PDA

View Full Version : Need help in Highhold Pass

Ikonoclastia
03-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Hi,

I got killed in Highhold Pass, trying to make it to EC. Tried a few times to get back but I'm going to delevel so if anyone is able to ress me and help me get through to Kith I can give you 2 HQ Bear Skins, all I have at the moment :)

Thanks

Ikonoclastia
03-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Managed to get back to the pass, so don't need a res, still can't get pass gnolls though.

Phew, I hate High Pass... Got my body heh

kak_vander
03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
What race are you? HHP is the hardest route across the world. Mind you its the fastest, but if you are under 20's or don't have invis its down right impossible.

eqravenprince
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Might try going through Gorge, Runnyeye, Misty Thicket, and Rivervale instead. That's what I usually do when I am low level and wanting to get to the other side. You should be able to avoid most all of the mobs in Gorge by hugging the right wall, might get a Goblin at the end near Runnyeye. Then Runnyeye is the toughest, but the mobs are lower level than the gnolls and orcs in HighPass. You'll just have to make a mad dash, hug the left wall. Once you make it to Misty Thicket, fairly easy to navigate, but still mobs that can kill you. Oh and getting through Kith is easy, just hug the left wall coming out of Rivervale, or if you want to play it ultra safe get a bind in Rivervale first, then wait until daytime

I should ask what level you are, might be pretty tough if you doing this at level 1. I've done this at level 5+ plenty of times though.

Scavrefamn
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Highpass Hold*

Ikonoclastia
03-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Might try going through Gorge, Runnyeye, Misty Thicket, and Rivervale instead. That's what I usually do when I am low level and wanting to get to the other side. You should be able to avoid most all of the mobs in Gorge by hugging the right wall, might get a Goblin at the end near Runnyeye. Then Runnyeye is the toughest, but the mobs are lower level than the gnolls and orcs in HighPass. You'll just have to make a mad dash, hug the left wall. Once you make it to Misty Thicket, fairly easy to navigate, but still mobs that can kill you. Oh and getting through Kith is easy, just hug the left wall coming out of Rivervale, or if you want to play it ultra safe get a bind in Rivervale first, then wait until daytime

I should ask what level you are, might be pretty tough if you doing this at level 1. I've done this at level 5+ plenty of times though.

Hey, thanks for reply. Lol I'm level 12 but I'm a ranger in scraps. I actually made it pass the stupid gnolls and then got lost and jumped by some red bandits. Stupid guards in HHK didn't aggro them.

I didn't realise there was an alternate route lol, I was a darkelf on Live, although I did have a ranger but I PL her and twinked her out so I never really explored the "good" side of EQ at low level :)

Thanks for the tips

Messianic
03-09-2012, 09:07 AM
If anyone needs a ride out of somewhere...just send me a PM or message me on any of my chars below.

However, my *strong* recommendation is to stick with BB/EF/WK - those are some of the best hunting areas around, and they have so much EQ character infused into them.

I really think the original devs put a lot less effort into developing the Freeport side of Antonica than the Qeynos side or even the Faydwer noob areas.

I grew up in Crushbone - I absolutely loved it. So much EQ character.

Ikonoclastia
03-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah I agree, Everfrost is my zone now, Halas is cool (no pun intended)... but had to go to EC to sell my pelts n silks which I why I went through HKP... went through runnyeye / gorge the way back lol, lucky had a SoW ;)

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Some times high level people go there to exp.. maybe can get them to clear a path for you.

or bum an invisible off somebody.

This item is pretty awesome too.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Larrikan%27s_Mask

Larrikan's mask is 10 charge clicky invis (i don't know if it has a level limit though)

and when its empty can recharge it fairly cheaply.

Ikonoclastia
03-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Yeah I'm an aussie so I play at off peak times, sometimes hard to get help however I monk inadvertently cleared the way for me.

That mask is really sweet, hows it recharged, you need 2 masks and recharge at the vendor?