PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Bone Mask

bounky47
03-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Apparently one of those "undiscovered" quests, has anyone actually attempted to get it? I'm in the middle of collecting all the pieces and would hate to find out after that it just doesn't exist. I'd post a link to the couple of pages i found info of it on but I'm in the middle of commuting.

All the item collecting takes place in kurns if that helps. Also I tried to dig up a post on it from these forums but no matter what I tried I couldnt view it. Apparently it was in the old kunark bug forums.

Ikonoclastia
03-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Mite be wrong but from what I have gathered if it didnt appear in live probably wont here. Apparantly eq dev post stated that there were around 10 thousand items that were never discovered on live. They most likely are not gonna be in either.

bounky47
03-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Well the quest if it does exist, was definitely on live. All the quest items are there, and they serve no purpose other than what can only be a quest like this. There also is a note that drops in kurns with what's needed. Please, I'm looking for people who can help me dig for proof of its existence or people that know first hand.

I also intend to do the wiki page on it once I'm "finished".

ardikus
03-05-2012, 08:15 AM
10,000 undiscovered items? You'd think they would have been datamined by now...

Alkorin
03-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Data mining won't help you discover their purpose. Some quests are unfinished, some are broken, some just aren't obvious at all.

Phased
03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
That number's a bit off.

EverQuest has more than 15,000 quests, 3,000 items were never discovered. There's also more than 11,000 rats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPP3kgcZvUk

Ikonoclastia
03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Well the quest if it does exist, was definitely on live. All the quest items are there, and they serve no purpose other than what can only be a quest like this. There also is a note that drops in kurns with what's needed. Please, I'm looking for people who can help me dig for proof of its existence or people that know first hand.

I also intend to do the wiki page on it once I'm "finished".
Yeah I know it was. If its the one I'm thinking of you had to get a box and combine objects in it but there was one object that was never discovered, or was bugged and never dropped.

What I'm saying is if that item never dropped or was discovered, then for P1999 to have the working quest, the devs here would have to substitute the missing item to get the quest to complete or they'd have to have internal knowledge of the actual item that was supposed to be used, from Sony which is doubtful.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but I think thats how it works.

bounky47
03-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah I know it was. If its the one I'm thinking of you had to get a box and combine objects in it but there was one object that was never discovered, or was bugged and never dropped.

What I'm saying is if that item never dropped or was discovered, then for P1999 to have the working quest, the devs here would have to substitute the missing item to get the quest to complete or they'd have to have internal knowledge of the actual item that was supposed to be used, from Sony which is doubtful.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but I think thats how it works.

The problem here is the fact that the many unreliable but nevertheless only sources report that all the items for the quest are known. Also, from previous characters I had in kurns, I've seen all items drop except the glowing mask. This is mainly because I never saw the skeletal cook, and as of now I've only seen him twice while camping the spawn for 10 hours.

I understand that some quests just can't be done, especially when its reiterated so many times. The point of the thread was for maybe other people with interest to help with some research; not to keep reminding me that's there's a chance its not possible.