PDA

View Full Version : A little publicity for Project 1999

trollitc
03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey folks,

Still loving my time in game! A huge thanks to everyone who volunteers to keep this project up and running!

I had recently spoken with Rogean about doing a quick piece on Project 1999 and got the go ahead to do it.

I've put up a post on my site, Troll in the Corner (http://trollitc.com/2012/03/tonight-im-gonna-game-like-its-1999-on-project-1999s-everquest-server/). We get between 55k and 60k readers a month, so this could bring a little publicity to the project and perhaps some new players. Even if it doesn't, consider it my love letter to EQ back in the day, even when back in the day is today.

Also, apologies in advance for the bad Prince pun.

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 02:04 PM
nice

if you find even a couple people who wanted to try classic everquest but didn't know about P99 it will be worth it.

trollitc
03-09-2012, 02:12 PM
That's what I'm thinking!

Slave
03-09-2012, 02:24 PM
What is an MMORGP?

Fuck man, first paragraph, come on.

trollitc
03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks Slave, for pointing that out. Feel free to point out any further grammatical or spelling errors as well.

Slave
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Sure, since you asked nicely. Welcome to the server dude, great to have you!

*fresh-faced
*I'd ever gone head over heels
*Project 99 is actually THE largest EQEmu server by huge margin.
*in all its 1999 glory
*I can't recommend it highly enough!
*has been very friendly and helpful
*consistent capitalization or not of classes, ie "Druid, monk"

Also that Shadows of Luclin box makes me leery. We only go up to Velious.

trollitc
03-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Excellent! Edited and updated.

Sucks trying to get out an article while at work on your lunch break. :)

The Luclin box is post-project 1999, true. But it's the best shot I could find, and comes right from the project1999 facebook group.

Slave
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Excellent! Edited and updated.

Sucks trying to get out an article while at work on your lunch break. :)

The Luclin box is post-project 1999, true. But it's the best shot I could find, and comes right from the project1999 facebook group.

You'll find those who believe that Luclin was not the end of Classic EverQuest. I still don't know which camp I'm in to be honest, after like 3 years of Live and 3 years of Emu. I mean it used to bring my computer to truly Michael J. Foxian levels of seizures and still does, there was a metric ton of shitty ideas, and yet there are still things I support from SoL like the Bazaar mechanic. It's just a nearly essential modern update in my opinion.

trollitc
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm trying hard to remember if I played Luclin back when it was a new expansion... I honestly can't remember.

The cover looks horribly familiar though. It's been so long and I've only been back into it for a week now.

Danyelle
03-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Luclin had Space Cats with surprisingly sexy hips/breast ratios. It also caused the most analrage over an expansion in Everquest prior to GoD. It's difficult to forget playing that expansion ;P

Personally I, as someone here said, don't think Classic died until PoP. I feel Luclin was still a part of it. In fact there are only three things in Luclin that felt different than Classic. Bazaar, AAs, The new Graphics. Everything else was still untouched at the time. Hell it still used the Classic UI. I started EQ 2 months after release in 1999 and I still have very vivid and awesome memories of EQ up through Luclin. But that's just my opinion and I catch slack on here for having it as it is :P lol

Anesthia
03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I still see "in all it's glory" on the page.

Should be "in all its glory."

its = possessive adjective
it's = the contraction "it is"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possessive_adjective#.22Possessive_adjectives.22_i n_English

oldfish
03-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Luclin had Space Cats with surprisingly sexy hips/breast ratios. It also caused the most analrage over an expansion in Everquest prior to GoD. It's difficult to forget playing that expansion ;P

Personally I, as someone here said, don't think Classic died until PoP. I feel Luclin was still a part of it. In fact there are only three things in Luclin that felt different than Classic. Bazaar, AAs, The new Graphics. Everything else was still untouched at the time. Hell it still used the Classic UI. I started EQ 2 months after release in 1999 and I still have very vivid and awesome memories of EQ up through Luclin. But that's just my opinion and I catch slack on here for having it as it is :P lol

One of my first experiences with Luclin was porting in as a wiz and getting owned and dying to a mob called "wolf". I though that was pretty imaginative... ahem.

Grozmok
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome. Thanks for doing this! Without players, this server will not exist. (Just look at red p99)

Also, classic ended with Velious. It was all downhill after that. ^_^

sbvera13
03-09-2012, 05:46 PM
My idea of"Classic EQ", like my original Live subscription did, died courtesy of Luclin. That's purely and completely coincidental of course.

Danyelle
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
I just wanna say that even though we disagree on Space Cats have DEM HIPS, that I still love each and every one of you <3

Grozmok
03-09-2012, 07:09 PM
^

We get it. You are in favor of Luclin. That's not what p99 is about.

Just sayin'.

:rolleyes:

Thana8088
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Nicely done, Toetagger. :)

Ikonoclastia
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM

Luclin gave me probably my most memorable moment in EQ. I was a dark elf enchanter, probably 20 level and had to run from Nek to the spires. Was extremely fun and adventurous to do it for the first time. Waiting at spires, constantly invised, not knowing what to expect. The lag was bloody aweful.

First time I zoned into that zone off Nexus, has the swarm caller alien looking things was so cool. The sounds they added, dark theme and those bloody creepy mobs was just awesome.

I consider Luclin, part of original. PoP was imo, when EQ went to crap.