PDA

View Full Version : Druid role

Draca
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm just looking to know what is the role of a druid for end game. I've read a lot that they do ok at healing but groups don't tend to go for druids much thought? Any opinions?

DeathByCactus
03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
There are a few good threads on this. If you search for Druid vs. Shaman.

briare
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
got to get to the mob before you can kill it. fast mobilization and quick clearing is part of the end game. droods rule on that side of the business. oh and 5 droods = 1 cleric in a CH chain. for serious.

falkun
03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Druids role in endgame: ports, group SoW/FR/CR, track targets, DPS group heals. You can try to DPS raid targets, but I believe Druids see quite a few resists.

Ele
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Raiding means you will be patch healing, healing dps/casters, kiting adds, buffing/regening/sowing, nuking (on the less resistant bosses) and porting/evacing groups.

Grouping end game for a druid means making friends and forming your own groups, healing, damage shield, nuking, pulling in some zones. With certain group make-ups druids can heal just fine.

Daldaen
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Regen, Natureskin, patch heals, bad DPS, Snare/Root CC of adds, Ports for mobilizing.

Grozmok
03-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Chillin'

Tasslehofp99
03-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Regen, Natureskin, patch heals, bad DPS, Snare/Root CC of adds, Ports for mobilizing.

Hmm Bad dps? lol I out dps any classes in my group in most cases cept mages/necros/wizards and monks/rogues, making druids probably in the top half of overall DPS. The top 3 druid DoTS which stack (drifting death, breath of ro, and winged death) regularly parse 40-50 dps for me, with nukes thrown in thats almost = to most 50 rogues/monks dps. Granted that druids cant keep this kind of damage up for a long time without running OOM, they can do decent damage.

To me alot of people sleep on druids abilities in groups/raids. I can CC most times faster/better than an enchanter unless mobs summon, even then sometimes. I can keep myself and everyone in group but the main tank healed which keeps things running smoothly. This is especially the case when an enchanter or cleric pulls aggro in a group, a druid can heal them to spread the aggro out and allow the chanter to lock the mobs down faster. With the right group set up or combination of classes, druids can really be useful/fun classes.

stonez138
03-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I out dps any classes in my group in most cases cept mages/necros/wizards and monks/rogues

So you can out dps any class, except the dps classes?

I can CC most times faster/better than an enchanter

Either you're joking or have grouped with some pretty awful enchanters.

Daldaen
03-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Hmm Bad dps? lol I out dps any classes in my group in most cases cept mages/necros/wizards and monks/rogues, making druids probably in the top half of overall DPS. The top 3 druid DoTS which stack (drifting death, breath of ro, and winged death) regularly parse 40-50 dps for me, with nukes thrown in thats almost = to most 50 rogues/monks dps. Granted that druids cant keep this kind of damage up for a long time without running OOM, they can do decent damage.

To me alot of people sleep on druids abilities in groups/raids. I can CC most times faster/better than an enchanter unless mobs summon, even then sometimes. I can keep myself and everyone in group but the main tank healed which keeps things running smoothly. This is especially the case when an enchanter or cleric pulls aggro in a group, a druid can heal them to spread the aggro out and allow the chanter to lock the mobs down faster. With the right group set up or combination of classes, druids can really be useful/fun classes.

Bad DPS cause any real DPS class should beat us. Also the time at which it takes you to set up your DoTs on a raid boss is lost DPS whereas a real DPS class is actually rolling the entire time.

Plus I recall resists being pretty bad on raid mobs with our nukes but I haven't raided in quite some time.

Ephirith
03-13-2012, 10:40 PM
There are a few good threads on this. If you search for Druid vs. Shaman.

This. It has been discussed ad nauseum... in fact I think I made this thread a couple months back and it was a good discussion.

Ravager
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Well placed patch heals can save a raid. Nukes really aren't worth anything unless the mob is down to it's last couple of percent.

Yanomamo
03-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Wait, Drifting Death and Winged Death stack?

Edit: nice...

Slave
03-14-2012, 03:47 AM
With certain group make-ups druids can heal just fine.

Like groups with a real healer.