PDA

View Full Version : Soo uhh... I did something stupid.

AuraoftheFlame
02-17-2012, 09:59 AM
So I just started playing on the server a couple days ago and I have had a tendency to do some... really stupid things.. I started playing a gnome necromancer and I have attempted to hail some things and instead ended up hitting the auto attack button (which I rebound to F key after binding movement to WASD keys) and I'm still KoS to those people.

This wasn't a problem at all until earlier today when I was running my midget legs to Kaladim to turn in some CB belts... And uhh.. I think I'm now KoS to Canloe. T_T!!!

Is there any way to fix this..?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm a nub. =P

tekniq
02-17-2012, 10:08 AM
doesnt matter if you auto attack them. you only lose faction if you kill them...these npcs are killing you because you're a necro.

AuraoftheFlame
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Ahhhh.. Kay! Thought it was because I attacked them and it wasn't clearing the hate out when I died or something like that.

Thank you =)

Venader
02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
you shouldnt be KoS to him from just attacking?

AuraoftheFlame
02-17-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't know. It happened to me with the cargo guy outside of Ak'Anon. The first time I was able to walk up to him without anything happening and I went to hail... and auto'd him and he has been KoS to me ever since. Not really sure if he was KoS at the onset mainly due to.. well. I'm still a newb so I didn't con at that point =P I guess I just assumed.. which could totally be my bad.

bigforest
02-17-2012, 11:28 AM
C for "consider" is your friend!

falkun
02-17-2012, 11:30 AM
alt+F4 is better for "consider"

zeplinx2
02-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Remap your Autoattack key to the ` tilde key. Did that on Live at the beginning of EQ and have never accidently melee attacked an NPC since.

fishingme
02-17-2012, 02:09 PM
my druid was friendly faction with freeport then 3 days later after i hadnt killed anything he turned kos out of the blue

Falisaty
02-17-2012, 05:22 PM
this is all because the devs have been messing with the faction system and have royally messed it up... im a gnome mage and am kos to my own ppl and i have never killed a gnome in my life... had to fix this by killing kobalds out side of akannon

Grozmok
02-17-2012, 05:38 PM
lol welcome to EverQuest!

Boombha
02-17-2012, 08:00 PM
I agree to change your attack key to something other then a letter that you may accidentally use when trying to speak. I have it bound to the 1 key for ease of use.

Much like when I first started live and A was attack, my own guild master killed me 3 times before I was able to figure out how to speak without attacking him.

Kika Maslyaka
02-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Off topic:

Does anyone remembers a series of threads from ORIGINAL EQ Newbie Zone board, on official EQ site, back in 1999-2000, titled "I have made a mistake"? It started off as series of newbie questions, and evolved into a player telling detailed stories about his daily adventures?
I distinctly remember that he was a Dwarf Warrior who by accident sold his Langseax to a vendor :)

This thread title sort of reminded me of that...