PDA

View Full Version : /split - the command and the concept

Rania
04-26-2010, 08:35 AM
In case anyone is unaware of the concept and this may actually stop one person from having to have it explained to them this is a good thing.

When you are in a group and have autosplit on for looting coin you end up with lots of CP and SP and GP depending on your level. There is a concept of splitting plat in groups. This command (/split) takes your lowest denomination of coin and changes it to higher denominations when the command is used and splits your coin with the group and reduce peoples weight. (examples below for anyone who needs it)

As it worked in classic, it works on P99 that if you/split 6 (as an example), if there are 6 people in your group this will give each of the others 1pp and yourself 1pp. As any simpleton who can do the math can see, if ALL 6 people do this, you all end up with exactly the same PP as when you started but it is now in PP instead of CP,SP and GP.

Ghetto banking is great!

Now the liklihood is that most people who read these forums already know this but I seem to come accorss the ignorance of this command frequently.

Examples to follow ...

Example 1
2 people in a group each have 10pp and 200GP on them (effectively having 30pp on them each). If they both /split 20 they each end up with 30 plat pieces each and have reduces their weight significantly.

Example 2
If you have read this far and need another example you should /q and delete :)

mitic
04-26-2010, 09:07 AM
if iam not completely wrong, the current /split system is benificialy buged right now. i dont remember having my coppers silvers gold exchanged to plat on live back the day

YendorLootmonkey
04-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't remember trusting all 6 people in a group enough to assume they're all gonna /split 20 on live back in the day.

Shamaeso
04-26-2010, 09:28 AM
if iam not completely wrong, the current /split system is benificialy buged right now. i dont remember having my coppers silvers gold exchanged to plat on live back the day

It always used your smaller coin first when splitting plat.

Omnimorph
04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't remember trusting all 6 people in a group enough to assume they're all gonna /split 20 on live back in the day.

split 20 wouldn't work with 6 people in group i don't think. has to be a multiple of the number of people in group.

guineapig
04-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Example 1
2 people in a group each have 10pp and 200GP on them (effectively having 30pp on them each). If they both /split 20 they each end up with 30 plat pieces each and have reduces their weight significantly.

This won't work because the game will tell you you don't have enough platinum.

You would have to do /split 10 and then /split 10 again. But otherwise the concept is sound. The end result is also the same.

guineapig
04-26-2010, 11:43 AM
split 20 wouldn't work with 6 people in group i don't think. has to be a multiple of the number of people in group.

It works, it will also give you change, not just the platinum. Yes, somebody might end up missing out on a copper or two but that's about it.

kevincheese
04-26-2010, 03:11 PM
That's definitely not how it worked back in the day - remember splitting massive amounts of copper with monks to make them rage?

Omnimorph
04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
That's definitely not how it worked back in the day - remember splitting massive amounts of copper with monks to make them rage?

you can /split 0 0 0 100000 if you have the copper, and people will receive the copper.

Audacious93c
04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Yea, thanks.

nalkin
04-26-2010, 03:47 PM
It always cracks me up when people are like, "hey yuns, get ready cause im about to split 0 180 0 0" and you receive 3pp.

And then no one is listening and no one splits and they are all like, "ok who didn't split." and no one cares because its just effing 18p.

guineapig
04-26-2010, 04:08 PM
"hey yuns, get ready

Let me guess, Pittsburgh? :)

No wait, in Pittsburgh it's yinz guys.

I have to know where they say yuns. Love learning about regional dialects.

nalkin
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Let me guess, Pittsburgh? :)

No wait, in Pittsburgh it's yinz guys.

I have to know where they say yuns. Love learning about regional dialects.

Good guess. Picked it up from the durty south.

Azureblaze
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
If you split outside the zone your group is in, in example /split 6 - all 6pp goes to you if no other group member is in the zone.

This a bug? :)

Seems like it should not allow you split in this instance but I could be wrong.

Rania
04-27-2010, 08:13 AM
not a bug mate, it will nly split with those in zone with you.

If you /splt 6 and there are only 5 of your in group it will split the 6 plat evenly (as in pp+GP), this is also not a bug :)

Tallenn
04-27-2010, 06:13 PM
We used to use /split all the time after a group run in Sebilis. We'd use a master looter, then when finished, port to WC or Butcher, sell to the merchant there, then /split all the proceeds. We'd also roll on all the good drops.

However, until I read this, I never knew you could use it to change your gold/silver/copper into platinum. Kinda sounds like a 'sploit, actually...

Reiker
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Yup, couldn't magically turn your copper/silver/gold into plat on live. Can on emu. Always been that way.