PDA

View Full Version : Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap (SPOILER)

Hasbinbad
04-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Seen too many jerks trying to rip people off for hard earned cash. 3500pp guys? Seriously?

This quest is stupid easy.

Obtain:
Shark Skin
Grizzly Bear Skin (NOT the Thick Grizzly Bear Skin as noted on alla)
Polar Bear Skin
Alligator Skin
Dragoon Dirk

To obtain Shark Skin:
Go to OOT with a ranger or druid friend and track sharks just off the TL dock. Several other places, but this seems to be the best fishing (sharking?) hole.

To obtain Grizzly Bear Skin:
Go to NK and run big circles around the gypsy camp, killing all grizzlies you find. Skin is a rare drop, but kill ~20 grizzlies and you should get at least one (fast repop).

To obtain Polar Bear Skin:
Go to Everfrost.. duuuuuhhhh

To obtain Alligator Skin:
Go to Innothule and kill alligators, bull or otherwise.

To obtain Dragoon Dirk:
Go to Crushbone and kill D'Vinn, or go to SRo and kill Dorn. I believe the Dragoons in Nektulos and West Commons should drop DDirks as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that on p99.

Go to Rivervale bank, go upstairs and give the skins to Marshall Anrey to receive a preliminary cap. Give that cap back to him along with a Dragoon Dirk and receive Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap.

Enjoy instaclick-from-inventory gate to WC (am petitioning the recharge method now, as it does not exactly conform to the recharge method used on live, according to a reliable source).

Great noob head item for a lingling rogue.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1425

Virtuosos
04-30-2010, 01:49 PM
just saw some1 shout in EC that he was selling for 2500

i applauded to make him feel better

Hasbinbad
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
just saw some1 shout in EC that he was selling for 2500
Some people just have no class.

Nocte
04-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for this.

km2783
04-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for this! That IS easy to get.

Does the Marshal tell you how to recharge? I have no idea how to. Never had one back in the day.

Pheer
04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
bought mine for 1k, didnt feel like running my fat ass around the world to get one

Shannacore
04-30-2010, 03:12 PM
bought mine for 1k, didnt feel like running my fat ass around the world to get one

:eek:

FatMagic
04-30-2010, 03:30 PM
I thought you could recharge it by handing it back into him or something? Very fuzzy memory on that.... so don't quote me on it.

JayFiveAlive
04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Didn't think you could recharge in classic days?

Shyguy McFly
04-30-2010, 04:05 PM
I remember the alligator skin to be a pain in the ass to get on live. I killed so many bull alligators before a skin dropped.

mitic
04-30-2010, 04:59 PM
to start with, why are they rechargeable??

besides that...if this item is realy rechargeable the way i heard then every single item in game with charges is too.

Pheer
04-30-2010, 05:35 PM
:eek:

wat

Pheer
04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
to start with, why are they rechargeable??

besides that...if this item is realy rechargeable the way i heard then every single item in game with charges is too.

i cant think of many with a useful enough effect that itd be worth doing it

most things with a really useful effect are either no drop or consumable, so its not that big of a deal imo

Lonedrahon25
04-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Just sell it to a vendor and buy it back - recharged.

iamjack
05-18-2010, 05:12 AM
nerfed =(

guineapig
05-18-2010, 07:44 AM
I knew this was coming.

Cheech
05-18-2010, 07:45 AM
me as well i never bought or did the quest.

Omnimorph
05-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Bah. I only bought mine like 2 or 3 weeks ago. used ti like 4 times :@

LazyFuj
05-18-2010, 09:59 AM
blame all the ppl that were selling it.

Tallenn
05-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Actually, blame the server paradigm. I'm pretty sure it was nerfed because it was nerfed in classic. Just like Mistwalker, just like mossy covered twig will be.

mitic
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Didn't think you could recharge in classic days?

its in fact a well known exploit, wondering myself why nothing is done against it.

since u can recharge this item, you can recharge anything...was about time to get rid of this!

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Actually, blame the server paradigm. I'm pretty sure it was nerfed because it was nerfed in classic. Just like Mistwalker, just like mossy covered twig will be.

Not really. In classic, it worked differently. You had to sell one item with full charges and then your empty ones before buying them back... so it wouldn't work on lore items unless you got multiple people to sell and buy back at the same time. So, it never worked on this server the same was as it did in live. Also, this recharging method was not nerfed until sometime after Luclin, in PoP maybe? I remember using it to recharge swollen fungusbeast glands (the right click from inventory snare item from FG).

Reiker
05-18-2010, 01:17 PM
To obtain Dragoon Dirk:
Go to Crushbone and kill D'Vinn, or go to SRo and kill Dorn. I believe the Dragoons in Nektulos and West Commons should drop DDirks as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that on p99.

Don't know if someone mentioned this yet or not but in Oggok there's a dark elf that spawns every night with a 100% drop rate on dragoon dirks. In the room just below 2 on this map:

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/images/oggok.jpg

Made pretty good money off those in the first few months of the emu and then just started giving them away / vendoring them. Looted dozens while farming guards.

Gibcarver
12-28-2010, 04:22 AM
I remember recharging skullcap atleast through vellius have one person with the cap on thier alt with its charge sell the alts then everyone who wants to recharge and they will all buy back full

Acillatem
12-28-2010, 09:19 AM
I didn't think you could recharge "Lore" items becuz the process of recharging involved "stacking" uncharged items with a charged item?

Non-Lore items could be vendor re-charged however.

TJHooker
12-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I tried to sell one for like 500g and nobody bought it... The quest is easy but it still takes some time depending on luck, the shark skins can be a pain in the ass. The alligator skins are really easy now.

Nyze
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Awesome, thanks man.

tekniq
03-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I believe the Dragoons in Nektulos and West Commons should drop DDirks as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that on p99.

Confirmed. Just go invis and walk up to the ones on the bridge and see if they're wielding a dagger. If so, then grats or pay 25pp in ec to get one.

RahlaeRuffian
03-31-2012, 09:44 AM
I made my money off this quest in my early days...I sold them for like 900p each time, but 3.5k is ridiculous. However, for those that can use it, if it truly is rechargeable, its definitely worth the regular going price.

Messianic
03-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Seen too many jerks trying to rip people off for hard earned cash. 3500pp guys? Seriously?

This quest is stupid easy.

Obtain:
Shark Skin
Grizzly Bear Skin (NOT the Thick Grizzly Bear Skin as noted on alla)
Polar Bear Skin
Alligator Skin
Dragoon Dirk

To obtain Shark Skin:
Go to OOT with a ranger or druid friend and track sharks just off the TL dock. Several other places, but this seems to be the best fishing (sharking?) hole.

To obtain Grizzly Bear Skin:
Go to NK and run big circles around the gypsy camp, killing all grizzlies you find. Skin is a rare drop, but kill ~20 grizzlies and you should get at least one (fast repop).

To obtain Polar Bear Skin:
Go to Everfrost.. duuuuuhhhh

To obtain Alligator Skin:
Go to Innothule and kill alligators, bull or otherwise.

To obtain Dragoon Dirk:

Go to Rivervale bank, go upstairs and give the skins to Marshall Anrey to receive a preliminary cap. Give that cap back to him along with a Dragoon Dirk and receive Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap.

Enjoy instaclick-from-inventory gate to WC (am petitioning the recharge method now, as it does not exactly conform to the recharge method used on live, according to a reliable source).

Great noob head item for a lingling rogue.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1425

A+ Necro