PDA

View Full Version : Should I try to do Lambent Armor Quests?

mefdinkins
02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi,

On oldschool EQ, I fondly remember my lower level bard decked out in full lambent. My main was a druid, so I ported around and solo'ed pretty much all the stuff on and off to gear up my bard without too much trouble, but damn he looked sexy.

I am new here and my main is a bard, is it worth my time to try to complete the set on my own? Throughout the appropriate levels, if so when should I start/try to work on them - 25-35? (ei: not soloing it as a 50+)? Or is it a waste of time?

When I played on original EQ, I would spend days and days on low level quests but now I think straight leveling is a better way to spend my time initially. Would it be a waste of time trying to complete a lambent set, or could I pursue lambent seamlessly while also leveling?
TLDR: Is the time spent completing the Lambent set, worth it when my main goal is leveling.

Thanks,
Looch

Barkingturtle
02-26-2012, 12:05 PM
TLDR: Is the time spent completing the Lambent set, worth it when my main goal is leveling.

Short answer: No. Just get a horn and level.

Longer, more heartfelt answer: Do what's more fun.

Guess that answer was actually shorter. Whoda thunk.

kawing168
02-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm not a bard,i'm pal and i did my RO armor.
I think it require 35-40 to solo some of the quest mob,but you can do them with some 3x lv friend.
And yes it will take a lot of time ( took me about a week to get the glove/leg/feet/vambracer/chest..and lot of faction for them)
But i think the best part in this game..is the quest,camping quest mob and travel all around the classic map with your friend.
If you feel the same, do it =)

mefdinkins
02-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I'm only level 6 haha, I think I'll just focus on leveling and re-evaluate once I get to the appropriate levels.

In every game that I've played since EQ (wow) it hasn't even been worth my time to try to get gear until max level because when you hit max lvl (after like a week played) you can get so much better endgame better stuff immediately, so I guess I need to adjust back to EQ and acknowledge the fact that an item can be good for you a long time (many levels) and that my only goal shouldn't be max level. Even though I am in a rush to hit 50 so then I can do some of the stuff I enjoyed/miss most.

Thanks for your help guys!

- Looch, bard of the 6th note.

godbox
02-27-2012, 01:03 PM
the way u talk about playing sounds like alot of work.
Im firmly in the do whats fun camp when I log to grind i frequently move camps to kill stuff thats more fun currently camped in oasis hunting sand giants and specs if i cant find any SG.
hunting sand giants good exp/money or spawn with some set place? fuck no but it sure is fun to wittle that big health bar down on a giant monster (with probly the best/worst model ever placed in a mmo)