PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Quick Gear Check

Darian
03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
2 questions:

Currently 25 Shaman using Jaundiced Bone Helm (18 AC) and Bone Legplates (AC 6 5 stam -4 agi).

1. Am I better off swapping in a Kylong Helm? (12 AC +20hp +20mana +7svm +4svp)

2. What's a good upgrade from the bone legplates that still keeps the chain look? Or is Totemic gonna be the best bang for my buck until planar?

Thanks!

skorge
03-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes on the helm, the Kylong helm seems to be a nice cheap choice for helm because of the hp and mana and resists as well as decent AC, u can keep the JB helm for the free buffs in your bag.

As far as legs go, I am personally using a pair of withered leather leggings for the stats because the chain/plate legs don't seem to have great stats; if anything I would use kylong greaves u can get for about 1k.

Flash
03-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Skorge, can you give me advice on my gear as well?

Slime Coated Harpoon.
Bark Shield.
55HP rings x2.
Diamondine earrings x2 (AC 2, HP 15, STR 3).
Jaundiced Bone Boots, Helm, Gloves, Vambraces (hoping to get legs too for around 500pp).
Hierophants cloak.

The rest of my stuff is banded. I'm wondering what stuff would be good to replace the banded with in the 500-1k range, that would still be usable at lv60.

Darian
03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the response. Follow up question: dusty rusted arms for the hp or jaundiced bone for the ac? (lvl 27)

edgrubermn
03-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I'd go HP Darian... but that -4 to AGI isn't that great... may want to stick with the Jaundiced and look for something else

teekanc
03-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi! Im currently playing a level 19 Barbarian shaman (working on 20!)

I know the obvious gear solutions - Totemic armor quests... but when can i start doing these? Are they difficult to solo?

My current gear is banded, with the exception of the chest and belt, a slime harpoon and a mistmoore shield. Soloing seems rather difficult.

phobus
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Soloing is tough at 19, even with pretty good gear. You can start doing the quests in your mid 20s, or earlier if you hang out in the heavily-trafficked zones and ask in /ooc to loot the pieces you need. A number of the camps will be really tough to solo until the mobs are green.

Honestly though, unless you really want to do the quests I'd recommend against them. They take quite a bit of time (I did nearly all of them) and the gear won't make a significant impact in your soloing ability at this level. From an efficiency standpoint, you're better off getting a few more levels, saving more money, and buying the inexpensive Jaundiced Bone pieces for the AC (Boots, Gauntlets, Vambraces, and maybe the Helm).

Since you're Barbarian, I'd suggest you go to Karnor's Castle and loot the Jarsath armor (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Jarsath_Scale_Armor) that frequently rots. The bracer and leggings in particular will last you a long time, and you can't beat free.

teekanc
03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
WOW that jarsath armor is really nice. Im heading to Karnor once I get on tonight lol.