PDA

View Full Version : Going LD much more while zoning

Uaellaen
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Sooo .. i noticed that i am going Linkdead ALOT recently ...

since the patch last saturday

Rogean: Put code limits on how many packets are handled per player per server iteration. This shouldn't cause any noticable lag unless you are Macroquest McMatty and enjoy spamming the server. Yes, we noticed.

and its not only me, on raids people go LD more regulary while zoning / beeing rezed ...

so im wondering, if its only me that feels that way? I never went LD Zoning or anything else before this patch, but now, every 2cond ~3rd zoning i will go LD ... my EQ will just keep zoning for 10+ minutes without ever getting back in the zone .. i need to close it, reopen it and log back in ...

i also already managed to go LD while logging in from the Loginscreen, and getting "an unknown error occured" for at least 3 minutes after that, before i could log back in with a new EQ instance ..

Excision Rottun
04-30-2010, 02:30 PM
I have noticed this as well.

It also takes me noticeably longer to zone when it works.

Uaellaen
04-30-2010, 02:31 PM
It also takes me noticeably longer to zone when it works.

yeah i forgot to add this ... 2 ~4 times longer loading zones i have too ...

Nedala
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
sometimes i have a very long freeze while zoning before it starts to load. But most times it works, so its not a big problem for me.

maultar
04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes, me and the wife as well, we cringe when we have to zone.

Bumamgar
04-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Purely anecdotal, but neither my wife nor I have had any problems zoning at all on this server, over the last week of playing every night and zoning several times a session. Of course, we're not raiding :)