoP?

Swish
02-14-2012, 09:54 PM
http://twitter.com/j_smedley

I encourage all of you who want to experience a blast from the past, a real time machine experience to the glory raiding days of EQ, to come over to the Mac server. I plan on playing here when i am not raiding on EQMAC and vice versa.

Nice to see the man remembers his roots. Great news for you Mac players :)

MelxDruid
02-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Too bad they didn't run this like an april fools joke, and not bring it down March 31st.

Grats to Al'Kabor players, the server lives on!

Mcbard
02-15-2012, 12:57 AM
That's very cool, I think I will finally give it a try now! :)

Flunklesnarkin
02-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Glad to hear the mac community didn't get the shaft

Motec
02-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Mac community has a developer.

P1999 will maybe get velious by 2020.

Trox20
02-15-2012, 07:00 AM
This thing is up to PoP?

Yes it is, and Plane of Time had only just recently been broken into. P1999 is great if you only want to experience Classic up through Kunark (hopefully Velious eventually), and EQMac is great if you want to experience classic up through PoP.

Autotune
02-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Glad to hear the mac community didn't get the shaft

anyway to play EQmac from a pc?

Tuffpuppy
02-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Secrets posted a patch on the FOH board to be able to play from PC. But the problem I'm having is I believe you need to use their Launchpad web installer atleast once in order to flag your account as playable on the server. Everytime I run the Launchpad and try to subscribe it gives me an error and to contact customer service. Not sure if it is because I'm not on a Mac or something else...

rafaone
02-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Apple only create fanatics ....

LordFresh
02-15-2012, 10:37 AM
would love to try this out also, it works with regular pc also?

lostclover
02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
If anyone figures out how to use this on a PC, can you post it here or PM me? I'd love to try it out.

Absolutely loving P99 right now, but I'd like to try the pop server too once in a while.

Palemoon
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
This is very good news for EQmac. We were very worried it and the time capsule it represent was going away.

Just a warning though, dont try to go there and pull a Lron or think you are going to be some great Mega Troll, its a very old style community, you will be banned from their forums and shunned in game. If you take it any farther, several of the players have the EQmac developer on speed dial and he WILL take care of you.

Secrets
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tuffpuppy
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah my station account hasn't been active since 2002, not able to log in yet.

Morsakin
02-15-2012, 03:01 PM
This is very good news for EQmac. We were very worried it and the time capsule it represent was going away.

Just a warning though, dont try to go there and pull a Lron or think you are going to be some great Mega Troll, its a very old style community, you will be banned from their forums and shunned in game. If you take it any farther, several of the players have the EQmac developer on speed dial and he WILL take care of you.

Well, that's no fun.....

Kidding, best of luck to the EQMac folks.

kissemisse
02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Can't get it to run on a PC that well so posting this if anyone have any ideas, i have two accounts since a long time ago when playing on al'kabor server on a OSX installation on a PC so they are both eqmac flagged.

I have downloaded and installed titanium client and applied Secrets patch. I am able to login with both my accounts and can select server, thing starts to load and finishes but just when character select screen is about i get "You have been disconnected" message :(

Any clues would be appreciated,

Vorin
02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Can't get it to run on a PC that well so posting this if anyone have any ideas, i have two accounts since a long time ago when playing on al'kabor server on a OSX installation on a PC so they are both eqmac flagged.

I have downloaded and installed titanium client and applied Secrets patch. I am able to login with both my accounts and can select server, thing starts to load and finishes but just when character select screen is about i get "You have been disconnected" message :(

Any clues would be appreciated,

I have the exact same problem. Finishes loading and then immediately disconnected.

Vorin
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Found a workaround. Client seems kind of wonky but maybe that's because I need to change some settings, but downloading the browser client (http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html?game=eqmac&skin=everquest) and then copying the files within the Resources folder it produces into my EQMac folder, THEN patching it with Secrets' patch has fixed this.

kissemisse
02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Found a workaround. Client seems kind of wonky but maybe that's because I need to change some settings, but downloading the browser client (http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html?game=eqmac&skin=everquest) and then copying the files within the Resources folder it produces into my EQMac folder, THEN patching it with Secrets' patch has fixed this.

Thanks, got it to work :-)

Nirgon
02-15-2012, 05:28 PM

Hobart stepping up to the plate big time on his "free project". A Everquest lover this man is, even going as far as he can to keep it playable on Mac software emulation on PCs.

That's what I like to see!

If the above comment feels like a coat hangar heated up for like 5 minutes on a stove coil going up your ass real slow like *tttttsssssssssssss*, sorry.

Lron
02-15-2012, 07:31 PM

1. Who the hell are you?
2. This type of comment does nothing but deter people from EQmac.
3. We welcome ALL types of personalities and play styles as long as they dont break the EULA.

The server is basically 1/2 awesome fun people with a sense of humor and the other 1/2 are very reclusive and dislike any type of humor that transcends "Ogres smell tehehehe!".

The reason why i am going to play P1999 as well as Eqmac is because the communities are entirely different and i can see value in both. More choices helps everyone.

Treats
02-15-2012, 09:07 PM
If you have an old station account you won't even need to download it from the launchpad. You should be able to log in and it should work, provided you have all access subscriptions (though I heard they made it free within 2 weeks ago)

However, all access will NOT grant you access to eqmac if you aren't already flagged. Wait for the dust to settle and I am sure they will fix it.

Any chance you could fix the eqmain.dll in your EQMac Windows Injection to work with an AMD Athlon Processor?

It seems to be the same problem we had here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45371&page=2

Was something pretty simple I think -- Changing a 0 to a 1 or something, can't remember.

LizardNecro
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes it is, and Plane of Time had only just recently been broken into. P1999 is great if you only want to experience Classic up through Kunark (hopefully Velious eventually), and EQMac is great if you want to experience classic up through PoP.

Why was PoT only recently broken into? I would imagine that with a fairly consistent population on EQMac, PoT would have been finished the same timeframe as other servers, and that everyone and their alts would be fully equipped in Quarm gear by now.

SiliconeClone
02-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Why was PoT only recently broken into? I would imagine that with a fairly consistent population on EQMac, PoT would have been finished the same timeframe as other servers, and that everyone and their alts would be fully equipped in Quarm gear by now.

Because the stuff leading up to it was never fixed/nerfed like it was in live

Diggles
02-15-2012, 10:41 PM
(5:39:11 PM) Doublestep: *TSR Alex S.:*the game still requires accounts to be flagged and subscribed to. Unfortunately we are not flagging at this time because our CEO had just told us this morning that they decided to keep the game. I would recommend contacting us in a few days because perhaps we will be able to flag accounts then. Sorry for the inconvenience
(5:39:58 PM) patriot: ......
(5:40:48 PM) Doublestep: so smedly is like
(5:40:52 PM) Doublestep: YO DOGS WERE KEEPIN THE SERVER
(5:41:01 PM) Doublestep: RED ALERT
(5:41:05 PM) Doublestep: DONT TURN ON ACCOUNT FLAGGING THOUGH

Diggles
02-15-2012, 10:42 PM
all joking aside if you plan on jumping on the server wait a couple days.

OFF TOPIC IF YOU HAVE AN EQMAC ACCOUNT YOU DO NOT USE PLEASE PM ME INFO SO I CAN TEST THE CLIENT ON WINDOWS THANKS

Jagmarr
02-15-2012, 11:02 PM
this is a joke, right? or should i go post about this on those forums? c'mon man.

Diggles
02-15-2012, 11:15 PM
?

Lron
02-15-2012, 11:40 PM

Tons of broken boss mobs that until recently were never fixed or required GM assistance to work.

Also, there really are no hardcore raid guilds on AK....Temerity is the guild that broke into time and they raid 2 - 3 days a week and with such a low population a lot of that time is spent back flagging new applicants (we dont not have the 85% rule, so every single person has to get every single flag before he/she has access to higher tiers...we are trying to get this to change soon with the addition of our new coder Hobart), and utilizing the times when you have the numbers for a tough PoP boss fight(Like someone previously mentioned, not only were some encounters broken, but were pre-nerf versions of PoP encounters most of us on EQPC never even saw).

All of us on EQmac would love to see a new guild show up that raids 5 nights a week or any casual player for that matter.

Daldaen
02-16-2012, 12:19 AM

Hrmmm does this work on PC?

Vorin
02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Hrmmm does this work on PC?

Yes, that's the whole point.

Don't need to do any of that for mac.

Happy
02-16-2012, 03:40 AM
so.. I DL'd client from launchpad. Moved contents of resource folder to c:/eqmac, then copied in secrets zip contents.. I ran EQW and got this...

http://imgur.com/YkEDv

also tried shortcutting egame patchme, and got same error. Anyone know what's up? tried it on both of my PCs and same result ><

Nirgon
02-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Check your application logs but that looks super jacked.

LizardNecro
02-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Tons of broken boss mobs that until recently were never fixed or required GM assistance to work.

Also, there really are no hardcore raid guilds on AK....Temerity is the guild that broke into time and they raid 2 - 3 days a week and with such a low population a lot of that time is spent back flagging new applicants (we dont not have the 85% rule, so every single person has to get every single flag before he/she has access to higher tiers...we are trying to get this to change soon with the addition of our new coder Hobart), and utilizing the times when you have the numbers for a tough PoP boss fight(Like someone previously mentioned, not only were some encounters broken, but were pre-nerf versions of PoP encounters most of us on EQPC never even saw).

All of us on EQmac would love to see a new guild show up that raids 5 nights a week or any casual player for that matter.

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed explanation.

Would EQmac be free to play on for ex EQ players? My reading of Smed's post was that old players would be grandfathered into a silver account, but it's not clear to me if you can play EQmac on a silver account, or if you need gold.

Secrets
02-16-2012, 06:06 AM
asaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Secrets
02-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed explanation.

Would EQmac be free to play on for ex EQ players? My reading of Smed's post was that old players would be grandfathered into a silver account, but it's not clear to me if you can play EQmac on a silver account, or if you need gold.

EQMac will not have any subscription tiers or a marketplace.

bluejam
02-16-2012, 07:54 AM
The king is dead, long live the king?

How's the guide/GM support over there? Are things actually being handled or is it not necessary because ppl aren't a bunch of mongoloids?

Malrubius
02-16-2012, 08:34 AM
two words
pok stones
no thanks

maahes
02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Very happy for the Mac server, I know it would have hurt to lose your toons you have been working on for years.

But I still believe it is in your best interest to spend your gaming time here. Correct me if I am wrong but your active population was half of what P99 is currently at.

SirAlvarex
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
You can say what you want about SOE, but if they really are making EQMac completely and totally free, that's pretty awesome.

Makes me wonder if they'd do the same for Pre-Luclin Classic if they ever found a stable code base for it....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :)

loneless999
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
im really hopeing to give this a try but i only have a PC
i have an active EQ live account can i use that to play EQmac ?

if so can anyone post a how to guide to get PC to work with mac
thank you

LizardNecro
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
EQMac will not have any subscription tiers or a marketplace.

Thank you for the reply. I will say that is a very exciting alternative. I think we are fortunate to have such great options, p1999 and EQMac.

One other question. I think one of the real draws of p1999 is the anti hacking code. The article on Cheating In Everquest (http://www.tentonhammer.com/features/everquest/hacking-eq-part-one) makes a great example of why playing on EQ live is no fun:

Suddenly a group of 8 characters appeared right in front of us. Before we had a chance to ask any questions the group ran ahead, pulled all three bosses on top of our raid and poofed out of existence. We fought valiantly, but without being fully prepared we fell. It was a wipe. Lucky for us we had managed to save a rezzer from the train, so after things looked safe again we began rezzing our raid. Then, again, this mysterious group of 8 suddenly appeared in front of us, and began killing the targets we were setting up for

People multi boxing, using MQ, and other third party tools makes the game simply unplayable for everyone else. I think I read somewhere that Naggy has been on lockdown for months on one of the progression severs by a single guy who boxes a group of six with MQ. It's terrible, and not fun.

The draw of p1999 for me was the ban on multi boxing, MQ, etc. Are any such provisions made on EQMac to prevent it from degenerating into what the live progression servers have become?

Daldaen
02-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Mac server bans MQ use I believe but I'm pretty sure boxing is allowed which is $$$$.

Kolamer
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
The file that Secerts posted over on FOH has been removed. Can someone who has the file rehost it? Or if anything, PM me about it.

LizardNecro
02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
The file that Secerts posted over on FOH has been removed. Can someone who has the file rehost it? Or if anything, PM me about it.

+1 . Would love to give it a test run on PC

Happy
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Ok I had issues getting this to work, but finally got it to work properly, here's a rough guide I've drafted to help those who would like to try!

Rough Guide to play EQMAC on PC ( Tested on Windows 7 64bit)
1. Fresh Install of EQ Titanium
2. Take contests of fresh EQ Titanium installation folder and put them into an empty C:\EQMac folder
3. Unzip contents of Secret's patch zip that can be found here http://fileb.ag/0ei29cadn4k7 into C:/EQMac overwriting anything it asks to.
4. Download EQMac via the Web Launchpad 3 http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html?game=eqmac&skin=everquest
5. Take contents of the Resources folder from the EQMac Launchpad download and copy them INTO C:\EQMac, overwrite anything it asks ( will be a lot )
6. Change desktop to 16bit, run eqw.exe and make sure to check the box for Fix EQclinit.ini

Note* if you want the newer UI, edit eqclient.ini and change newui=FALSE to TRUE, other settings can be changed in eqclient.ini also, like new / old PC models, etc.

Masq
02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok I had issues getting this to work, but finally got it to work properly eventually, here's a rough guide I've drafted to help those who would like to try!

2. Take contests of fresh EQ Titanium installation folder and put them into an empty C:\EQMac folder
3. Unzip contents of Secret's patch zip that can be found here http://fileb.ag/0ei29cadn4k7 into C:/EQMac overwriting anything it asks to.
4. Download EQMac via the Web Launchpad 3 http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html?game=eqmac&skin=everquest
5. Take contents of the Resources folder from the EQMac Launchpad download and copy them INTO C:\EQMac, overwrite anything it asks ( will be a lot )
6. Change desktop to 16bit, run eqw.exe. Note* if you want the newer UI, edit eqclient.ini and change newui=FALSE to TRUE, other settings can be changed in eqclient.ini also, like new / old PC models, etc.

is this shit legit?

Kolamer
02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Well by using that method I can get to the server select screen, but when I click the server to play, I get a memory reference error and it all closes out. Any ideas?

Pringles
02-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Well by using that method I can get to the server select screen, but when I click the server to play, I get a memory reference error and it all closes out. Any ideas?

Running into the same thing.

Pringles
02-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Uploaded it for you:
*Removed*

P.S. Dont bother Secrets about this - thats why he yanked the file. I am guilty of asking him a question, but I'm sure 1000000 others did too :( I cant get around the crash after selecting the server, hopefully someone here can shed some light?

Happy
02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Need to make sure you are putting in secrets patch before you copy in eqmac resources contents. just re-tested this and it should work if u are doing it in that order.

Pringles
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Need to make sure you are putting in secrets patch before you copy in eqmac resources contents. just re-tested this and it should work if u are doing it in that order.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight!

Elissa
02-17-2012, 12:22 AM

I did the resource copy before patching Secrets' patch and it's working perfectly for me. :)

Happy
02-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I did the resource copy before patching Secrets' patch and it's working perfectly for me. :)

oooh. Good to know :)

Elissa
02-17-2012, 12:59 AM
If you get a memory error upon trying to load server select, make sure "fix eqclient.ini" is checked next time you run eqw.exe. That fixed it for me.

Diggles
02-17-2012, 03:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/heTKT.png

Diggles
02-17-2012, 03:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Mhmf6.png

Diggles
02-17-2012, 03:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Sk7UU.png

Diggles
02-17-2012, 03:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/UnLiX.png
http://i.imgur.com/iG8jI.png

Pringles
02-17-2012, 03:50 AM
Got it working, thanks for your help fellas :)

Buellen
02-17-2012, 03:52 AM
Heya folks

As we all know their are many many problems with p1999 which are not quite right ahem path ing in most kunark zones etc etc etc.

Even thought Eqmac is locked at pop and so has some things which are not to our time lime it those have somethings which can be used to VERIFY how things that should be in classic time line. Eqmac being free to play will only help those of use who take time to submit bugs etc on p1999 we now have an additional tool to help back up possible solutions to bugs we find in p1999.

Raiding comments. If you want to raid classic style EQ their is a guild on eqmac EQVINTAGE which does just that. I was part of this guild and had a blast. unlike here on p1999 the higher end raiding guilds respect eqvintage play style and at least through my time with eqvintage did not cock-block or purposely made efforts to prevent eqvintage from progressing.

http://www.eqvintage.com/

Buellen 31 st level ranger of P1999.

Lishrac
02-17-2012, 04:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Mhmf6.png

Did the snake kick you at any point? :p

Bameliel
02-17-2012, 06:06 AM
I have followed the directions that were posted. Windows 7 64 bit. Running in 16 bit, Fix eqclient.ini. Avast is disabled.

It gets to the server selection screen, then starts to Load and says You have been disconnected. No error messages.

Any ideas?

Diggles
02-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Did the snake kick you at any point? :p

mobs seemed much more harder hitting than i remember, a few deaths were had.

Japan had a level 65 druid on the server, and he was very happy to give us some buffs

http://i.imgur.com/Q28Eo.jpg

Diggles
02-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Currently we have a little crew going, nothing set in stone since we have people wanting to make Kunark/Luclin races/classes (flagging is iffy and wont give you expansions, just access)

Bameliel
02-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Got it working. Thank you so much for this.

kissemisse
02-17-2012, 10:51 AM
we have a p99 guild on al'kabor one could join?

tshakur
02-17-2012, 02:02 PM
i be doin the twink+pl on my geared druid, send tell to mellas if you want some spell cash etc

Excision Rottun
02-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Hell yes.

Thank you Happy for re-hosting the file.

Does your Station account has to be flagged for EQMac? Or will any valid Station log-in work?

Elissa
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
mobs seemed much more harder hitting than i remember, a few deaths were had.

Yeah, this seems much harder than P99 is. I'll have to test it somehow...

Daldaen
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
6. Change desktop to 16bit, run eqw.exe and make sure to check the box for Fix EQclinit.ini

Note* if you want the newer UI, edit eqclient.ini and change newui=FALSE to TRUE, other settings can be changed in eqclient.ini also, like new / old PC models, etc.
Think I figured it out...

Masq
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
is this shit legit?

WSOCK32.DLL is triggering antivirus in step 3

telaman
02-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Is there any chance of you all removing the link to Secrets patch? SOE only just decided to keep AK alive and if they suddenly start losing a load of revenue because EQ PC users are switching to AK they may well reverse that decision and then none of us will be able to play on AK.

Realistically if they were ever to release an official PC client it would come with shit like the marketplace packaged in so SOE could make some money. It would be a real shame if this caused the death of the only official server that's even close to original EQ. Perhaps as a compromise you could pass it around to P1999 members in PMs only to prevent a mass release to EQ PC players?

Triangle
02-17-2012, 09:01 PM
think i am getting an error with eqwindows 2.32. unable to load eqw.dll, any advice?

Lron
02-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Is there any chance of you all removing the link to Secrets patch? SOE only just decided to keep AK alive and if they suddenly start losing a load of revenue because EQ PC users are switching to AK they may well reverse that decision and then none of us will be able to play on AK.

Realistically if they were ever to release an official PC client it would come with shit like the marketplace packaged in so SOE could make some money. It would be a real shame if this caused the death of the only official server that's even close to original EQ. Perhaps as a compromise you could pass it around to P1999 members in PMs only to prevent a mass release to EQ PC players?

This is a load of ridiculous BS. If tons of people migrate to AK they can either start charging us again or a number of a million other options.

We want as many people coming to Al'Kabor as possible, as well as p1999. Dont speak for a community that does not represent your sentiments telaman.

Pringles
02-17-2012, 11:44 PM

I will not take the patch off my server :) Its not harming anything. Connecting with a Mac or a PC is no different when you're playing a game.

loneless999
02-17-2012, 11:58 PM
just got it working on my PC though i have to wait till monday / tuesday for the expansions to be flagged

Diggles
02-18-2012, 01:10 AM

Hi, Maxi

Diggles
02-18-2012, 01:10 AM
There is a ridiculous amount of players who are convinced we're "hacking" the server and will be the death of it. Macintosh users >.>

Palemoon
02-18-2012, 02:20 AM
I will not take the patch off my server :) Its not harming anything. Connecting with a Mac or a PC is no different when you're playing a game.

If you think Hobart is going to let that continue to work you have another thing comming.

Diggles
02-18-2012, 02:22 AM
If you think Hobart is going to let that continue to work you have another thing comming.

lol

gm uses windows client, BUT NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Guybrush
02-18-2012, 02:29 AM
I got it working, but it won't detect any expansions!

Diggles
02-18-2012, 02:43 AM
I got it working, but it won't detect any expansions!

expansion flagging is down, will be up early next week!

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 03:01 AM
i might just be stupid, but is there a way to install a second copy of titanium?

JerseyFresh609
02-18-2012, 03:05 AM
i might just be stupid, but is there a way to install a second copy of titanium?

Yeah, just install it to a different directory.

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Yeah, just install it to a different directory.

it wont let me. if i pick "modify" or "repair" it doesn't even give the option of doing that.

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 03:10 AM
actually, it looks like it is doing a fresh install when i do repair. i think i moved my p1999 directory now that i think about it. i noticed that when i stopped it, there was a half installed copy in a new folder in my program files/sony directory.

Diggles
02-18-2012, 03:10 AM
(9:10:29 PM) Doublestep: i find it funny that when EQmac was under fire and about to be shut down
(9:10:34 PM) Doublestep: we welcomed them with open arms
(9:10:47 PM) Doublestep: now that it's staying and a few p99 peeps want to check it out
(9:11:02 PM) Doublestep: the entire server wants us all to crawl in a hole and commit seppuku

Harrison
02-18-2012, 03:51 AM
You have to think of what kind of human being is a mac enthusiast, or was.

Lron
02-18-2012, 04:04 AM
(9:10:29 PM) Doublestep: i find it funny that when EQmac was under fire and about to be shut down
(9:10:34 PM) Doublestep: we welcomed them with open arms
(9:10:47 PM) Doublestep: now that it's staying and a few p99 peeps want to check it out
(9:11:02 PM) Doublestep: the entire server wants us all to crawl in a hole and commit seppuku

I want to address this whole sentiment. I mentioned this when i came to these forums about a month ago... there are certain people in certain guilds that literally are scared to death of any type of change. Even change that affects them in a tremendously positive way. About 1/2 of the population is some of the most willfully ignorant/stubborn people on the planet...and the other 1/2 are probably the best people i have met in an MMO.

There is always good with the bad, please don't think all of us are this way though. I for one, welcome everyone and have been giving away free gear like candy as have so many others.

The fact that there are some people on EQmac that have gigantic sticks permanently lodged in their anal cavities makes the server more fun in the end as well, just dont take what they say to heart.

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 04:12 AM
any of the people who were having the memory issues and got it working, what else did you try besides whats in the directions (like checking "fix eqclient.ini" and "change to 16-bit")?? Ive done everything and it continues to disconnect.

During options, it wouldn't let me select more than 2 luclin models even though I have 4gb. Is this related?

Smyd
02-18-2012, 04:35 AM
this work on PC?

Diggles
02-18-2012, 04:44 AM
EQMac allows multiboxing, correct? Because that might kill any interest I would have in a PoP-capped server.

aye

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 04:45 AM
Yea, it works on PC. Here's instructions from earlier in this thread.

Ok I had issues getting this to work, but finally got it to work properly, here's a rough guide I've drafted to help those who would like to try!

Davardo
02-18-2012, 05:11 AM
I'm setting this up right now, hope to join you guys soon. I'm going to be be a beastlord i think.. Possibly a bard, ranger, or shaman.

EDIT: I look forward to playing with the infamous Diggles.

Is changing the desktop to 16bit a game option or a computer option? And how would that be done in Windows 7?

I'm assuming this is 16 or 32 bit color modes?

Alacres
02-18-2012, 06:27 AM
I'm setting this up right now, hope to join you guys soon. I'm going to be be a beastlord i think.. Possibly a bard, ranger, or shaman.

EDIT: I look forward to playing with the infamous Diggles.

Is changing the desktop to 16bit a game option or a computer option? And how would that be done in Windows 7?

I don't know about anyone else, but I never changed it to 16 bit and it's been working fine for me. I'm also a windows 7 64-bit user.

As for the 16-bit option, I think they're referring to a computer option specifically, but I'd say try it without it first if you haven't already.

Diggles
02-18-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm not playing with full dedication until I get kunark/luclin enabled. WANT AN IKSAR SHADOW KNIGHT

Davardo
02-18-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm also having the issue of disconnecting after server select, anyone that had the problem fix it yet?

EDIT: And is there a way to make EQW's window bigger?

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm also having the issue of disconnecting after server select, anyone that had the problem fix it yet?

no. I even tried to install on my second laptop, and I'm getting the same issues. Both are windows 7. please post if you figure it out.

Davardo
02-18-2012, 07:21 AM
no. I even tried to install on my second laptop, and I'm getting the same issues. Both are windows 7. please post if you figure it out.

I came to the conclusion the 16bit is color mode of 16 or 32... if not someone correct me. Didn't change anything. Don't really know what else to try... not really a software person.

Alacres
02-18-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm not playing with full dedication until I get kunark/luclin enabled. WANT AN IKSAR SHADOW KNIGHT

I'm still confused about the whole expansions thing. I guess it must not effect everyone because I actually just made an Iksar SK last night, and also a Vah Shir bard earlier today. Maybe it's because I'm using an older, mac-enabled (back when it was required) account?

I guess I'm one of the few not dealing with the expansion restrictions, for one reason or another.

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 07:32 AM
yea, old accounts have expansions.

Davardo
02-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Found this online, worth a try:

How to install
1. Install EverQuest Titanium edition and move the folder to C:\
2. Rename the EQ Titanium folder to "EQMac"
3. Download the new Intel EQMac Client located here: LaunchPad 3
4. When the new EQMac client is fully patched, find the folder (default location is C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac or C:\Users\Default\AppData\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac)
5. Go into the folder "EverQuest Mac" > "Contents" > "Resources"
6. In "Resources" folder, Select All > Copy > Paste to your C:\EQMac folder. Overwrite all.
7. Extract Secrets' .zip file to C:\EQMac. Overwrite all.
8. In C:\EQMac, right click eqw.exe > Properties > Compatibility Settings > Check Run as Administrator > OK.
9. Run eqw.exe
10. If you cannot get it to work (experience weird error), rerun eqw.exe and check "Fix eqclient.ini". This should fix the problem.
11. IMPORTANT: Edit eqclient.ini NewUI=TRUE instead of NewUI=FALSE (This removes the Classic and Velious UI in favor of the Luclin UI, however, the client is much more stable and actually 100% playable as opposed to playing with the older UIs. My suggestion: try the old UIs for a little bit for nostalgia purposes, but inevitably you should switch to Luclin UI for full game functionality! )
11. (Optional): Rename eqtheme.mp3, combattheme1.mp3, combattheme2.mp3, combattheme3.mp3, deaththeme.mp3, lavastorm.mp3, guk.mp3, and nektulos.mp3 to have the original classic MIDI versions restored!
12. (Optional): Go to eqclient.ini, and change LOADARMOR17 through LOADARMOR23 from =FALSE to =TRUE. Change LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE to LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE (This will allow you to see Velious armor skins)

Alacres
02-18-2012, 07:59 AM

How to install
4. When the new EQMac client is fully patched, find the folder (default location is C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac or C:\Users\Default\AppData\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac)
6. In "Resources" folder, Select All > Copy > Paste to your C:\EQMac folder. Overwrite all.
8. In C:\EQMac, right click eqw.exe > Properties > Compatibility Settings > Check Run as Administrator > OK.
9. Run eqw.exe
10. If you cannot get it to work (experience weird error), rerun eqw.exe and check "Fix eqclient.ini". This should fix the problem.
11. IMPORTANT: Edit eqclient.ini NewUI=TRUE instead of NewUI=FALSE (This removes the Classic and Velious UI in favor of the Luclin UI, however, the client is much more stable and actually 100% playable as opposed to playing with the older UIs. My suggestion: try the old UIs for a little bit for nostalgia purposes, but inevitably you should switch to Luclin UI for full game functionality! )
11. (Optional): Rename eqtheme.mp3, combattheme1.mp3, combattheme2.mp3, combattheme3.mp3, deaththeme.mp3, lavastorm.mp3, guk.mp3, and nektulos.mp3 to have the original classic MIDI versions restored!
12. (Optional): Go to eqclient.ini, and change LOADARMOR17 through LOADARMOR23 from =FALSE to =TRUE. Change LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE to LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE (This will allow you to see Velious armor skins)

EDIT: Setting to use the new ui made it so instead of it saying disconnecting, EQ just crashes.

Oh! You guys weren't already following Vallhalla's guide? No wonder you're still having probs :p. I would have said something about it, but I could have sworn I saw it here earlier (getting forums mixed up I guess heh).

I was in the same boat until I followed his guide. Once I did all that, it worked like a charm. Hopefully it will work the same for those of you still having problems with it. I'd say it should even be stickied somewhere.

Oh, and make sure you check the "fix eqclient.ini" option if you get a memory read error after doing everything - that did the trick for me.

Davardo
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM

How to install
9. Run eqw.exe

Followed this and it worked perfectly, Halfling Ranger!

telaman
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
This is a load of ridiculous BS. If tons of people migrate to AK they can either start charging us again or a number of a million other options.

We want as many people coming to Al'Kabor as possible, as well as p1999. Dont speak for a community that does not represent your sentiments telaman.

I'm not speaking for the community, I'm speaking for myself. I feel like it's a legitimate concern and I'm entitled to say whatever I want about it. There's a reason they're not charging us now, so what makes you think they'll come up with another option later rather than just shutting it down? I can't read SOEs mind but they've had the option of releasing a PC client for AK for ages since that's what Hobart's been using to log in for years and have chosen not to for whatever reason.

Anyway I figured I'd ask and Pringles said no which is fine. In the end, no one really knows what will happen with this client so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

telaman
02-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi, Maxi

Hi Diggles, it's Muess on AK actually, Maximart is just my trader :)

Daldaen
02-18-2012, 08:43 AM
yea, old accounts have expansions.

I have had an account on live for 12 years. And I still do (active), yet it doesn't show me having any expansions on Al'Kabor....

gnomishfirework
02-18-2012, 09:25 AM
i finally got it to work. i was just an idiot, and copied the entire everquest mac folder over to my eqmac folder.

Alacres
02-18-2012, 10:07 AM
I have had an account on live for 12 years. And I still do (active), yet it doesn't show me having any expansions on Al'Kabor....

It seems to only apply to people that had EQMac accounts prior to the changes lately, unless of course you're referring to EQmac when you say "live" account.

The account I'm using is one that I added an EQMac key to years ago, and so far I haven't had any trouble accessing expansion content.

Malrubius
02-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Boats work?

loneless999
02-18-2012, 10:38 AM
i did not need to change desktop to 16 bit and when you run EQW make sure you check the FIX EQCLIANT . INI

Alacres
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Boats work?

Yes, that they do :)

kissemisse
02-18-2012, 03:24 PM
is it just me or pressing the number 7 wont work unless you do it on the keypad?

Edit: nevermind me, somehow the eqw.ini files had bound 7 to something

Davardo
02-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Any idea why it won't let my dad log in? He made an account and verified his email just the same as I did last night. Could the problem be that it is not on his c:\ drive? Only thing I can see that he did differently than I did.

Alacres
02-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Any idea why it won't let my dad log in? He made an account and verified his email just the same as I did last night. Could the problem be that it is not on his c:\ drive? Only thing I can see that he did differently than I did.

Yeah, that's most likely what it is. I'm not sure why exactly, but from what I understand, it needs to be in the root of the C drive. I've got a friend who's main drive is actually set to H for some reason, so I'll try installing on his later and see how it goes.

Dravingar
02-19-2012, 02:00 AM

Not sureif you figured it out yet but I had the same problem and it was because the wsock32.dll was getting caught by my antivirus.

Adachi
02-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Yeah, that's most likely what it is. I'm not sure why exactly, but from what I understand, it needs to be in the root of the C drive. I've got a friend who's main drive is actually set to H for some reason, so I'll try installing on his later and see how it goes.

EQ wouldn't download for me off the eqmac patcher site when the game wasn't installed under C:\EQMac. I don't have the space on my C drive partition so I just created a symlink from c:\EQMac pointing to the directory on my D drive.

strosz
02-19-2012, 08:09 AM
This is great! Thanks for sharing information on how to set this up. Just got in and made a necromancer to start out with. No 50% pet penalty what I gather. A friendly cleric went by and gave me 20 plat and some caster items. Seems to be a great community.

The population seems to be a bit low though, more so than P1999. Will still stay on P1999 mainly, but it's cool to be able to play a legit PoP server.

A few things would be great to solve though;
- Is there anyway to cap the framerate so that mouse look won't be so slow in x-axis?
- The mouse pointer gets stuck inside the window, and I have to alt-tab to get it outside. This is just a minor annoyance, but anyone knows if it can be fixed?

Alacres
02-19-2012, 08:14 AM
This is great! Thanks for sharing information on how to set this up. Just got in and made a necromancer to start out with. No 50% pet penalty what I gather. A friendly cleric went by and gave me 20 plat and some caster items. Seems to be a great community.

The population seems to be a bit low though, more so than P1999. Will still stay on P1999 mainly, but it's cool to be able to play a legit PoP server.

A few things would be great to solve though;
- Is there anyway to cap the framerate so that mouse look won't be so slow in x-axis?
- The mouse pointer gets stuck inside the window, and I have to alt-tab to get it outside. This is just a minor annoyance, but anyone knows if it can be fixed?

I'm curious about those two issues myself actually, specifically the fps cap. On EQ PC, they have the advanced graphics options with the fps slider, but I guess it hadn't been implemented back when this server stopped receiving updates. I'm hoping there's a console command or maybe an ini change that can do it.

Alacres
02-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Well, I didn't have any luck finding anything for the fps issue in the ini (then again, I'm not really sure what to look for heh), but I did find something else pretty interesting. I remember hearing people talk about enabling the old velious textures for armor (the textures that were supposedly in the game back before the Luclin models were introduced), but on the PC, there were apparently some pretty bad graphical anomalies when enabling them through the ini.

So, out of curiosity, I tried enabling them in the EQMac ini, took a run around PoK, and wow, they all seem to work! Some of the velious textures look pretty incredible and many are certainly a step above the single default texture that's used for every type of armor. It definitely adds some variety to how people look. Granted, since there aren't many people online right now, I've only witnessed the new textures on NPCs, but I expect it to work just the same with with player's armor as well.

In case any of you want to give this a try, all you need to do is go into the eqclient.ini and change these files from FALSE to TRUE -

LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE
LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=TRUE
LoadArmor19=TRUE
LoadArmor20=TRUE
LoadArmor21=TRUE
LoadArmor22=TRUE
LoadArmor23=TRUE

I only use the old models myself so I'm not really sure if this first one is necessary, or if it even actually works with Luclin models, but I'll check it out in a little bit.

Sigh, it's a shame these textures will only appear client-side (only to us and those who also have the ini options set the same), but it's better than nothing. I really like a lot of the velious textures, so even if I'll be one of the few actually seeing them, that's cool with me.

Edit: Just a little update - I just tried the Velious textures with the Luclin models and yeah... they don't work to well on them. They only seem to partially cover the body. Nonetheless, it's pretty cool seeing some of the different concepts the artists came up with. I wasn't even aware they had designed velious textures for the luclin models period, so it was interesting to see.

Now if only they could be fixed and implemented in the game so we could finally have some aesthetic variety when it comes to armor. One can dream anyway :p.

Edit Edit: This thread will give you an idea of how most of the velious textures look for each race - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29595

Namfoodle
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
When you're trying to get this to work on a PC with Secrets' fix, does it have to be installed on the C: drive?

Happy
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
When you're trying to get this to work on a PC with Secrets' fix, does it have to be installed on the C: drive?

Not necessary.

BrandeX
02-20-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm curious about those two issues myself actually, specifically the fps cap. On EQ PC, they have the advanced graphics options with the fps slider, but I guess it hadn't been implemented back when this server stopped receiving updates. I'm hoping there's a console command or maybe an ini change that can do it.
You need to use EQPlayNice for this, like we used to "back in the day".

That is a feature of EQW, I believe the command to release the mouse was Ctrl+Shft+R

Namfoodle
02-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Anyone experience this after installing it on the PC?

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server you may need to re-run the Udate Patch Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/Prophet88/error1017.jpg

Davardo
02-20-2012, 02:53 AM

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server you may need to re-run the Udate Patch Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"

That is the problem my father is having... someone recommended looking to see if wsock32.dll got deleted by an antivirus. Will try this soon.

Namfoodle
02-20-2012, 02:57 AM
That is the problem my father is having... someone recommended looking to see if wsock32.dll got deleted by an antivirus. Will try this soon.

You also mentioned he didn't install it on the C: drive. I didn't either. That seems to be one thing in common with out problem, but the poster above said it wasn't necessary to install on the C: drive.

Davardo
02-20-2012, 03:15 AM
You also mentioned he didn't install it on the C: drive. I didn't either. That seems to be one thing in common with out problem, but the poster above said it wasn't necessary to install on the C: drive.

He transfered it to the C drive and it still did not work, he still has wsock32.dll too... It's a mystery.

BrandeX
02-20-2012, 03:54 AM
The problem I am having, is that I can't get any Luclin models in game. Even setting all to "TRUE" in the eqclient.ini has no effect.

Could this be due to the expac bug mentioned above? Using either my old EQLive accounts, or making a new one Kunark and beyond are not enabled.

So, I can get in, but only the original old world.

Diggles
02-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Did you copy the EQMac Resource folder into the right area? What PC client are you using? A copy of P99 or fresh install of Titanium?

Diggles
02-20-2012, 03:56 AM
The problem I am having, is that I can't get any Luclin models in game. Even setting all to "TRUE" in the eqclient.ini has no effect.

Could this be due to the expac bug mentioned above? Using either my old EQLive accounts, or making a new one Kunark and beyond are not enabled.

So, I can get in, but only the original old world.
all eqmac accounts flagged after the 15th do not have expansions yet. They will be enabled monday or tuesday

BrandeX
02-20-2012, 04:02 AM
I see, thanks!

Diggles
02-20-2012, 04:08 AM
To that extent, Luclin models and PoK will be open to new accounts at that time. If you're having issues enabling Luclin models after that point (the in game configuration seems to have problems reading PC memory) everything can be edited in the EQClient.ini file in your base folder. Initiate a search for it.

Falisaty
02-20-2012, 04:26 AM

Where is this resource folder located?

Diggles
02-20-2012, 04:28 AM
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EQMacintosh or something to that effect.

Falisaty
02-20-2012, 04:34 AM
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EQMacintosh or something to that effect.

dont have this location is their something i need to do when i sign in on the launch 3 thing from the web?

Disreguard this... apparently firefox was blocking the installer

Falisaty
02-20-2012, 05:08 AM

now i get this error /sigh

strosz
02-20-2012, 06:34 AM
In case any of you want to give this a try, all you need to do is go into the eqclient.ini and change these files from FALSE to TRUE -

LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE
LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=TRUE
LoadArmor19=TRUE
LoadArmor20=TRUE
LoadArmor21=TRUE
LoadArmor22=TRUE
LoadArmor23=TRUE

Edit Edit: This thread will give you an idea of how most of the velious textures look for each race - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29595

That's really interesting, thanks a lot for sharing. The velious armors are very welcome after all this time with P1999. The luclin velious models sounds crazy, have to try em.

I got this message as well after installing it on S:\EQMac. So I did a mklink from C:\EQMac like someone else mentioned in this thread, and after that it started to work. Seems like it can't find the files to load when you try to log in.

If you've installed in on any other drive than C. Open cmd and type;

mklink /D C:\EQMac X:\EQMac

where X:\EQMac is the directory where you installed it.

If it complains you may have to delete any directory named C:\EQMac in existance and type the command again. It will create the folder for you.

You don't have to reinstall EQ Titanium, just do the mklink to the directory where everything is already installed.

That should cure the login errors. Also, be sure to check the fix eqclient.ini box.

I've found this client to be kind of unstable though. Whenever you look through a polygon model, everything will go whack for a moment. This is very noticeable when you're meleeing and the head movement pokes through the foe. Loading times upon zoning is a lot quicker than P1999 though, so it has its up and downs.

The worst part is probably that the server is so empty. Almost all the time I was the only one in the zone. Even EC had like 2 players. Did a couple of /whos and found that there was a total of between 3 to 7 of every class online that was not anonymous. I hope the population will improve a lot in the coming weeks when the word of mouth goes around, since it's free, official and locked at PoP, which should interest a lot of former players.

Namfoodle
02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Fuck yes, glorious victory! I was actually trying to create a symlink as I read your post, but your instructions were 100% perfect. Thanks.

backman_66
02-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Anyone having issues with boxing while using this client? I have no login issues at all and I can play the game fine using the included EQW beta 2.32, but whenever I try to open a second box it will close out the first box. Help me!! I need a shaman box to help me level.

Cebkix Darkbane
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I have a question to the experts, out of curiosity...

I used to have a Station account a LONG time ago (along with my high level characters that I have since cancelled etc). I have the EQ Titanium discs in my garage somewhere so I could find them and do a clean install.

Do I need anything special to come play on EQMac as far as a "registry key" or anything?

I am 99% sure I forgot my station name/password but I could probably email their support people and figure it out.

Something about being able to play EQ again up through PoP is very appealing to me. My favorite times were basically Classic/Kunark, and Luclin for the introduction of the AAs. After that the game started to get watered down a bit...

Namfoodle
02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
You can make a brand new station account and play on EQ mac. As long as you're able to download the client, any log-in will do.

loneless999
02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
wishthey would hurry with the expansion flagging wanna create an iksar beastlord

Cebkix Darkbane
02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
You can make a brand new station account and play on EQ mac. As long as you're able to download the client, any log-in will do.

So basically:

Create new station account (or remember old one)
Follow instructions on this thread for installing on Windows.
Profit?

Seems almost too easy! ;p

Happy
02-20-2012, 05:44 PM
wishthey would hurry with the expansion flagging wanna create an iksar beastlord

They're all flagged now btw.

Hailto
02-20-2012, 06:52 PM
So basically:

Create new station account (or remember old one)
Follow instructions on this thread for installing on Windows.
Profit?

Seems almost too easy! ;p

Whats the low-level grouping scene like on this server though, im guessing its terrible? Are you allowed to box multiple characters, is there a limit on how many you can box now that its f2p?

Daldaen
02-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Unlimited I think and it isn't too bad grouping wise. I've gotten probably 3 groups in GFay/Crushbone in only 3-4 hours of playing and thats without looking just people randomly inviting me.

Davardo
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm having a problem logging in, when I get passed the station and verant logo's it just stays black, never making it to the log in screen... Any ideas?

ShadowWulf
02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
There is a particular torrent file on a particular torrent site that seems to have the entire EQMac client ready to go for PC users already. I imagine the obvious search parameters will narrow it down to a single file as no others are named the same.

Just saying....

Harrison
02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
There is a particular torrent file on a particular torrent site that seems to have the entire EQMac client ready to go for PC users already. I imagine the obvious search parameters will narrow it down to a single file as no others are named the same.

Just saying....

Yay

Hailto
02-20-2012, 11:01 PM
I am getting Error 1017 as well, that Namfoodle mentioned, anyone have any ideas?

Hailto
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Nevermind i got it working now, any of you that are the same problem, make sure you got rid of the "sony" folder from the titanium install and EQMac goes directly to your game folder, not to "EverQuest" then to the files

As a side note: anyone know if there is a way to make the window size bigger? Its almost unplayable on my computer due to how small the screen actually is, and it doesn't seem like i can stretch it out any.

Gimlish
02-21-2012, 04:14 AM
change the game resolution, make sure you have the new ui enabled in eqclient.ini.

Cebkix Darkbane
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
i be doin the twink+pl on my geared druid, send tell to mellas if you want some spell cash etc

Soon as I get it installed and figured out, I am going to /tell you for a simple 1pp donation for spells. I promise to pay you back 100 fold some day. ;)

Hailto
02-21-2012, 03:51 PM
change the game resolution, make sure you have the new ui enabled in eqclient.ini.

Thanks

Raavak
02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Since EQMac is in PoP, does that mean the hybrid experience penalty is gone?

Davardo
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM

I heard someone say either race or class penalties were still in effect... I think it was race, but I am uncertain. It is definately only one though.

Daldaen
02-21-2012, 05:09 PM

Its gone. My bard leveled pretty quickly.

This server is baller though.

Silentone
02-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Love the game so far.
Some notes questions, for PC users

-First person, i get glitches playing in this view, so im forced to play in a diffrent view and not move my mouse, any way around this?

-Custom UI, possible? and if so where can i find a good one?

-Last but not least, anyone else having problems with the window overlay? its basicaly in window mode but wont let me interact with my desktop or vent unless i min it. ..any input would be great.

Kender
02-21-2012, 06:38 PM
-Last but not least, anyone else having problems with the window overlay? its basicaly in window mode but wont let me interact with my desktop or vent unless i min it. ..any input would be great.

what version of windows? i know my vent wont work with eq open unless i run both as administrator when using windows 7.

Linkamus
02-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Race exp penalties are in effect. Iksars are a bit of a pain to level. I believe AA exp is not affected by race though.

Silentone
02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
hi, kender i run windows 7 64 bit. but i dont have issues running vent the issue i have is EQ doesnt act as a normal window, as in when i alt tab to different screens i have some issues with clicking on lets say a web page or even vent, it takes me some clicking on my desk top to get it to recognize that eq is now minmized and allow me to access other programs

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I am having issues initializing this, after I select server and hit "play everquest" the window goes black and freezes. Any ideas?

bluejam
02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Running Vista 32bit. Followed the instructions to the T. First of all it tells me I only have 2gig of memory and I can't select more than 2 Luclin models (no issue). I can log in fine and select and join one of the two(?!) Al'Kabor servers. It loads for 3s and hits me with a Windows memory error even though I can hear the music playing during the loading screen process.

Has anyone run into this problem and fixed it?

Running on 16-bit color, turned off all fancy options including sound, tried different resolutions, created a brand new account. Nothing.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rdi59g.jpg

Kender
02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
hi, kender i run windows 7 64 bit. but i dont have issues running vent the issue i have is EQ doesnt act as a normal window, as in when i alt tab to different screens i have some issues with clicking on lets say a web page or even vent, it takes me some clicking on my desk top to get it to recognize that eq is now minmized and allow me to access other programs

tried wineg2? (from lavishsoft, free to sign up) i have to run that in order to even get eq to work properly and not warp all over the place in super speedy mode. I had no issue on XP, but wouldn't work when i went to windows 7 64bit until i used wineq2

it handles window mode and dual core afinity for you. I run eq in windowed mode so i can have my browser beside it (for maps, ah tracker,quest info) or running movies while i grind. (wish i had a second monitor for all this crap but no room on my desk) so not sure if that makes a difference

p.s. forgot i was in the mac thread... no clue if Wineq2 works for the mac server or not. this is what i had to do for p99 to work

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I am having issues initializing this, after I select server and hit "play everquest" the window goes black and freezes. Any ideas?

WELL I ran it in compatibility mode for windows 7, instead of windows xp service pack 3, and i at least got to see it load with EQ music, then it crashed 2 seconds later.

Silentone
02-21-2012, 07:36 PM
two fixes i had to do to get the game to work, you may want to try it if you are still having problems. and to the bluejam i have 8gigs of ram and still get the you dont have enough memory for mroe then 2 models msg. So i can only pick 2 modles as well.

now to the fixes i know they may seem obvious but it was what was messing me up. make sure you have the file in your "C" drive C:/EQMac not anywhere else not sure why but its a problem, 2nd make sure you have anti virus off as it does cause a problem while installing.

hope those 2 help.

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
two fixes i had to do to get the game to work, you may want to try it if you are still having problems. and to the bluejam i have 8gigs of ram and still get the you dont have enough memory for mroe then 2 models msg. So i can only pick 2 modles as well.

now to the fixes i know they may seem obvious but it was what was messing me up. make sure you have the file in your "C" drive C:/EQMac not anywhere else not sure why but its a problem, 2nd make sure you have anti virus off as it does cause a problem while installing.

hope those 2 help.

Well, folder is in the right place and anti virus off, also tried the 16bit colors, didn't help.

Silentone
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
hmm, i never bothred with the 16 bit and mine runs fine.. you follow all the other steps? eqw.exe as admin and did the patches in right order?

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 07:56 PM
That's a good point. I probably did not do it in order, seeing if that works now.

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Nope doesn't work, trying a clean install will repeat steps.

loneless999
02-21-2012, 08:29 PM
did you check fix EQconfig.ini when you run EQW ?

also dose anyone know how to fix the bazzar when you search everything up for a bazillion platinum and you cant inspect items

bluejam
02-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Nope doesn't work, trying a clean install will repeat steps.
Did the same on my main machine. No difference.

Installed it on my 9 year old laptop running WinXP SP2 (figure it's hardware related), can actually see the loading screen, music playing, bar fills up, "You have been disconnected" screen pops up instead of char select. I'm going crazy.

What graphics card/cpu are you using?

Nvidia 8800 GT and Intel Core Duo E8200.

did you check fix EQconfig.ini when you run EQW ?
Yes.

Does this mean you have to run some patch option before copying over the "Resources" folder? Cus I only ran that browser launchpad and it downloaded 1.9gb of files resulting in the Mac EQ folder under users/blah blah.

Turning off sound on my laptop crashes the game after server select identical to my main pc issue.

Agecroft
02-21-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm getting to the same spot on a Windows 64bit PC Bluejam. I'm not sure what else to try.

Is everyone seeing 2 down eqmac servers and 2 up AlKabor servers?

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Did the same on my main machine. No difference.

Installed it on my 9 year old laptop (figure it's hardware related), can actually see the loading screen, music playing, bar fills up, "You have been disconnected" screen pop up instead of char select. I'm going crazy.

What graphics card/cpu are you using?

Nvidia 8800 GT and Intel Core Duo E8200.

Yes.

Tried everything, clean install, followed steps in order, checked fix, I have an Amd 6core and nvidia gtx 460. I wonder if its a problem with the processor.

Agecroft
02-21-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm running nvidia 280gtx and intel i7 920

Silentone
02-21-2012, 08:41 PM
the disconected msg you are getting is either an anti-virus or firewall one or the other is casuing that. I was having the exact same problem.

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
the disconected msg you are getting is either an anti-virus or firewall one or the other is casuing that. I was having the exact same problem.

Ill try and find a workaround for that.

Agecroft
02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Firewall and AV disabled - still have disconnected problem.

JoeyD
02-21-2012, 08:50 PM
lol @macs

Lich
02-21-2012, 08:51 PM
I am stuck at the login screen. "Establishing connection with login server". I have my firewall turned off.

I am running win xp sp3.

EDIT: It works after I turned off peerblock.

bluejam
02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm getting to the same spot on a Windows 64bit PC Bluejam. I'm not sure what else to try.

Is everyone seeing 2 down eqmac servers and 2 up AlKabor servers?
Yes.

I hate Apple with a passion. If I have to buy a Mac for this I'm gonna punch a kitten until it dies.

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
WELL I ran it in compatibility mode for windows 7, instead of windows xp service pack 3, and i at least got to see it load with EQ music, then it crashed 2 seconds later.

After everything, firewall, anti virus, clean install, click fix, followed install steps in order, etc etc yada yada ran in compatability mode for windows 7, xp SP 3, vista, changed resolutions, tried 16bit.

Nothing works.

bluejam
02-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Turned off windows firewall, have no AV on my notebook cus I replaced the harddrive a while ago after it had been fried for months, so it's a pretty clean XP install. Forwarded all ports in eqhost.txt. Still getting disconnected.

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin4.989studios.com:6999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin4.989studios.com:16900"
"eqlogin4.989studios.com:16901"
"eqlogin4.989studios.com:16902"
"eqlogin4.989studios.com:16903"
}

dark void2100
02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I am also seeing 4 servers (2 up, 2 down) and get sent back to server select screen telling me i may need to rerun the update patch. tried everything and did everything in order.

I am using windows 7

Strange these errors are just popping up now, maybe the server is just throwing a bit of a hissy fit. I'll try again tomorrow. (also note the two down servers are higher up on the population rank then the two up servers)

Denzal
02-21-2012, 09:31 PM
I have a geforce gtx 550 ti 8gb ram intel dual core etc, I can run it fine but it wont let me select more than 2 models, what gives?

colleekitty
02-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Not to sound like a broke record but...You guys are installing it directly on your C drive right? C:\EQMac not C:\Program Files\EQMac or any other variation. I had similar problems until I moved it to C.

Bleh, Having no mouse scroll/3rd person view is painful. Back in the day I played in first person, but now it feels wrong/inferior.

Razdeline
02-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Not to sound like a broke record but...You guys are installing it directly on your C drive right? C:\EQMac not C:\Program Files\EQMac or any other variation. I had similar problems until I moved it to C.

Bleh, Having no mouse scroll/3rd person view is painful. Back in the day I played in first person, but now it feels wrong/inferior.

yep, still a loading screen, then disconnect

bluejam
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
yep, still a loading screen, then disconnect

Razdeline
02-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Figured it out. its the resources folder that you copy to the EQMAC FOLDER. Do not put it in the resources folder in the new EQMac folder you created, just dump it in the main folder. This was completely user error on my part.

Diggles
02-22-2012, 02:47 AM
I have a geforce gtx 550 ti 8gb ram intel dual core etc, I can run it fine but it wont let me select more than 2 models, what gives?

Go into EQClient.ini and edit it. The client is having a hard time reading your RAM and it bugs out.

also, gtx 550 ti blud brothas

Razdeline
02-22-2012, 02:52 AM
ok next question, How do I add more than 2 luclin models? Also noticing a gfx glitch when I attack. Bazaar was acting funky, NEW UI: TRUE is et in my .ini file

Diggles
02-22-2012, 03:04 AM
read the post above you

Razdeline
02-22-2012, 04:12 AM
read the post above you

lol thanks, and was going to try that

Silentone
02-22-2012, 05:35 AM
i have found the 2nd view on F9 if you zoom out just a tad and leave it like that you get a nice view from the rear, and i just pitch a bit up and leave it like that for the most part. best i have found

Adachi
02-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I also hit F9 twice to get the behind view, then zoomed out with the Delete key. Then I went into the Mouse options and selected Invert Y Axis. Makes for a decent ghetto 3rd person view. But yeah, thing is your character has seizures when you turn with your mouse.

Since there's no built in Framerate limiting like the newer clients have, I also had to edit the eqw.ini to cap the fps by editting MaxFPS=30 so the turning on the X axis wasn't assfuck slow. Seems to help a bit, not as fast as I would like and it fucks up sometimes after alt-tabbing by going back to slow turning mode.

dark void2100
02-22-2012, 10:15 AM

worked for me thanks!

Denzal
02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Go into EQClient.ini and edit it. The client is having a hard time reading your RAM and it bugs out.

also, gtx 550 ti blud brothas

I suck with computers and this kind of thing, what exactly do I edit?

bluejam
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
OMG YES! The resource folder thing was the issue, much <3

colleekitty
02-22-2012, 04:14 PM
So...I'm not sure how much time and effort I would spend on this server. According to someone on FOH, the PC workaround will probably be fixed/removed soon. It will be interesting to see if they come out with a legit patcher. I guess for now play for fun, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't last. I don't know if this information is reliable, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Windows patcher being fixed soon (*very* legit source). Hobart considers it a hack and apparently there is a tested Ghost Kill working thanks to the Windows Patcher. Pretty fucked up I hope they do close the Windows Patcher asap and if there is ALREADY a Ghost Kill then I doubt they will ever officially release a windows patcher and fuck why do people have to be so selfish and ruin it for everyone else? I mean fuck I've done my fair share of hacking in my day but only in modern eq when nobody gave a fuck cuz the game was dead. Hacking on EQMac is just fucked up... go fucking play elsewhere if you're gonna hack.

Szeth
02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Goliath - the epitome of reliable sources. Just kidding he is a drug-addled mess!

Agecroft
02-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Highly doubt it.

Morsakin
02-23-2012, 04:40 PM
he is a drug-addled mess!

QFT

Daldaen
02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
I just hope they find a way to allow a PC client and still include their anti-hacking measures they have on PC servers.

Shutting down the current PC client is lame.

moklianne
02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
I was able to setup and log in on a PC (AMD CPU no less) with little issue. Its pretty sweet. You can be pretty sure they will patch this out eventually. The server was intended to be truely MAC and now that its F2p, I'm sure they don't want a ton of free loaders on a non-marketplace server. They'd rather push us to a true live server so they can grab some cash occasionally from us.

If you really want to play on it, I'd recommend looking into setting up a hackintosh. A Mac OSX VM may suffice as well. Just incase they do patch PC exploit support out down the road and you're not left in the dark suddenly.

I did notice the population is way lower than here on p99 last night. Seemed like about or a little more than half. I couldn't find more than 15 of any one single class from /who all <class>

Lill-Leif
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Are there any people to group with in the low lvl areas of luclin? PC, NL, DSP?

Agecroft
02-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Anyway to get eqw to run in fullscreen?

Hastley
02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi,

I followed valhallas guide with the 12 steps, i got the client to load. on server select it shows 4 available servers. two alkabor and 2 of some random thing.

I pick the alkabor one and then it starts to load but then it says i didnt i have a 1017 error and to either patch or try again later. What do i do?

If someone can help me and it would be easier i can pm my phone number. would like to get this working today.

Thanks

strosz
02-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I followed valhallas guide with the 12 steps, i got the client to load. on server select it shows 4 available servers. two alkabor and 2 of some random thing.

I pick the alkabor one and then it starts to load but then it says i didnt i have a 1017 error and to either patch or try again later. What do i do?

If someone can help me and it would be easier i can pm my phone number. would like to get this working today.

Thanks

Make sure that you've read the earlier posts about installing it in C:\EQMac. If you can't install it there due to lack of space, do a mklink to your current directory. I explained how to do that in an earlier post as well.

That should do it. Good luck

Heebee
02-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Since there's no built in Framerate limiting like the newer clients have, I also had to edit the eqw.ini to cap the fps by editting MaxFPS=30 so the turning on the X axis wasn't assfuck slow. Seems to help a bit, not as fast as I would like and it fucks up sometimes after alt-tabbing by going back to slow turning mode.

I'm having this problem with right-click mouselook where X axis is super slow, and Y is super fast also. I changed MaxFPS in eqw.ini to 30 but it hasn't made any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

ir0nfist
02-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Well, I tried this out. Mouselook along x axis is insanely slow. You can't use eqplaynice or wineq as they cause a memory error. None of the 3rd person views are usable for me, and with it possibly being patched out, frankly, just too much hassle and control issues for me to deal with. Ah well.

OK since i really have no other games to play I messed with the camera a bit. Basically if you want a 3rd person camera that follows your character when you turn etc (you have to keyboard turn), go to the second view with f9 that camera turns when you turn, then use alt 3 and 9 on numpad to set angle, and alt 1 and 7 on numpad to set distance from character and should be able to get a decent view. Sucks that you can't really use mouselook but, shrug. Just figured I'd mention this.

Just a bit more, 2nd camera that moves when you turn with f9, get a good distance for you from your char, invert Y axis on mouse and max mouse sensitivity and you can mouselook decently also. It's a little jumpy but not too shabby.

Nother edit. I didn't like not being able to zoom in out with mouse, so I wrote a script to do this and figured I'd post it. Source is in the zip if you want to look/change it. Basically hooks the mouse wheel, and sends 1 or 7 numpad 8x per tick of scroll wheel. Alt Home pauses it and returns scroll to normal function. Just right click icon in system tray and select exit to exit it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19233738/Scroll%20Hook.zip

Hastley
02-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Finally got it working. thanks for the advice,

Anyone i could see about a few pp for level 4 spells for my girlfriend and i?

name hastley in game.

JerseyFresh609
02-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm getting to the login screen and when I try to log on I get "Error 0009: Login server did not respond/ \nPlease try again.\n. I tried reinstalling with avast shut off but I'm still getting the same error, any ideas?

bluejam
03-01-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm getting to the login screen and when I try to log on I get "Error 0009: Login server did not respond/ \nPlease try again.\n. I tried reinstalling with avast shut off but I'm still getting the same error, any ideas?
Make sure you don't use any weird special characters on password creation. QWERTZ <-> QWERTY made me go crazy :)

jalemm
03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
thnx for post good job +rep

JustinWK
03-01-2012, 01:46 AM
I have a level 64 warrior (decently geared) and a level 61 cleric, if anyone needs help.

I haven't played in a while (got rid of my old Mac), but am back online!

Toss me a message in-game, Gremm or Porkie.

gnomishfirework
03-01-2012, 03:51 AM
I can't stand the mouse shit playing on windows. Such a a shame because a locked POP server with difficult end game encounters (maybe impossibru?) sounded fun.

JetStormTF
03-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Thanks to those who posted directions for this. Got mine working quite easily and it's running great. :)

JerseyFresh609
03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Make sure you don't use any weird special characters on password creation. QWERTZ <-> QWERTY made me go crazy :)

I bet that's it, I forgot my password for the station can't have my usual * in it and I think I was trying to log in with it still in there. Will try when I get home, thanks.

Edit: Yep! Got it working. Now I gotta figure out eqwin, I'd prefer not to use it but I guess we have to.

JerseyFresh609
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Can't scroll out to 3rd person
Graphic Glitches
Forced EQWin
No second hotbar
Etc. etc.

Was interested in playing a legit PoP server but there's just to much that I don't like. I think I will stick to P99.

tefog
03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
wow very weird i cannot find eqw.exe :(

tefog
03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
i only have eqgame.exe no eqw.exe so i changed it to admin try to run it and it says please rerun eqgame.exe

Zapatos
03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
This thread should probably moved to off topic by now.

Anyways, has anyone else had issues with dropping from chat channels using this client? For example, that server's main serverwide channel is 'alliance'. Players are encouraged to "/autojoin alliance" to be able to cope with the small population, find groups, trade, and be informed of rotting loots.

Currently, everytime I re-log in or zone, It will stay connected for 10-20 seconds before disconnecting, without any sort of d/c message; it just goes silent.

Hroth
03-02-2012, 10:04 PM

I just did a fresh install following Vallhalla's steps. Trying to log in I get the 0009 error and have a password with just numbers and alphabet characters. Is anyone else getting this? Was the windows log in disabled or am I missing something?

moklianne
03-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I just did a fresh install following Vallhalla's steps. Trying to log in I get the 0009 error and have a password with just numbers and alphabet characters. Is anyone else getting this? Was the windows log in disabled or am I missing something?

I am getting this as well now. This morning I could log in without issue. Hopefully they didn't patch this exploit.

Looks like others can't log in over at eqmac.com

ZenM0de
03-03-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm still able to log in.

bluejam
03-03-2012, 04:56 AM
The login server was down.

moklianne
03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Yup, its up this morning.

tefog
03-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Any way to make have all the models on high detail instead of just two?

bluejam
03-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Any way to make have all the models on high detail instead of just two?
Edit eqclient.ini. Has been answered in this thread.

Nedala
03-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I just followed Vallhalla's steps, i can get into the game but when im online i cant get it to fullscreen mode. Alt + enter wont work, and when i try to change the resolution the game crashes. Its only a pseudo fullscreen mode since i can see the desktop but cant click it. Im playing on windows 7. Also they keyboard behavour is weird, i cant write a "/" , instead it writes a "&" . But i cant find the "/" anywhere on my keyboard when im online. Mouse scroll or any 3rd person doesnt seem to work either :(

When i try WinEQ2 i dont have any "everquest" option. Any help?

Faywind
03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I just followed Vallhalla's steps, i can get into the game but when im online i cant get it to fullscreen mode. Alt + enter wont work, and when i try to change the resolution the game crashes. Its only a pseudo fullscreen mode since i can see the desktop but cant click it. Im playing on windows 7. Also they keyboard behavour is weird, i cant write a "/" , instead it writes a "&" . But i cant find the "/" anywhere on my keyboard when im online. Mouse scroll or any 3rd person doesnt seem to work either :(

When i try WinEQ2 i dont have any "everquest" option. Any help?

Yes, play on a real server.

pzycojsp
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Nevermind, link finally worked :-)

kazroth
03-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Anyone mind explaining what the hell EQ Mac actually is?

Daldaen
03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
A server that stopped getting updated mid-Planes of Power which requires a Mac OS to log into.

kazroth
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Is it a Sony server?

Ele
03-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Is it a Sony server?

yes

bluejam
03-22-2012, 12:45 PM
A server that stopped getting updated mid-Planes of Power which requires a Mac OS to log into.
So very very wrong.

Szeth
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Misinformation is just one way to control the masses big D.

Agecroft
03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Anyway to get eqw to run in fullscreen?

FYI for anyone still wondering - you can run this fullscreen using an eqgame.exe patchme shortcut.

The login interface doesn't refresh correctly but in-game it's perfect.

Alelo
04-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Hmm, I tried getting on this server but I keep getting disconnected after choosing Al'Kabor.

I did the following:

-Fresh install of EQ Titanium
-Copied every file from that fresh install into a new folder named EQMac right on my C: drive.
-Downloaded and unzipped Secrets' patch, overwriting everything.
-Downloaded EQMac from https://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html?game=eqmac
-Copied everything in the Resource folder from that client into my EQMac folder (not the Resource folder inside the EQMac, but rather, into EQMac itself)

Agecroft
04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Check your anti-virus chest for any dlls that have been quarantined.

Tillan
05-16-2012, 01:48 AM
why is it so hard to download this from the LaunchPad? Keeps giving me major issues.

Weekapaug
05-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Can bards old-school aoe kite here? As in with auto circle and not all of the extra clicky that is required here on p99?

I'm assuming swarming is as it always has been.

Weekapaug
05-17-2012, 10:09 AM
So I'm reading their forums....I don't know what all has gone on over there but looks like a bunch of p99ers have behaved like a bunch of total asshats....or a bunch of MAC users never experienced real EQ. Bertoxx was a bigger cesspool during classic era than p99 has ever been, imo.

Just takes a couple bad apples I guess.