PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskill Level Caps

Ikonoclastia
03-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Are there level caps? I'm trying to increase my Fletching so I can make magical arrows but I'm wondering if its not increasing because its just slow or because its capped at my level, its 68 and I'm level 13.

I realize that fletching is not economically wise but I'm a ranger so I must fletch.

Edit:

Oh yeah I did a search for about an hour, found this site http://home.comcast.net/~aoenla/fletchguide/index.html

But more of the other stuff I found wasn't classic specific... hard wading through all the 2010+ posts

Flunklesnarkin
03-11-2012, 06:09 AM
I don't know if it caps by level or not

but what i can tell you is your stats make a huge difference in how fast you skill up.

and you can only get one skill above 200 so be careful on fletching if you dont want that to be your only high level craft. (i think fletching caps at 202 on P99?)

anybody have a level 1 alt that they just use for tradeskills??

I'd imagine somebody must have tried that at some point.

Ikonoclastia
03-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks Flunkle, do you know also if there is a hidden haste on the quivers in game or that not in yet?

Flunklesnarkin
03-11-2012, 06:39 AM
There won't be haste on quivers till velious..

I'm not sure if its entirely classic on the server atm or not..

but like tailored quivers are suppose to be 22% weight reduction...

and the weight reduction is suppose to be how much the delay of the ranged attacks are reduced.

I think they might have done a work around to get rid of the delay till velious by just setting the WR to 0% until then.

Ranged attacks are also kinda borked too.. they get instant aggro... you'd normally be able to get off 2 or 3 shots before you had to start swinging your sword... just keep that in mind..

as soon as you click ranged attack the monster will run at you lol.

Flunklesnarkin
03-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Well i was looking into tradeskills a bit and i found this in the patch notes

Once above 200 points in one of these skills, no other skill will be able to exceed 200. Specialization restrictions do not include class or race-specific trade skills such as Alchemy, Make Poison, and Tinkering. Players with race or class-specific trade skills will be able to exceed 200 points of skill in that skill, plus any generally available trade skill.

So it appears you can have (or should be able to have) two skills above 200 as long as one of them is class or race specific

Linky to patch from september 19, 2000

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000919.html

Linky to complete patch history...

I hate the way alla is set up so I've been using this (even has stupid patches that are just server side or maintenance / server merge / server splits)

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php

anybody able to confirm thats how it works on P99?..

I have a gnome enchanter and if i could do tinkering and jewelry making on him would take care of two crafts in one character.