PDA

View Full Version : Hello

CrowsNest
03-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Well lookin to start on P99, been about 6 years sence i played EQ. Was my first MMO and lookin to come back to a nice priv server that has what it had back in the day. What is the class that is most needed and easy to get group, my pref is Cleric/pally/monk/necro. Done some reading on the server and im excited to get back into the game. TY in advance

citizen1080
03-14-2012, 01:02 AM
cleric/pally for need and ease of getting groups

necro cause they can solo to 60 naked

Yanomamo
03-14-2012, 01:45 AM
And monk because they're OP.

CrowsNest
03-14-2012, 02:31 AM
How were monks OP, memory lil faded

Ephirith
03-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Good dps, good survivability, decent solo ability, good utility with pulling. Generally better than a PAL/SK in every way other than aggro management and maybe some mitigation.

CrowsNest
03-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Well time to find a download, unless i find my cds

ArumTP
03-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Somewhere there is a thread on how many there are of each class on this server. There are NUMEROUS of monks and necros on this server. Cleric is always a good choice. The only good reason to play a pally is because gear is cheap, because nobody plays one.

Kender
03-14-2012, 03:10 PM
if you start brand new and play monk you;l get horribly disillusioned...

there are so many twink monks running around you'll always feel whole inadequate

p.s. everyone loves a cleric, lost of people like tanks. if you want to grp pick one of them

Darkwulf58
03-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Somewhere there is a thread on how many there are of each class on this server. There are NUMEROUS of monks and necros on this server. Cleric is always a good choice. The only good reason to play a pally is because gear is cheap, because nobody plays one.

Goraith plays one... occasionally. Viro the Voracious << Phat Lewts reference.:p

CrowsNest
03-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Im really leaning towards a cleric but my only thing is having to solo and far as i can remember solo cleric is hard unless grouped. Also cant find my cds so might be stuck having to pay for new cds.

Slave
03-15-2012, 02:04 AM
Also cant find my cds so might be stuck having to pay for new cds.

Some people try Amazon for the CDs, others prefer TO RRENT them.

ArumTP
03-15-2012, 04:44 AM
There is a thread somewhere on how to solo as a cleric. I have soloed, except for a very few occasions, all the way to 35. Unrest is your friend. I suspect I will have similar success in lguk.

DeathByCactus
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
If you play a monk, what was said was pretty much true. Lots of monk twinks with high quality gear that most of us will never own. If you play a tank or pally, you will be wanted a lot. I believe paladins can solo undead fairly well. Clerics are good for groups.

I would say play a tank. They are in short supply and won't have much of a with groups.

However, monks come the end of velious are one of the strongest classes, which is another reason for all the twinks. If you love constantly running and pulling, there ya go.

Natakaz
03-15-2012, 12:04 PM
i got a level 6 pally that i've been leveling up (just started 2 days ago) if you need a hand let me know

name is Gandogar

Julisha
03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
solo cleric is hard unless grouped

Hmm if you group, that's not solo anymore hehe. On a side note, clerics are always welcome in group and in the case you can't find one, sticking to undead zones will be easier. Befallen, tower in field of bone, Unrest, Lguk.

doacleric
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Not sure where everyone is saying that Pally's have it easy when looking for a group. I can remain LFG on my pally for 4-5 hours at a time and not get a single response at peak times.