02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
What faction is required for this?

Ally? Amiable? Max ally?

Thx

Flunklesnarkin
02-28-2012, 05:58 PM
It's not amiably... and ally isn't available on P99

It's either kindly or warmly.

I remember hailing Camlend Serbold and i wasn't able to get the quest dialogues at amiably.

I turned in a dozen or so more moonstones and ended up at warmly. So warmly faction is for sure good.. only question is if kindly faction is.

Here's a link to the quest page

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Aegis_of_Life_Quest

can update if you figure out what the correct faction hit is or leave a note on the discussion section.

Angkar
02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
k, thx for the info. I'll have to go AE some gnolls it looks like, dont want to chance the turn in for Aegis.

Flunklesnarkin
02-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Moonstones are usually much faster to build faction.

Can buy them by the hundreds on merchants in qeynos.. most people do the gnoll fang quest.. then just npc the moonstone.

Buy them all up and turn them in.. they are only a few silver each... saves you time.. and im sure you can farm up a few silver doing something else faster ;p

Angkar
02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Heh, might not have the faction to buy them... dark elf. But if I can find a vendor full of them, that is the route I'll go.

Anyway to find out for certain if faction is high enough to do turnin and the NPC not eat my mats?

Really dont want to recamp Grimrot. Lol

Zereh
02-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Hail Camlend in Qeynos, if he bows to you in response, your faction is fine to do the turn-ins to him to complete the quest.

Lots of info buried in here. (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23486) Also, patch notes (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21372&highlight=aegis+life) that show where the change to Camlend was made.

Angkar
02-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Zereh, I remember your name from reading all the Grimrot threads.

Will do that as a check.

Thx for the help guys.

Calabee
02-28-2012, 11:13 PM
it's warmly

mreynert
02-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Just max it, doesn't take long turning in bone chips/gold to Lashun or farming a few fangs and turning in moonstones.

Believe it's high levels into warmly, low warmly won't work. Kindly will always work IIRC.

Did it on Dark Elf Cleric at lvl 14 (with help killing Grimrot of course and factioning in Qeynos via charm and such).

Rejuvenation
02-29-2012, 11:18 PM
The suggestion I can give to any Dark Elves is to just kill all of the skeletons at the Grimrot camp every time they spawn (6 minutes). By the time you have both pieces you should be fine faction-wise.

Also there is a quest for the guy who wanders outside of qeynos, where you can give him about 6 silver or so to raise the paladin guild faction.

Qeynos likes me more than Neriak.

Flunklesnarkin
03-01-2012, 12:56 AM
The suggestion I can give to any Dark Elves is to just kill all of the skeletons at the Grimrot camp every time they spawn (6 minutes). By the time you have both pieces you should be fine faction-wise.

Also there is a quest for the guy who wanders outside of qeynos, where you can give him about 6 silver or so to raise the paladin guild faction.

Qeynos likes me more than Neriak.

Neriak wasn't too bad.. i went from scowling to warmly with about 200 lightstones without any fancy sneak or FD tricks or gimmicks.