PDA

View Full Version : Bug in character creation?

stormlord
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I tried making a halfling paladin on the pvp server and on p1999 and both times it said "Zone is not available." Sometimes it says "You have been disconnected." It says "Tutorial zone." below the name when I select the character. After initial creation, everytime I try to enter world it says "Zone is not available." What's going on? Additonally, the Back and Help and Next button stop working after a while and I have ot hit escape and restart the client. It has me stumped. Never seen this before.

Could it be that the name already exists but the client isn't reporting it to me?

I made a human/ranger on p1999 without hitch. But when I made a halfling/ranger with the same name (after deleting the old one) it said "You have been disconnected." after clicking Next.

Grozmok
03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I assume it's because Halfling Paladins were not added until after Velious?

stormlord
03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I assume it's because Halfling Paladins were not added until after Velious?
I'm getting the same problem with halfling/ranger.

It says, "You have been disconnected," after clicking Next.

Kender
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
same deal. no halfling rangers

happyhappy
03-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Halfling and Gnome hybrids weren't in the game until luclin, that's why you cannot play one here, the option to create is there but they prevent you from logging into the world with it.

keen
03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Wow.

Grozmok
03-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Every time you roll a halfling, God kills a kitten.

stormlord
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks. I didn't know. Really. Before I tried, I did see on the wiki that paladins couldn't be halflings. I just assumed that the Project 1999 wiki was wrong and not up to date.

Can they edit the client so it gives an error like when you click on a unavailable race?

Gert Groinwounder
03-02-2012, 05:12 PM
I ran in to this a while back trying to create an assling ranger. Guess you learn something new every day...lol...