PDA

View Full Version : What cool moments have you experienced in game?

trollitc
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I was sitting just inside the guarded gates in Misty Thicket. I'm a 6th level Halfling druid. On a stump next to me is a 7th level Halfling druid. Out of nowhere, this conversation happened (slightly abridged).

Him: I cannot wait for meditate.
Me: Tell me about it brother. One more level, right?
Him: Yup.
Me: Well keep on with it. I'm heading back to East Commons!

I then stand up, and cast gate. Which fizzles. Try to cast it again - insufficient mana.

Me: (sitting down again) sigh.

It's the little things like this that sometimes make the game for me. The random conversations, the 50+ Shaman that Chloroplasted me as a newbie druid out of nowhere, which sped me through levels 3 and 4.

There needs to be more of this. So tell me, what's your fun or interesting story? What random little thing made your game day a bit better in Project 1999?

tekniq
03-13-2012, 02:29 PM
everytime i'm waiting for a named to pop while i'm killing PH, those 10 seconds before he actually spawns, i keep thinking in my head "this is the one" even if there's like 50 PH before him.

HappyTr33z
03-13-2012, 02:33 PM
First day, went into the Feerrott, got 1 level. Thought I was gonna be alone till atleast 9 or 10. Immediately after dinging 2 I run into an equal level SK, then we both ran into another group of 2, a Shaman/SK group like ours. We merged and hunted in the Feerrott all day, met the Dark Assassin more times than we would've liked, shot the shit, and I had found my love for MMO's all over again.

Basically every time I get on I meet someone new and do something fun.

trollitc
03-13-2012, 02:49 PM
I hear you. I sometimes enjoy hanging out in EC to squash blues and listen to the chatter. I've run into some generous and cool people there!

Eldaran
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I love all the random high level people who take time to offer a few minutes of pulling assistance or free buffs. The community that I see displayed in game here on a daily basis is amazing. Lots of people just happy to be playing EQ the way it was meant to be.

clacbec
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
+1

Ikonoclastia
03-13-2012, 07:17 PM
I was level 9, ran all the way from swamp to oggok to get a banded vest thing. Gave a mage a SoW on the way, she gave me a free treeweave vest. I'm thinking, hold on treeweave is a really awesome item from my 10 years old eq memory, then i looked up price on here and its like 800-1k so <3 u mage.

username1337
03-13-2012, 07:18 PM
everytime i'm waiting for a named to pop while i'm killing PH, those 10 seconds before he actually spawns, i keep thinking in my head "this is the one" even if there's like 50 PH before him.

Perfect example of Variable ratio schedule of reinforcement that MMORPG exploit so well (Everquest is a perfect example). You keep playing because you believe that "the next one" will give you the reward.

Within99
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
I solo'd a Yellow.

Ikonoclastia
03-13-2012, 08:32 PM
I solo'd a Yellow.
Ur living my dream

deneauth
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
I remember back when I was new to the server still and leveling Ciandra (named psychopathic back then) in the oasis when a random player ran up to me, gave me an executioners axe from lower guk and said welcome to the server. I have paid it forward since that day.

funhorroryes
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
i loved back when EQ was released you always had your small cliche of people who leveled in the same areas. everyone thought there where major benefits of grouping and no one was nazi enough to decline and solo.

kept alot of friends i had throughout EQ that i met in the swamp

Goraith
03-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Last week I got into a fun group in the basement of HHK with Bioware, Bookmedder, Cult, Tabytha. I just had a blast chattin and grinding.

sedrie.bellamie
03-16-2012, 02:31 AM
random erudite SK opened the door to Paniel for me so my ranger in wolf form could buy a key to the Hole. nice things like this help the game be playable

HappyTr33z
03-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Today I ran into a guy in the tunnel who I had only seen once before on my Ogre.(have deleted and rerolled since) He immediately recognized my name and asked if I needed help getting restarted, so I, ofcourse, said yes. We port near Befallen, and run in. The next thing I know there are 2 or 3 Anonymous players giving me gear I've seen run for 150-200pp, they start pulling trains to me and I start leveling like a machine.

Needless to say I had very little trouble getting back on my feet, never have I been on an MMO with such a friendly/helping playerbase. I guess this server's population actually realizes that helping each other out makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Now, I rest.

LizardNecro
03-16-2012, 04:28 AM
I was level 9, ran all the way from swamp to oggok to get a banded vest thing. Gave a mage a SoW on the way, she gave me a free treeweave vest. I'm thinking, hold on treeweave is a really awesome item from my 10 years old eq memory, then i looked up price on here and its like 800-1k so <3 u mage.

Hiya, I remember you! I was the mage (Morloth). Glad to see you're still enjoying the game! What level are you now?

Yardcore
03-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I recently discovered the beautiful maybe the Hindu God, Shiva sculpture while I was running to East Karana from High Pass Hold. I often traveled that route on my toons 10 years and never realized the existence of the wall-art.

Ikonoclastia
03-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Hiya, I remember you! I was the mage (Morloth). Glad to see you're still enjoying the game! What level are you now?
Lol hey Morloth :) Was a troll shaman but I have a ranger now instead, shes 18. Yup still loving the game. Thanks agaiin.

Mojoz_Mon
03-18-2012, 11:50 AM
This server acually has alot of really cool cats on it. On all my toons at one point I have had high lvls stop and just chill and help me level for abit.. Alot of really nice folks around here

Kwitchercryn
03-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Man, after reading all this, it makes the waiting even more painful. This is what makes this game amazing to me. The tight knit, friendly player base. People helping others and not just looking out for number 1.

I haven't had any such experience on the server yet due to not being on yet, but I have however experienced a very warm welcome from the player base on the forums and I have received a very generous offer from one of the players.

Good Hunting everybody, see you all in-game soon enough!

envino
03-22-2012, 03:00 AM

Could this possibly be Ikonoclastia from old firiona vie? Same spelling... probably not but would be beyond cool if it was..

Eldaran
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
During the one server event last year, there were about 250 people in Greater Faydark. I (as a Cleric) battled another Cleric in a 1 on 1 duel and won. I was given, as a reward, the Burnyai Legion Gi that I'm still wearing today. People actually stood in a straight line from the Druid Ring all the way down some of the path to Felwithe to enter a raffle for items. It was probably the coolest thing I've experienced in Live or P99. This server is amazing. I appreciate now what I couldn't fully appreciate as a 17 year old when EQ first released.

Here is the link to the forum thread announcing and discussing that event. I hope we get to see something like this again soon for all the newcomers. This was the defining moment in my Project1999 and Everquest life.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37209&highlight=greater+faydark+event