PDA

View Full Version : Place to report two-boxers?

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Removed.

tekniq
03-10-2012, 09:22 PM
this would go in the petition/exploit section.

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I see. Could this please be moved to the exploit section then? I would like an IP/account check of these two players to confirm.

Scavrefamn
03-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Nice job Flash, I hope your diligence results in the appropriate response from the powers that be.

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Nice job Flash, I hope your diligence results in the appropriate response from the powers that be.

I wish I could provide a screencap of the chat log, but unfortunately it's already scrolled beyond what I can roll back to. I'm sure an account check would confirm this though, I told one guy I don't like cheaters, and he told me to leave, and then the guy cheating told me "don't be a douchebag, why do you care anyway?"

Lazortag
03-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't know if it's safe to assume that they either (a) log group chat or (b) have time to search through logs to confirm your story. It's best to just screenshot whatever evidence you have.

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't know if it's safe to assume that they either (a) log group chat or (b) have time to search through logs to confirm your story. It's best to just screenshot whatever evidence you have.

I can't at this point; it isn't in my chat history anymore, too far back. An Admin would have to do it now.

All I have is a screenshot of the guy sitting in our group while his alt tanks for us. Circumstantial.

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Well, looks like it may be a false alarm. I asked about it and he's denying it now. He seemed like he had something to hide earlier though, and he certainly isn't against other two-boxers.

I'd still like a check, but sorry for wasting everyones time. I really thought I had him there.

Tasslehofp99
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
lol fairly sure that Acrux was powerleveling these folks, and that he doesnt even have an ip exemption...so drive thru

Gileren
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
well im acrux btw and i was just there PLing those newbs trying to sell my shit, i dont box, gfy, last time i ever help anyone

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
well im acrux btw and i was just there PLing those newbs trying to sell my shit, i dont box, gfy, last time i ever help anyone

And you think insulting me in-game helps your case? You want to be mad at me, fine, but I'm not apologizing. I saw what I saw and I acted on it.

Racun
03-10-2012, 09:52 PM
I saw Whitelotus making love to a bear near the Nek Forest zoneline.

Bearfucker!

Gileren
03-10-2012, 09:53 PM
PLing newbs at orc camp was my favorite downtime when trying to sell my stuff in ec. Never happening again, sorry newbies, you can thank this jackass for having nothing better to do with his life on a saturday night. Grats

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
PLing newbs at orc camp was my favorite downtime when trying to sell my stuff in ec. Never happening again, sorry newbies, you can thank this jackass for having nothing better to do with his life on a saturday night. Grats

Way to blow something out of proportion.

Somebody lock this thread and put it away now.

Nicolas Cage
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I saw Whitelotus making love to a bear near the Nek Forest zoneline.

Bearfucker!

Confirmed

Gileren
03-10-2012, 09:58 PM
well considering this is a bannable offense, and you were trying to get me banned for some shit that you have no clue about, i think im taking this the right way

Handull
03-10-2012, 09:59 PM
wait, you starting this RnF style thread and now you want it shut down? make up your mind!

Flash
03-10-2012, 09:59 PM
well considering this is a bannable offense, and you were trying to get me banned for some shit that you have no clue about, i think im taking this the right way

Fine, but I'm not apologizing. I thought I was right doing this and I still do. I saw what I saw.

Gileren
03-10-2012, 10:01 PM
i dont want an apology from you and never asked for one. Just simply stating that youre a retard who stuck your nose in my shit and im straight up calling you a dumbass for it, that is all

Flash
03-10-2012, 10:02 PM
i dont want an apology from you and never asked for one. Just simply stating that youre a retard who stuck your nose in my shit and im straight up calling you a dumbass for it, that is all

And now I'm reporting you again for harrassment.

Tasslehofp99
03-10-2012, 10:04 PM
And now I'm reporting you again for harrassment.

lolz

Flash
03-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I do believe I asked for a lock and a removal of this thread.

Handull
03-10-2012, 10:13 PM
all gm's and forum mods must bow down Flash and his wishes!

Edit: (just move it to RnF at some point and keep the fun going!)

Flunklesnarkin
03-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Yah the guy asked for something... why aren't things happening

anyways just use common sense.. if it could start a flame war or make somebody look bad (or a guild look bad) better to use petition / exploits.

Tasslehofp99
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Yah the guy asked for something... why aren't things happening

anyways just use common sense.. if it could start a flame war or make somebody look bad (or a guild look bad) better to use petition / exploits.

well said!

Swish
03-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Reported two sets of people boxing in the last week, one in unrest was overwhelmingly clear... the other was more of a muddy water job, hard to prove but anyone watching could tell that only 1 moved at a time.

Perhaps easy to mistake non-boxers for boxers, but damned if I want it in this server...if you're going for that IP exemption because your quote unquote "brother" wants to play, be careful, there's some eagle eyes around.

CrazyHorse
03-10-2012, 10:41 PM

yeah, my toons name is Turell, and he was trying to claim that I was two-boxing my character Turell, and the Acrux character. For some reason he wouldn't drop the issue, and when I called him an idiot-douchebag, it some how served as confirmation for his suspicion that we were two-boxing. Because apparently calling out an idiot on his nonsense is an admission of guilt.

Get a life, breh. You're the only kid I've ever had complain about a high level character PLing a group i've been a part of, free of charge.

P.S.. thanks for reporting me before you did your homework.

Flash
03-10-2012, 10:49 PM
yeah, my toons name is Turell, and he was trying to claim that I was two-boxing my character Turell, and the Acrux character. For some reason he wouldn't drop the issue, and when I called him an idiot-douchebag, it some how served as confirmation for his suspicion that we were two-boxing. Because apparently calling out an idiot on his nonsense is an admission of guilt.

Get a life, breh. You're the only kid I've ever had complain about a high level character PLing a group i've been a part of, free of charge.

P.S.. thanks for reporting me before you did your homework.

You showed so many signs of guilt it wasn't even funny.

CrazyHorse
03-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I said quit being a douchebag. How is that a sign of guilt?
Proof indicates guilt.

Nicolas Cage
03-10-2012, 10:55 PM
You showed so many signs of guilt it wasn't even funny.

But you're totally wrong so now it is funny

Swish
03-10-2012, 11:01 PM
It's time...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-cat-pictures-lolcats-iz-bringing-creepy-back.jpg

Ikonoclastia
03-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Speaking of IP Exemptions, I have one for my kid but he doesn't play anymore do I un-exempt myself?

Shocker
03-11-2012, 02:18 AM
LOL flash are you like 11 yrs old?

gnomishfirework
03-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Speaking of IP Exemptions, I have one for my kid but he doesn't play anymore do I un-exempt myself?

i wouldnt in case your son decides to play again. as long as you dont log a second account in, you're fine.

Ikonoclastia
03-11-2012, 02:46 AM
i wouldnt in case your son decides to play again. as long as you dont log a second account in, you're fine.
yeah true hey. he thinks its too hard eh, i'm like cmon, thats what makes it fun! he's like nahhh I think i'll go play skyrim...

sbvera13
03-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Now children, this is why we can't have anything nice.

Daldaen
03-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Now children, this is why we can't have anything nice.

Yep so just allow us to box and this won't be an issue.

Ikonoclastia
03-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Yep so just allow us to box and this won't be an issue.
I dual boxed cleric / war in wow, triple and quad boxed in EvE to PvP. Its a slippery slope you don't wanna go down, if they allow it it then becomes almost mandatory to compete and those that don't are at an disadvantage. Bad idea.

fuark
03-11-2012, 05:10 AM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4063/4556551681_29d93f9eb5_z.jpg

Serin
03-11-2012, 05:56 AM

So uh, Why does this warrant more than a "Psh, Whatever.." and a dropped subject? That's my usual response to people accusing me of things I didn't do..
Oh, that and a flippant response of how I'd do it better If I really was doing what they said.. "If I was, why the hell would I be sitting at orcs in EC?! So many better places.."

Wudan
03-11-2012, 07:57 AM
OP should be shot at dawn and pay for the bullet...

there is nothing worse than flase accusation.

What a looser!

Seriously, i think there should be some sort of punishment for false accusations of this proportion (posting on forums without evidence rather than /petition). You cant just go around accusing people and than when it comes out you were wrong you act like its all good and you are actualy doing the right thing. You are not. You are lucky im not runing things around here, because i would delete your stupid account for this unneccessary drama.

Dont forget to report me for harrasment!

Flash
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM
OP should be shot at dawn and pay for the bullet...

there is nothing worse than flase accusation.

What a looser!

Seriously, i think there should be some sort of punishment for false accusations of this proportion (posting on forums without evidence rather than /petition). You cant just go around accusing people and than when it comes out you were wrong you act like its all good and you are actualy doing the right thing. You are not. You are lucky im not runing things around here, because i would delete your stupid account for this unneccessary drama.

Dont forget to report me for harrasment!

You can't see my middle finger, but I'm flipping it at you. The Admins appreciate people looking out for these things. I feel bad for being wrong in my assumption, but I don't feel guilty, and I'm not apologizing. Wrong or not, I did the right thing by bringing this to their attention.

Maze513
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
In B4 RnF http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2009/10/mooninites.jpg

Flash
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
In B4 RnF http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2009/10/mooninites.jpg

Thank you.

Swish
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
As someone who hates boxing, I'd rather potential boxing issues were reported than let carry on. If you've ever grouped with boxers you'll know a lot of them aren't as good as having 2 people playing 2 characters...particularly when it comes to an afk, except boxers tend to say "10m" on their healer or something like it rather than declaring afk.

There's all kinds of giveaways, Flash might have got it wrong this time but if in doubt I think it should be reported... just in the petition forum rather than here.

IMO the server has enough grouping issues through 30-50 without people boxing and shutting out other players (most on live just duo'ed and didn't invite others in that I noticed) - if you're LFG constantly just take a moment to think how much worse it would be if boxers weren't caught and banned.

I'd still like to know how many IP exemptions have been given for this server, and though impossible to know... what proportion are genuine.

Wudan
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
You can't see my middle finger, but I'm flipping it at you. The Admins appreciate people looking out for these things. I feel bad for being wrong in my assumption, but I don't feel guilty, and I'm not apologizing. Wrong or not, I did the right thing by bringing this to their attention.

sure admins appriciate people looking out for these things....guess what I DO TO! I hate 2 boxers...BUT...

THERE ARE TOOLS TO REPORT THIS! Going to forums and accusing someone without evidence is just wrong and you even have the impertinence to say YOU ARE NOT GOING TO APOLOGIZE. Thats says a lot about you as a person. FU and your middle finger you pathetic loser.

Flash
03-11-2012, 11:52 AM
sure admins appriciate people looking out for these things....guess what I DO TO! I hate 2 boxers...BUT...

THERE ARE TOOLS TO REPORT THIS! Going to forums and accusing someone without evidence is just wrong and you even have the impertinence to say YOU ARE NOT GOING TO APOLOGIZE. Thats says a lot about you as a person. FU and your middle finger you pathetic loser.

If he apologizes to me for all the crap he gave me afterwords, I might consider it.

Gileren
03-11-2012, 12:26 PM
If he apologizes to me for all the crap he gave me afterwords, I might consider it.

whats with you and apologies through this whole thread? i never asked you to apologize to me but you said it like 5 times and now you want me to apologize to you? suck it and gfy, thats the best youre getting out of me. Ask the other dude tho he might be more friendly.

Galaa
03-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Read the whole thread, and its very obvious that OP is in the wrong. Luckily this is just in game, if a person wrongly accuses someone of committing a crime in real life, it might have even more severe consequences.

OP, next time do make sure you have sufficient proof before sprouting nonsenses.

maahes
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
How do you know? Please provide evidence that supports your assumptions.

maahes
03-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Read the whole thread, and its very obvious that OP is in the wrong. Luckily this is just in game, if a person wrongly accuses someone of committing a crime in real life, it might have even more severe consequences.

OP, next time do make sure you have sufficient proof before sprouting nonsenses.

Didn't see this post but I totally agree. So many little children and the server.

Wudan
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM

you got yourself solid "mofo loser" rep with this thread. Grats! Keep those reports coming in, it will get you a lot of love from players as well as admins, because there is nothing better then spending time dealing with false accusations from eager snitch.

If this was real life situation, you would get in serious trouble. Either with the law or with the accused one. I guess one headbutt would not heart in your case.

Verenity
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
How has this not been moved to R&Fs yet? Some quality flaming up in here.

teekanc
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM
http://images.wikia.com/doawk/images/f/f4/Diary_of_a_Wimpy_Kid_-_Safety_Patrol.jpg

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 01:47 PM
^^^lmao

Scavrefamn
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Flash; don't let these simp clowns get to you.

Two-boxers need to be kept out of this server and keeping an eye out for them is something we should all be doing nonstop.
There are PLENTY of other servers for them to ruin, this one is off limits.

And also...based on this thread alone, I'd wager to say he probably *was* two-boxing, heh.

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Flash; don't let these simp clowns get to you.

And also...based on this thread alone, I'd wager to say he probably *was* two-boxing, heh.

so man up and put some pp on it and let amelinda check the ip, i got 200k and my account on it, can you match up?

Swish
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
so man up and put some pp on it and let amelinda check the ip, i got 200k and my account on it, can you match up?

Why would he? If he's right you couldn't pay him as your account would be banned :rolleyes:

Faywind
03-11-2012, 04:05 PM

confirmed 2 boxer and RMT'er...

Alkorin
03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
So many little children and the server.

blakedubois
03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Is it just me or does the term "2-boxing" sound too sexual? I think we should start a revolution to change it to "multi-windows" or something stupid like that

Flunklesnarkin
03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Is it just me or does the term "2-boxing" sound too sexual? I think we should start a revolution to change it to "multi-windows" or something stupid like that

wtf lol

sex = boxing

idk man i don't see the connection

blakedubois
03-11-2012, 04:23 PM
box is another term for vagina

Flunklesnarkin
03-11-2012, 04:27 PM
box is another term for vagina

yes and boxing is a term for a sport

I don't get a raging hard on when i see two dudes beating the crap out of each other.

It's not sexual lol

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 04:30 PM
confirmed 2 boxer and RMT'er...

sorry if youre broke as shit and cant get over that 1kpp hump after this server being out for how long?

Flash
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Wow, with how defensive the two of them are coupled with all the mamby pamby newbies coming to their defense, I'd wager that I was right all along and that he really is two-boxing.

Taking all bets now.

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
so when its all said and done how much pp are you going to give me flash?

Flash
03-11-2012, 05:05 PM
so when its all said and done how much pp are you going to give me flash?

I'll give you 10 copper to plant a kiss on my nuts. 10 coppers, one kiss, don't need any tongue.

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 05:06 PM
sorry i only kiss nuts that have dropped already and have more than one hair on them

Flash
03-11-2012, 05:07 PM
sorry i only kiss nuts that have dropped already and have more than one hair on them

What the hell kind of rebuttal is that? Does that mean you're gay?

You MUST be 10 years old, at most.

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 05:10 PM
yeah im gay and i take offense to this last comment.

OMGZOR BAN HIM

Plaxiglass
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
What the hell kind of rebuttal is that? Does that mean you're gay?

You MUST be 10 years old, at most.

I don't know to me he seems to be more on she-males. If nuts are dropped you are left only with the khram.

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't know to me he seems to be more on she-males. If nuts are dropped you are left only with the khram.

she males arent as fun as a full post op TV. Dont knock it til youve tried it

Ikonoclastia
03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
AP / Hotspots, mobile dongles, VPN's and proxies. Any serious two boxer would be using an different IP rather then an exemption.

Not that I'm saying you're two boxing.

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 06:12 PM
AP / Hotspots, mobile dongles, VPN's and proxies. Any serious two boxer would be using an different IP rather then an exemption.

The direction this thread is going youre admitting to 6 boxing. Can a gm check this out?

Flunklesnarkin
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
The direction this thread is going youre admitting to 6 boxing. Can a gm check this out?

just because you know how people cheat doesn't mean he himself does it lol.

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 06:33 PM
exactly, it sucks when someone accuses you of cheating when you dont. amiright?

Acrux Bcrux
03-11-2012, 06:37 PM
and i wasnt accusing him btw, just making an example of how the little kiddies take your words and twist them around like that

Flunklesnarkin
03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
and i wasnt accusing him btw, just making an example of how the little kiddies take your words and twist them around like that

i got you.. its hard to tell context sometimes from writings

Ikonoclastia
03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Lol nah, rmt'rs are the virtual scrap metallers of the internet. Too much work, not much profit and its a fly by night business, especially on a private server. Might as well go on government welfare.

Galaa
03-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Wow, with how defensive the two of them are coupled with all the mamby pamby newbies coming to their defense, I'd wager that I was right all along and that he really is two-boxing.

Taking all bets now.

Are you trying to imply that clone accounts are created to post messages in support of him?

Everyone who posted in this thread, with the exception of one person, created their account before this incident. FYI.

fuark
03-12-2012, 01:34 AM

This. Lol. It never even occurred to me that someone would legitimately two box on an IP exemption. That seems like the easiest way in the world to get banned. Though I'm sure some retards do it.

Also, falsely accusing someone is a terrible thing to do. And if you do do it to someone, they have every right in the world to call you terrible names.

Ecco
03-12-2012, 01:41 AM
9/10 would rage again, Flash

DeathByCactus
03-12-2012, 09:12 AM
LOL @ all the idiots in this thread who think, "If this was real life you would be in serious legal trouble for falsly reporting a crime, yadayadayada."

Seriously, you have no idea what you people are talking about. If someone legitimately thinks a crime has occured, they need to go to the police and report it. It is only a false report and criminal action will be taken IF, please mind the IF, you do this to intentionally ruin someone or cause them problems. Its the same thing for admins/EQ.

If you have legitimate belief in your own mind that someone has committed a crime/EQ99fail you need to go to the police/admin and make a report. I've falsely accused someone, he looked just like the man who ripped out a news paper dispenser down the street, wanna know what happened? The cops went and talked to the guy and figured out it wasn't him. They found the guy later that night, doing it again however. Someone snitched on him again I guess by calling the Snitch kings (police).

The behavior on this thread by certain members is nothing but FAIL. The OP might have been clearly wrong, but the reality is he didn't make this thread intentionally. The person accused, "Gileren or Acrux" and his overdramatic kitten response about how he's never going to help anyone because someone tried to do the right thing also imo is a joke. Just going to up and quit, like what? You worried you gonna get banned for two boxing with 1 ip? Please. The OP stated an apology and a denial of his OP before all the drama ensued. Get over it.

The funny thing is, this is just one less eye everyone has on boxers. He made a bad call, he came to the forums as a newb, then he gets burned down. You people who burned him down are the same reason why horrible crimes exist in this world. Because, you label people snitches or burn them down when they try to do the right thing.

Grats guys for blowing this completely out of proportion.

EDIT: Hey Flash, life lesson, this is what happens when you try and get between a junky and his drug of choice. Just FYI, off the forums, you should carry a gun because these kinds of people exist everywhere. Not all of them solely use Everquest.

EDIT:

exactly, it sucks when someone accuses you of cheating when you dont. amiright?

Nothing wrong with this. Why? Because if they are innocent then a GM can check them out and there won't be a problem.

/flamesuit on, bring it.

Galaa
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
LOL @ all the idiots in this thread who think, "If this was real life you would be in serious legal trouble for falsly reporting a crime, yadayadayada."

Seriously, you have no idea what you people are talking about. If someone legitimately thinks a crime has occured, they need to go to the police and report it. It is only a false report and criminal action will be taken IF, please mind the IF, you do this to intentionally ruin someone or cause them problems. Its the same thing for admins/EQ.

I think its you who have noo idea what you are talking about.

Reporting to police is akin to /petition to a GM, or even posting in the exploit forum. Doing that, it will be sending a record to the GM to investigate, which is the right thing to do, and the GMs will determind whether the party involved is guilty or not, and they will pass their judgement.

Starting a thread in public and accusing a person without any proof, and without a GM to investigate, is pure accusation, and this is akin to defamation in legal terms in real life.

The right thing to do was to petition a GM right from the start and let the GM do their own checks. Not starting a thread here and posting nonsense without any evidence to back it up.

DeathByCactus
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I think its you who have noo idea what you are talking about.

Reporting to police is akin to /petition to a GM, or even posting in the exploit forum. Doing that, it will be sending a record to the GM to investigate, which is the right thing to do, and the GMs will determind whether the party involved is guilty or not, and they will pass their judgement.

Starting a thread in public and accusing a person without any proof, and without a GM to investigate, is pure accusation, and this is akin to defamation in legal terms in real life.

The right thing to do was to petition a GM right from the start and let the GM do their own checks. Not starting a thread here and posting nonsense without any evidence to back it up.

The OP is a newcomer and a newbie. The title of this thread doesn't say, "OMG THIS NOOB IS TWO BOXING!!!" It says, "Place to report two-boxers?". He asked a question and posted what was happening while making an assumption, which on the same page he apologized for and admitted he was wrong. Bring me to court with that and I will destroy you then make you pay for my fees. Because it just means you want money and attention, not justice. The apologies already been made, he learned his lesson there.

He came here for help because he wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to just asking the people in the EC about a petition function. Other than that his next mistake was messing with a bunch of junkies and the slight (but non-existent) threat of a ban... or some sort of public reputation crap.