PDA

View Full Version : Karnors Castle = Slowest XP in game?

Ashimar
03-16-2012, 10:12 AM
except solo-wise, but group wise it sure feels like it. Thats why you always see shamans and whatnot soloing in there instead of grouping. Even with good groups who chain pull via a monk the xp seems slow. One time i was in a group with a full group who had a ranger + paladin. i had to leave because the XP penalty was kicking my ass. People used to joke i was at lvl 56 for like 5 or 6 months. Well it was due in part to Karnors. If we could get all the folks
at KC to start hanging out at much better zones like Charasis, Sebilis , or the Hole that would be awesome. I don't say Chardok because every single time i've gone there the group ive been with wipes.

Maybe because KC is closest to Port rings?
What you think about KC?
I' don't hate it completely. i would love a Runed blade, Ringed Mace, or Oggok Cleaver but have yet to see one drop.

Messianic
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Karnor Mobs Weild what they wanna

Ele
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Karnor's was terrible xp on live and is terrible here with basically 3 groups (hands/WL, lcy/capt, and basement) being able to pull the entire zone. Doesn't help that groups have to resort to pulling through other camps just to get mobs during peak hours.

Then all those soloing druids, shamans, and monks end up sniping names from those groups, good times had by all.

p.s. Ringed Mace of Ykesha was removed from loot tables a few weeks after Kunark's release and Runed Blade is just insanely rare.

quido
03-16-2012, 10:24 AM
KC is just a shitty place to have a full group. The only spot that is really worth a damn is the basement, and usually another group or two is pulling from it.

KC is a duo/trio zone, in my opinion.

Ele
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
ATTENTION new comers (and those that just don't know):

Karnor's on P99 is a TRAIN RIGHT server. Train to the right (South) zone line when entering Karnor's from Dreadlands and train right (North) zoneline when exiting Karnor's.

Bind on the North DL/KC zoneline if you are binding at KC.

Psionide
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Even solo wise it kinda sucks. I'd rather solo in CoM than KC, sure KC has loads of better loot but the mobs in CoM have crap for Hitpoints compared to KC.

Grozmok
03-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Never been a fan of Karnor's.

For those that like to camp it, sorry to hear the exp is lackluster.

Hitchens
03-16-2012, 01:40 PM
It isn't that bad if you don't look at your exp bar all the time.

Maze513
03-16-2012, 02:22 PM
if u have a good grp in KC suck it up and go to Chardok... then look at your xp

falkun
03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Or seb, or HS. Basically take the good group you have from KC to any other upper-level Kunark dungeon and then look at your exp.

Plyssken
03-16-2012, 03:15 PM
OMG Seb & HS are the new Lower Guk. Best zones in the game. I used to love those.

Yanomamo
03-16-2012, 04:55 PM
It's safe (easy to train safely, close to DL rings, no keys needed an easy to enter/exit. All of these things make it very convenient.

Flunklesnarkin
03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
KC isn't the best exp in game for sure..

but its really really easy and safe... important for groups that don't have raid gear or a ton of plat invested into equipment.

It can be decent exp tho if you get the entire zone to yourself. If you pull all the camps (lcy / rcy / basement / captain / hands / pawbuster) and slaughter everything the exp flows nicely.

sol b is a nice alternative to KC (talking high 40's low 50's)... but there is only like one decent exp camp there (the freeti's) and its usually taken.

Chardok can be ok too... but its tougher than KC and freeti's so need a little higher level chanter and tank... (or a little more twinked out one).

Last but not least.. Kedge Keep

go get your rebreather and go get some exps... just be careful there.. everquest's Z axis doesn't seem to work well at all... so if you pull something it will be hitting you even if its like 100 feet below you.

kedge keep is a vertical dungeon you are always swimming down ;p

Grozmok
03-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Also, looking at the ZEM:

<table id="sortable_table_id_0" class="eoTable2 wikitable sortable"><tbody><tr><td>Kunark </td><td> Karnor's Castle (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Karnor%27s_Castle) </td><td> 85 </td></tr></tbody></table>
/thread

Flunklesnarkin
03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
yah.. when you are grinding for hours upon hours for a level anyways..

I'd rather take a less than optimal camp than wait around a few hours for an invite or a camp to open up.

It gonna be a grind no matter where you exp... just get to killing shit.

Grozmok
03-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I found not eyeballing the exp used to work for me way back when, I'm sure it will work for me now.

Journey > Destination

That's why we're all here... right?

RIGHT?!

bizzum
03-16-2012, 05:36 PM
but its really really easy and safe..

Flunkle confirmed to gate at the first sign of an add. =P

Flunklesnarkin
03-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Flunkle confirmed to gate at the first sign of an add. =P

I'd have gate on three hot keys if i could ;p

Velion
03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I'd have gate on three hot keys if i could ;p

Why can't you?

Plyssken
03-16-2012, 06:07 PM
If you're a warrior you could since you only push 3 keys all day IF you have slam...but then again. No gate.