PDA

View Full Version : WTB an explanation of ppl leaving yet selling items

godbox
02-24-2012, 06:50 PM
title says it
wtf why leave and still try to get top plat prices?!?
although gg to the current prices with influx of items so good job on that at least
leavers>fungi farmers

Teeny
02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
This is just my own twist on it. I assume they feel that the server is stagnent, and it will be along time until Velious. So they are cashing their toons out, hoping that they won't need the plat, but if Velious does come out, they can buy whatever they want and come back. Kind of like an insurance policy. That's my guess tho at least from all this "ZOMG THE DEVS ON THIS SERVER HAVE GIVEN UP ON THE PROJECT" that i see on the forums here. They are probably going to play on Free EQ until something happens here.

Flunklesnarkin
02-24-2012, 07:10 PM
title says it
wtf why leave and still try to get top plat prices?!?
although gg to the current prices with influx of items so good job on that at least
leavers>fungi farmers

It would make sense if they planned to come back at some point.

Sell items now because they are only going to depreciate when / if more content comes out

and will depreciate as people farm up more of the items they have.

Either way nothing to lose if they never come back.

Jimes
02-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Come on you know the fucking reason.

Chippy
02-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Gives chance for new people to get up there and contest with content though so don't get too strung out over it!

This to the 3rd degree.

Clever
02-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Cashing out maybe? Chars draw attention, plat not so much.

skorge
02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
We all know it's in the rules to when you quit you just give all your plat/gear to the first noob who hails you, or you either throw it all on a level one rat or something and watch as the noob shits his pants when he loots it.

Yanomamo
02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
For anyone not getting the hint, it's because they're going to sell their platinum pieces for real world money.

Silentone
well lets see selling your toon so that you have plat when you come back to the game ...hmmmmmm why would you sell your toon when inflation makes the plat you hang on to worth almost nothing.
example a
60 character 1 year ago couldnt get more then 50 to 60k, now its like 250 to 300k plat. Explain to me why you would hang onto the plat as opposed to the character. Unless you really arent hanging onto the plat.. ill let you guys fill in the gaps.

Szeth
We all know it's in the rules to when you quit you just give all your plat/gear to the first noob who hails you, or you either throw it all on a level one rat or something and watch as the noob shits his pants when he loots it.

If mobs dropped items you gave to them I would have already done this.

Likely in some fucked up zone and then announce it.