PDA

View Full Version : New Player Looking For Help

RelivingNorrath
02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey Project 1999!

After playing on P99 extensively a year and a half ago, I have decided to come back and relive the world of Norrath yet again and I am very excited to be back! I am amazed at the work that has gone into this server and I am so thankful that it exists!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I wanted to extend a request to anyone who would be willing to help a brand new cleric with some platinum and/or any spare equipment you would be willing to pay forward to help. I figure PM's would be the best way to do this, so if you are willing to give a hand, please PM me and let me know.

I humbly appreciate any assitance and looking forward to being with you all in game.

RelivingNorrath

Flunklesnarkin
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
I got some random banded armor in my bank in freeport if you want it.

send me a tell in game flunklesnarkin

probably be on in half an hour or so.

Labyrrinth
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey Project 1999!

After playing on P99 extensively a year and a half ago,

What did you do with the char you played a year and a half ago?

RelivingNorrath
02-29-2012, 03:16 PM
When I quit a year and a half ago I decided to delete the characters I had on my account as a way to convince myself I needed to retire from EQ entirely by removing any impetus to return. My history with EQ has been passionate (started playing in 1999 originally and have never had a gaming experience like it, amazing) and when I found P99 back then I hit it HARD. Was so excited to be experiencing everything again and burned my cleric up to 50 (name was Tasrin, dark elf).

But real life crit me a few times in ways it wasn't doing back in 1999, and life pressures made it really hard to keep playing at the pace I wanted to, so in an effort to seal EQ up once and for all, I gave all my gear to a random lowbie in the EC tunnel and deleted every character I had.

Fast forward to now, the passion has come full circle again and I'm back. In some ways I regret my decision to delete my chars, and in some ways I'm thankful for a fully fresh go around.

So, this thread is just trying to muster up some help here at the beginning to make the early levels go by a little easier/faster. I'm not going to bump this thread really because I don't want to come across as begging/mooching, just thought I'd throw it out there and see what kind of help I could get. Thanks again guys.

Labyrrinth
02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Post your char name, I'll look for you when I get online :)

RelivingNorrath
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
For sure!

Name is Greybane, level 8 Dwarf Cleric :)

Sigmar
03-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm not going to bump this thread really because I don't want to come across as begging/mooching,

Damage has been done, this whole thread is 1 giant begging attempt. Start over like everyone else.

Vaderman
03-01-2012, 01:24 PM
lol he needs the gear. I think he only had a few rags on tuesday night. I just started last week and I was lucky enough to be randomly handed a full set of banded at level 3. When I first started playing EQ i was given a few plat and some banded by a RL friend. So it's nice to have that happen again.

It's certainly not impossible to play with no gear at the noob levels, but it helps tremendously when noobs get a leg up. Probably healthier for the server and community too.

deadreaver777
03-01-2012, 02:23 PM
So you're not really a noob then... you chose to delete a high level character, and give away your plat & armor, and now you want to beg people to compensate for that. I understand why you deleted your chars, but at that point, earn stuff like the rest of us, eventually you will come across people that will take notice of your nakedness and help you out anyway, without you having to put a stain on your reputation via begging.

Gamkek
03-05-2012, 03:19 PM
ITT: Enormous dicks.

It's not like the guy is asking to be powerleveled to 50 or something like that. Just a few plat or some shitty weapon or armor some higher level player would probably vendor. If you don't want to help him just move on - no need to take a dump in the thread.

fischsemmel
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM
No one is being a dick. Dude's a cleric. It's not like he needs gear until he's raiding.