PDA

View Full Version : WOW Vs. Everquest

kungfuhippy
03-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I am sorry for saying this but we all have been play Everquest
for 14 years and things do get older.
I am and you ready for changes! So let there BE change
WOW (world of warcarft) is has been free now to play and I highly say play it particulariy because it is like Everquest but i and most any others do enjoy the the improvement in which the devs have produced.

For a player who :D :D:D to PVP, there are PVP servers just as like VALON ZEK or SULUN ZEK ad others which my brain has forgot. :confused:

ok hope to seeing you there my fellow Northians.

Feathermoon Allianse (Shugar Shuggs 60 war/hum)

Casey
03-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Sashay off my property, where I hold my Kias.

kungfuhippy
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM

i am confused LOL!

Scavrefamn
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
It's the antithesis to EQ.

WoW took aspects of DaoC, EQ and Lineage 2 and mashed them together, turning the difficult/challenge of all of it WAYYYYY down.

Basically, WoW is trash and ruined the MMO genre when it turned it into mainstream garbage.

- Solo all the way to max level with ease? yes.
- Penalty on dying/failure? nope.
- Travel everywhere quickly? absolutely.
- Rape all of the lore of the franchise it is based on? 100%

I'm embarrassed to say I've played it. It was a joke of a game and I couldn't play it very long...

kungfuhippy
03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
It's the antithesis to EQ.

WoW took aspects of DaoC, EQ and Lineage 2 and mashed them together, turning the difficult/challenge of all of it WAYYYYY down.

Basically, WoW is trash and ruined the MMO genre when it turned it into mainstream garbage.

- Solo all the way to max level with ease? yes.
- Penalty on dying/failure? nope.
- Travel everywhere quickly? absolutely.
- Rape all of the lore of the franchise it is based on? 100%

I'm embarrassed to say I've played it. It was a joke of a game and I couldn't play it very long...

oh pease you are trying to be the hipster:(

Scavrefamn
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
oh pease you are trying to be the hipster

Do you even know what that means?

Epic fail.

Sektor
03-01-2012, 10:36 PM

ROFL

Flunklesnarkin
03-01-2012, 11:00 PM
eq2 has its moments.. its a very solo casual mmo

for the type of players who can only log on maybe an hour a day at most.

virtue64
03-01-2012, 11:08 PM

simply amazing.

kungfuhippy
03-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Do you even know what that means?

Epic fail.

not reallt to be honest1:p

SyanideGas
03-01-2012, 11:54 PM
12 year old kids who dunno how to play their class....CHECK!

Ikonoclastia
03-02-2012, 07:12 AM
WoW and Maccas, cheap and nasty, but extremely popular with the masses.

Mystro
03-02-2012, 08:33 AM
WoW was ok... But just way to easy, and they pushed that game WAY to far on live..

But I must say, them old skool 40man MC/BWL raids were fun!.

Alkorin
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
40 man Naxxramas was where it was at, before they dumbed it down and made it doable by 10 complete scrubs.

Fultun
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I am sorry for saying this but we all have been play Everquest
for 14 years and things do get older.

13 years at best

I am and you ready for changes!

Glad you know what I want, because I didn't know that. So glad you're here to tell me, thanks.

So let there BE change
WOW (world of warcarft) is has been free now to play and I highly say play it particulariy because it is like Everquest but i and most any others do enjoy the the improvement in which the devs have produced.

The only similarity between WoW and EQ is they are both online to play. I played WoW for 3-4 years, and will admit I enjoyed playing, mainly because of the people I played with which was my old guild from EQ.

I tired of WoW and it's "work ethic". No longer could I play my class as I felt it needed to be played for my tastes, but I was expected to play my class according to a certain class guide or I could not join in on raids. :/

For a player who :D :D:D to PVP, there are PVP servers just as like VALON ZEK or SULUN ZEK ad others which my brain has forgot. :confused:

Many don't care for PvP, but it was one aspect of WoW I did enjoy when I got bored running around doing nothing for hours.

ok hope to seeing you there my fellow Northians.

Feathermoon Allianse (Shugar Shuggs 60 war/hum)

Thanks for the invite, but I won't be going although you have already informed me I am ready for change. :)

eqravenprince
03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't like the cartoony look of wow. EQ with blocky polygons and all still looks better. Plus WoW is too damn easy.

EQ Elephant
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id3306.png

WoW Elephant
http://spriteskeeper.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/2008/04/23/purple_elephant.jpg

EQ Bear
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id1872.png

Wow Bear
http://images.mmosite.com/photo/2008/09/15/wows156_a86O3721l4W.jpg

Autotune
03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
40man WoW classic raids > all

(even AQ40 as much as I hated that bug infested place)

Swish
03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Vanilla WoW PvP is to date the best PvP experience I've had. Could care less about the raids, EQ raids were in my mind a lot more fun.

Arenas might have given PvPers some focus in WoW but the old rank grind system was where it was at for me :)

Phased
03-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Lets be serious, MC was a snoozefest. Black Temple and Icecrown, fun the first time through because you're killing Illidan/Arthas but after the WC3 novelty wears off it sucks.

Naxxramas might be one of the best raid instances ever designed. But I think Karazhan might be the most fun I've ever had in WoW. 10-mans can't afford much dead weight and it's easy to tell who sucks.

Run away little girl, run away!

fischsemmel
03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I tired of WoW and it's "work ethic". No longer could I play my class as I felt it needed to be played for my tastes, but I was expected to play my class according to a certain class guide or I could not join in on raids. :/

Yeah, cause you'll totally get invited to EQ raids as a dps cleric or a rogue who fights toe-to-toe and face-to-face because you like to RP a tough guy, etc. Am I right?

Rusl
Vanilla WoW PvP is to date the best PvP experience I've had. Could care less about the raids, EQ raids were in my mind a lot more fun.

Arenas might have given PvPers some focus in WoW but the old rank grind system was where it was at for me :)

This, especially if you didn't rotate the high warlord status on your server and truly had to earn it. Fun times indeed

Diggles
hardmode ICC was the best!

also, play EVE GUIESE IT'S SUPAR HARD

Phased
03-02-2012, 12:50 PM

This!
Grand Marshal human warrior represent. Lots of sleep lost those 3 weeks between 13 and 14.

Diggles
03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I feel like if they kept keying in as a feature and maybe made normals a little more difficult, they would have held onto more people. Cataclysm was just ridiculously easy. My friend, who was in an absolutely terrible guild, cleared half of the 4.3 raid in 2 hours with no wipes on launch night.

My guild died after the guild leader transferred off server with Shadowmourne so I kinda quit around then.

Holey
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
i played eq had a life
i quit eq i went to wow
i played wow had no life
i quit wow to get a life
now im back to square one.