PDA

View Full Version : Question: Lumi Staff v. ES Arms

mefdinkins
03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm leveling quickly and have reached 28 in only a short time on the server. I am a druid and have primarily solo-ed. I have taken advantage of the real-time auction tracker, which has allowed me to buy a lot of great wisdom items and get good deals. In every slot now I have a decent druid item.

So now I have a few questions on potential upgrades:

I am at the point now where upgrades, sometimes minor, are much more costly. I think that a few wis here and there would not be nearly as beneficial to my char as ES arms, or a Lumi Staff, even though their benefits won't vest until level 45/46 - when their effects become usable. So I've set my sights on only saving for Lumi Staff & ES arms.

So I'm wondering how much plat will I earn as I continue to level? It's hard to say now cause I'm constantly buying and selling items. If I save all my plat from now to 45/46 would I have enough to purchase Elder Spiritist's Vambraces and/or Luminescent Staff? Each one is being traded at around 5,000.

Assuming I can't purchase both at 45ish, which one should I try to buy first?

Thanks,
Mefdinkins

Slave
03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
You're about to hit the level where you can take much more lucrative camps... in my estimation you'll have the money for both rather easily by level 45 if you save well, especially with little deals here and there for profit.

Daldaen
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
ES is more valuable than Lumi generally speaking if you solo. In groups it can be a toss up. Lumi you won't want to use if you are mez CCing any mobs, on single pulls the single DD isn't too terrible

I'd expect about 5-7k for ES Vambs, and mabye 5k for Lumi? I bought both of mine in the 1st few weeks of Kunark so I paid some weird prices.

Velion
03-12-2012, 05:44 PM
It probably depends on your play style more. If you like to root/rot solo then get the arms. If you like to quad, get the staff.

On my druid I got the lumi staff at 46 and mainly just quadded... starting with Oasis specs and moving to Everfrost Frost Giants (am 53 now) and/or Seafury quads if it's not crowded and I can get 4 at a time without kiting them around for 10min first. Although you can probably do specs without the staff, you won't have a big enough manapool to do some of the harder quads like Frost Giants/Seafuries without the lumi staff to finish off the last ~20%.

Yanomamo
03-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Honestly, you shouldn't have much trouble getting both. You seem savvy enough. They are both amazing.

...Assuming you dont blow your load on expensive wis items.

Tuffpuppy
03-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I loved my Lumi staff, I forget what I paid for it but I used it from the level it's clickable(46) and quaded the 3 sets of dorfs near the docks in BB. Then I moved on to specs then spirocs in TD till 51. At 51 I traded them for eboots and started charming raptors.

mefdinkins
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Aww great guys, thanks for the help.

I can't wait to be reunited with Lumi staff and ES arms.

Now for the hard part - the next 20 levels haha.

Handull
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Lumi staff is much better 45-low 50's, after that you'll stop using it and only use the arms. That's because eventually its just not worth the long cast time and low dmg for quading, vs the higher dmg and faster mana regen rate of higher levels. at higher levels however, dotting with es arms while root/rotting helps a ton and really adds a good % boost to your dps output