PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Afghanistan.

Kwitchercryn
03-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Greetings fellow Norrath adventurers! So, just heard about this site and the wonderful service that is being provided. I wish more than just about anything I could get my hands on a titanium client. I have not played EQ since roughly 2006. I started playing back in 1999 and I absolutely love the fact that ppl are able to play EQ how it was MEANT to be played with your server. Pre Luclin Everquest was the best time I have had on an MMO. I enjoyed it after, but not nearly as much as I did with just Classic, Kunark and Velious. I was sitting in my tent the other day, thinking back on all the awesome times I had, and I think I will always be that 16 year old kid who first picked up EQ, not knowing what to expect, running around in Greater Fay with no idea of what I was doing or where I was going and thinking I was hot shit when I looted my first pair of small cloth wristbands from a dead Orc centurion that I didnt even kill cause I was too low lvl outside Crushbone. I loved farming crushbone belts, filling up all my bag space, only to run my ass all the way to Kaladim to turn them in for XP and random pieces of leather, or taking a 40 minute boat ride from Faydwer to Antonica only to fall off the boat due to a zoning glitch and spending over 2 hours swimming back because I had never leveled my swimming >.<! lol Sorry, But its almost impossible for me to find somebody to talk to about all this that actually KNOWS what im talking about. Those were the good ol days and I would love to relive them again. I hope this site is still going strong when I finally make it back home. I would love the chance to join the ranks of players who appreciate classic EQ like I do. I wish you all the best and Good Hunting!

Kwitchercryn
03-18-2012, 03:08 PM
lol Sorry, But its almost impossible for me to find somebody to talk to about all this that actually KNOWS what im talking about. Those were the good ol days and I would love to relive them again. I hope this site is still going strong when I finally make it back home. I would love the chance to join the ranks of players who appreciate classic EQ like I do. I wish you all the best and Good Hunting!

Yinaltin
03-18-2012, 03:09 PM
watch out for PIRATEs in the BAY in afghanistan . i heared they nowadays steal all BITs of Cars TO RRENT them . crazy folks ... steling to rent ...

but the story you wrote is exsactly the same why i searched for p99 2 years ago. have fun here. never to late to join eq again.

Sirken
03-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Kwitch, welcome to p99! you'll find theres a lot of people here just like you (maybe not in a tent in afghanistan) that want to relive the glory days, or simply experience things they missed out on.

im sure you'll see we have plenty of helpful people willing to help ;)

Kwitchercryn
03-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks Sirken :) I really hope I am able to get my hands on a client some time in the near future. I would absolutely LOVE to run through pre Luclin Norrath again and revisit all my old favorite spots, BB chess board, Unrest, Crushbone, just to name a few. Classic EQ is an amazing game and experience that I have missed for too long now.

Yinaltin
03-18-2012, 03:25 PM
haha i just see it. its really exactly 2 years now i am in here. funny :)

Yinaltin
03-18-2012, 03:26 PM
again. if you search for a client, maybe you can read my first post again. and then again. it is very hard and expensive to get your hands on a client nowadays but maybe, if you read my first posting again, youll get a clue where to get it cheap.

Kwitchercryn
03-18-2012, 03:34 PM
lol just got what you were trying to say Yinaltin, at first I was thinking, wtf is this guy talking about...Afghanistan is landlocked lol.

Yinaltin
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
dont know. is it the titanium client you can download from everquest.com and if not, is this client you get there able to be playable with p99? if it is the same (titanium) i think it would be legal then. hey board lawyers any info?

Srs Not Ames
03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Greetings from the Free World.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kX70HiOl0V4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slave
03-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Greetings from the Free World.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kX70HiOl0V4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very cool, never heard this one before.

Kwitchercryn
03-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Well I am currently downloading the free to play client right now. Im on day 3 of the download and I am at 20%. Its killing me how long it is taking, but I dont care. I want to play EQ again. So, if anybody could tell me of any additional files that would need to be changed outside of the ones that I would already have to change as stated in the "getting started" section, I would greatly appreciate it. 1,748MB or 8.361MB downloaded so far, taking....soooooo.....long lol.

Ssleeve
03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Well I am currently downloading the free to play client right now. Im on day 3 of the download and I am at 20%. Its killing me how long it is taking, but I dont care. I want to play EQ again. So, if anybody could tell me of any additional files that would need to be changed outside of the ones that I would already have to change as stated in the "getting started" section, I would greatly appreciate it. 1,748MB or 8.361MB downloaded so far, taking....soooooo.....long lol.

quit downloading that and read the PM i sent u

Kika Maslyaka
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
while you get newest possible client from SOE for free, this doesn't not help you in anyway to play HERE. P99 needs Titanium.

kazroth
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey man, welcome to the server, glad to have another service member.

Swish
03-18-2012, 09:43 PM
I have to say, Titanium is Pretty Idolised Round All The EQ P99 players I know. Definitely the version you want ;)

SoF isn't supported is it?

PS - welcome to the server :D

Kwitchercryn
03-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome and info, working towards getting the titanium client downloaded, hopefully I will be joining everybody before too long!

Kwitchercryn
03-19-2012, 01:19 AM
I know that it wont work, which is why im trying to download the titanium client.

Ikonoclastia
03-19-2012, 02:31 AM
I know that it wont work, which is why im trying to download the titanium client.
You mean purchase it from piratEBAY ;)

Kwitchercryn
03-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Umm yes *cough cough thats what I mean....purchase...from ebay *cough ;)

JayDee
03-19-2012, 04:05 AM
maybe if you played less eq when you were younger, you wouldn't have had to forfeit all of your rights and your dignity to fight for such a fruitless cause.

Kwitchercryn
03-19-2012, 06:01 AM
I do what I do Jaydee because I want to do it. I serve my country proudly, have for the past 9 years, and will for the next 11.

Yanomamo
03-19-2012, 06:25 AM
apparently you don't have access to the ENTER button in Afghanistan

Kwitchercryn
03-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Im sorry, but I do not have even the smallest clue as to what you mean by that.

Yanomamo
03-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Your OP is a huge block of text with no breaks

Daldaen
03-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Greetings fellow Norrath adventurers! So, just heard about this site and the wonderful service that is being provided. I wish more than just about anything I could get my hands on a titanium client.

I have not played EQ since roughly 2006. I started playing back in 1999 and I absolutely love the fact that ppl are able to play EQ how it was MEANT to be played with your server. Pre Luclin Everquest was the best time I have had on an MMO. I enjoyed it after, but not nearly as much as I did with just Classic, Kunark and Velious.

I was sitting in my tent the other day, thinking back on all the awesome times I had, and I think I will always be that 16 year old kid who first picked up EQ, not knowing what to expect, running around in Greater Fay with no idea of what I was doing or where I was going and thinking I was hot shit when I looted my first pair of small cloth wristbands from a dead Orc centurion that I didnt even kill cause I was too low lvl outside Crushbone. I loved farming crushbone belts, filling up all my bag space, only to run my ass all the way to Kaladim to turn them in for XP and random pieces of leather, or taking a 40 minute boat ride from Faydwer to Antonica only to fall off the boat due to a zoning glitch and spending over 2 hours swimming back because I had never leveled my swimming >.<!

lol Sorry, But its almost impossible for me to find somebody to talk to about all this that actually KNOWS what im talking about. Those were the good ol days and I would love to relive them again. I hope this site is still going strong when I finally make it back home. I would love the chance to join the ranks of players who appreciate classic EQ like I do. I wish you all the best and Good Hunting!

Happy? Some people are just very picky!

As others said focus on the bold/capitalized sections of their post, they aren't allow to post directly their thoughts, so they just focus in on the important information you need to get started.

Yanomamo
03-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Thanks, Daldaen. That looks much nicer. But yeah, once again I am reminded why you should never correct someone's grammar on the interwebs. It's just such a struggle to resist sometimes.

Welcome to the server once you get your shiz up and running :)

Kwitchercryn
03-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Ah, lol okay. Sorry for not putting in spaces, was very excited when I wrote my OP. I got the hints from all the posts on my thread. I would like to thank everybody for the input. I am working on getting my hands on either a titanium client or Underfoot client from Steam.

I take no offense to your correcting me Yanomamo. I just didn't know what you meant. Thank you for the welcome. Hopefully I will be up and running before too long. Look forward to exploring Norrath again with everybody.

bulbousaur
03-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Hope we see you on Project 1999 soon! The more players, the better.

Ikonoclastia
03-20-2012, 04:11 AM
Hey did ya get the client downloaded?. If you can't get it I can send you a copy I got from piratebay in the mail although I don't know whether it'll get to you before the 3 week download finishes given ur in Afghanistan, I hear their postal system is not the greatest :) I'm in Aussie btw.

PM me if ya need it, pretty sure a memory stick isn't that expensive to send in the mail, but um, don't send it back, don't wanna be the next Julian Assange heh.

Underfoot doesn't work I don't think... someone correct me if I'm wrong

falkun
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Underfoot doesn't work I don't think

Titanium only, you are correct.

godbox
03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
first chapter of this thread pretty good. ending was only so so posters really missed a chance to make it an A+ flame thread =(. would recomend to friends but wouldnt read again.

LizardNecro
03-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you for your service and what you do over there in Afghanistan! Once you get set up, please send me a tell if there's any way I can help you out in game!

Kwitchercryn
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Thank you Lizard :) I really cant wait. Ive been talking my soldier's ears off lately about how amazing classic Everquest is and telling them all kinds of stuff that I just know they dont want to hear but muahahahaha, they dont have a choice in the matter, they must listen! :P

Kope
03-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey did ya get the client downloaded?. If you can't get it I can send you a copy I got from piratebay in the mail although...

Damn you guys get pretty clever when trying to show someone what's up :) After multiple tries you only get more ingenious, I haven't seen this way before now :).

Is the grey background too obvious? :P

Kwitchercryn
03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah, Ikonoclastia is my new hero. Cant wait to get that thumb drive! lol

Silentone
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
welcome, and get ready to be sucked back into the past.

jballe3
03-21-2012, 10:33 AM
welcome man, hit me up when you get in game, i can be found on either partyboy, zerax or exzor! (former service member myself, 5.5 years active in the navy then 2 yrs in AF Reserves)

Kwitchercryn
03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Awesome, thanks Jballe. Will do man. =D