PDA

View Full Version : Shadowknight questions

gruumsh
04-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey all.

I've been growing my shadowknight and I've managed to get him to 26 (bout to ding 27).

I feel that my gear so far is pretty adequate for what I've been facing. I'm pretty much in all large bronze with some other randoms items thrown in. I still have a few gear holes to fill (such as shoulders, waist). For weapon I have been using the double bladed bone axe.

This gear has been serving me well, but I wanted to know if there were any other good upgrades at my level that I could camp/purchase? Is it even worth spending time/money upgrading gear or should I just wait until I can quest the darkforge armor?

The topic of quests brings up another point, are there any beneficial quests that an ogre SK should be doing in terms of gear or even faction, etc. for that matter?

Thanks for any help!

Xumosa
04-27-2010, 05:41 PM
you should be able to start questing for darkforge soon, id say start grouping in CT if groups are readily available and see if you can ninja some crusaders in your pulls :p but if you really want to fill those slots just get some simple bronze for now? its cheap and easy

Elendae
04-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm not well-versed in SKs, but I'm glad to see not all of them are alts. Keep at it. If I see you in game I'll try to lend a hand.

Mingo
04-28-2010, 03:21 AM
From 30 onward just keep forming CT groups and move to Archon 4c and pull as high up the ziggurat as you can. Get hp/ac gear that's cheap: 5/55 rings. Skull Shaped Barbute. Maybe hooded black cloak. Your best asset as a tank on this server you get at lvl 9 (disease cloud) so you dont really have to worry about a high aggro/dps weapon and can afford to just need roll for armor as you level.

As you hit mid-30s you can also form/join LGuk tower groups and need roll a Dark Reaver. Beyond that it's all Darkforge and Umbral. There is luckily, or unluckily, not much required to play a grouped SK tank. Find good healers and you will be groovy. SK's arent really Shadow Knights until lvl 30 when you can Feign Death and tap for 46, after that the game totally changes and becomes far more fun.

Good luck mate, Ogre SK is a wonderful primary. Best advice is to grind levels and camp gear later, keep a mind on $$ and save it for buying the pieces you dont want to be bothered camping.

girth
04-28-2010, 03:47 AM
From 30 onward just keep forming CT groups and move to Archon 4c and pull as high up the ziggurat as you can. Get hp/ac gear that's cheap: 5/55 rings. Skull Shaped Barbute. Maybe hooded black cloak. Your best asset as a tank on this server you get at lvl 9 (disease cloud) so you dont really have to worry about a high aggro/dps weapon and can afford to just need roll for armor as you level.

As you hit mid-30s you can also form/join LGuk tower groups and need roll a Dark Reaver. Beyond that it's all Darkforge and Umbral. There is luckily, or unluckily, not much required to play a grouped SK tank. Find good healers and you will be groovy. SK's arent really Shadow Knights until lvl 30 when you can Feign Death and tap for 46, after that the game totally changes and becomes far more fun.

Good luck mate, Ogre SK is a wonderful primary. Best advice is to grind levels and camp gear later, keep a mind on $$ and save it for buying the pieces you dont want to be bothered camping.

Damn I am hella glad I read this thread.

Baa
04-28-2010, 03:56 AM
Same here good to know!

All my tanks previously have been twinked, never really appreciated what it is like to be a SK in cloth armour!

Any good recommendations for a cheap 2HS weapon for say under 50pp? Didn't want to start a new thread right ontop of another SK thread so thought I would ask in here.

Brut
04-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Bone-bladed if anyone is selling one, magic and goes for anything below 50. Imma used one of em vendor-sold Halberds (some 24p price) before got anything magical.. They sell back to the vendor for just about the same as you paid for em.

gruumsh
04-28-2010, 12:07 PM
All these responses have been super helpful, thanks!

mgellan
04-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Shiny Brass Halberd off Hagnis Shralok in HPH is magic but heavy...

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 48
DMG: 16
WT: 15 Size: GIANT
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BER
Race: ALL

I logged on one day after a night at HPH still fully buffed at lvl 16 to find him at the zoneline just waiting for me :) I soloed him pretty easily, although procs from my PGT helped mitigate damage somewhat... I was astonished how easily actually, he was full health but someone may have debuffed the crap out of him before I got there...

Regards,
Mg

AR3151
04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Shiny Brass Halberd off Hagnis Shralok in HPH is magic but heavy...

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 48
DMG: 16
WT: 15 Size: GIANT
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BER
Race: ALL

I logged on one day after a night at HPH still fully buffed at lvl 16 to find him at the zoneline just waiting for me :) I soloed him pretty easily, although procs from my PGT helped mitigate damage somewhat... I was astonished how easily actually, he was full health but someone may have debuffed the crap out of him before I got there...

Regards,
Mg

i forgot about that, i got a couple of buddies who would want that.

hmmm

need to gain a few levels and we shall have to head over that way.

girth
04-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I have a Shiny Brass Halbard I would give away too, in the bank tho and I cannot bank in Highpass yet. Soon, very soon.