PDA

View Full Version : Question about P1999

Cebkix Darkbane
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Hello!

As I am sure 99% of everyone that comes to project 1999, I am an ex EQ player. I played at launch many many years ago and the prospect/idea of P1999 is very appealing to me. I have tried out some private shards here and there but a lot of the weird changes they do are a turn off for me.

Anyway, before I really invest any time into P1999 I did have one specific question. Are there any plans to ever expand the game to include AAs?

I really only started "loving" EQ when I was able to farm AAs to further my character.

sbvera13
02-20-2012, 12:09 PM
The plan is to stop the timeline at Dec 4th, 2001, before the launch of Luclin. So no AA's. I still recommend playing here, as the server still has the depth and adventure of old school EQ, before everything became trivial.

I'm hoping they're cave in a bit and start throwing minor tweaks and class balance in once the timeline is completed (programmers get bored, right?) but it's not planned.

Cebkix Darkbane
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
I understand. It's not a bad idea and the server is still somewhat appealing but I have to say that I would miss not being able to explore AAs and further my character after max level.

To be honest, there are so many things going on and even though it is free, trying to find yet another time sink is probably not the best idea especially if it's not going to be "what I am looking for" you know?

I mean there's literally thousands of games out there -- and while I will never be able to "re live" that magical experience that EQ brought me the first time I opened the box and explored the world, it might be fun to re-explore the world again.

webrunner5
02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
This game is suppose to stop at the Velious Expansion. Which is my favorite one in the game. But yeah, probably no AA's.

The biggest thing they need to do in this game is get rid of the Hybrid penalty. It is killing Tanks on here. Worse yet on Red.

Flunklesnarkin
02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Aren't there some servers with AA's and further expansions... every time i log in i see like 20+ different servers... might try one of those out if thats what you are looking for.

dhill89
02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
The biggest thing they need to do in this game is get rid of the Hybred penalty. It is killing Tanks on here.

This so much. Have there been talks about doing that at all?

webrunner5
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
This so much. Have there been talks about doing that at all?

I think the time line was like half way through Velious on live back in the day to get rid of it. But I think they need to move it up. Maybe not classic but neither is having no tanks classic either.

Raavak
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
I think the time line was like half way through Velious on live back in the day to get rid of it. But I think they need to move it up. Maybe not classic but neither is having no tanks classic either.And it was reasonably removed when they did. Hybrids pay a penalty in stats, skills, and such that the harsh exp penalty was extreme.

sbvera13
02-20-2012, 03:16 PM
And more to the point, are balanced in regards to each other reasonably well (or should be) regardless of any penalty. Except for troll and ikky regen and the ogre stun bit. That's kind of tough to work around in any other way. But that's racial and not class so not quite the same.

And totally dump the exp penalty. It hurts this server more then it hurt live because there's more min maxxers here then there was back in the day.

Flunklesnarkin
02-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Keep the penalty forever ;p

Nedala
02-21-2012, 04:59 AM
maybe op should check out eqmac. Its a classic to PoP server, its now free to play.

Cebkix Darkbane
02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
maybe op should check out eqmac. Its a classic to PoP server, its now free to play.

Yes, thank you very much Nedala. I am working on that now...just having some trouble figuring out how to get it installed. I actually have a MAC Mini that would be perfect for this, if I could just find out how to download it....lol

I actually have my old station account and everything.

I much prefer the idea of servers like P1999 especially with the way the community is tight knit, etc, but with the lack of AAs I would get bored the moment I got to max level. Grinding gear was never super fun for me, but grinding AAs was (for some reason, not sure why.)

RevengeofGio
02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Dunno why people hate the idea of AA's...

Honestly... certain classes finally came into their own with AA's.

Do I want hundreds of AA's? No. Do I like the idea of limited AA's help rangers with archery?... yes.

Is there any way we can add in AA's but limit it to a few?

Cebkix Darkbane
02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Dunno why people hate the idea of AA's...

Honestly... certain classes finally came into their own with AA's.

Do I want hundreds of AA's? No. Do I like the idea of limited AA's help rangers with archery?... yes.

Is there any way we can add in AA's but limit it to a few?

This.

If P1999 had this, I wouldn't even bother with EQMac for a half a heartbeat.

AAs provide that extra layer of fun that I yearned for after I got max level. They let me develop my character into what I really was instead of just being "max level" and not doing anything else other than grinding gear.