PDA

View Full Version : Prima's Official "Ruins of Kunark" Strategy Guide

Zaphyer
03-14-2012, 09:47 PM
As Slave said below, a gem of a book to have. Found an online copy for free at this link.

http://www.scribd.com/bvanharjr/d/53542242-48825912-EverQuest-the-Ruins-of-Kunark-Revised-Expanded-Prima-Official-eGuide

cheers

Slave
03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
It was one of my favorite books of all time; me and that thing were inseparable. If this is one of your first forays into EverQuest, you can literally have no better hardcopy of information at your fingertips. It is filled with minor inaccuracies but the spell data alone from levels 1-24 is vast and allows you to get a very good idea of how everything works.

Zaphyer
03-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Does it have maps, mob locations and what they drop?

bizzum
03-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I posted this a few weeks ago.

Flunklesnarkin
03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Hmmm have to sign up for facebook to download it.

I'd rather pay amazon 5 bucks lol

fischsemmel
03-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Does it have maps, mob locations and what they drop?

It's the wiki, but written by people who didn't have over a decade of experience playing the game before they wrote up the guide.

It has great city maps, but no other zones. Mob and drop info is incomplete, generic, and often inaccurate. But it has great info, both RP-ish and useful-ish, about different races and classes. Fun writeups on the gods, the zones, etc. Little RP asides. Lots of good info about skills for the different classes. Full spell lists, though detailed info (mana, damage, etc.) is only available for spells level 24 and under. Tradeskill info never seemed very good to me.

Love this book, especially because it has fun stuff from back in the day in it. Name ideas for characters I was going to make. Random names of NPCs written here and there I needed to talk to for quests. Little hand-drawn maps of certain areas (pot room!).

It's a fine compliment to your EQ Kunark Cloth Map of Awesomeness. I also get a kick out of the pen and paper EQ books for the info and stories and stuff they add and seeing how they tried to convert EQ for the PC into tabletop EQ.

WTF at rolling like freaking 10d20 every time I want to cast a wizard spell, or having to keep track of mana regen and hp regen and time, and crap like that, though.

Nanolian
03-15-2012, 12:19 AM
This book is sitting next to me lol.

Swish
03-15-2012, 12:38 AM
I posted this a few weeks ago.

To be honest I think it gets reposted every few months :D

No harm in that though, nice for everyone to see it!

Lulz Sect
03-15-2012, 12:53 AM
http://serv3.tcgimages.eu/img/items/5/DB1/torrential_tribute.jpg