PDA

View Full Version : neriak wine faction quest

bbastoss
03-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Hey everyone, I was reading up on the neriak wine faction quest and was wondering if it was possible for an iksar to hand in the required wines while invis. The wiki says i need at least indifferent faction to hand in the wines. I am also a monk, so will sneaking behind and handing in the quest items work for multiple turn ins? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ephirith
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I did it on both my Iksar Shaman and my SK.

The wiki says you need indifferent faction but that isn't true-- I was apprehensively and the quest went through, plus the vendor sold the wine to me.

bbastoss
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
thanks for the quick response -

how did you get your faction to apprehensive?

Danyelle
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
It seems most quests can be completed so long as the mob isn't attacking you...making the faction req really dubious+ (or if the hand in guy cons green and won't aggro)

Wolf Form is invaluable for factioning as it's easily sharable and bumps your factions up generally 2 ranks allowing you to do faction hand ins even at ready to attack. i did bard faction this way. And Steel Warriors.

Ephirith
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
thanks for the quick response -

how did you get your faction to apprehensive?

Didn't do anything, started that way. As Iksar oddly enough.

SirAlvarex
03-19-2012, 06:22 PM
The iksar faction was incorrect for awhile. They were seriously underhated. A lot of that has been corrected.

Wolf form or having someone charm him works great.

bbastoss
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
ahh kk thanks for the advice everyone- im gonna go wolf route - thanks!

Ephirith
03-20-2012, 12:12 AM
The iksar faction was incorrect for awhile. They were seriously underhated. A lot of that has been corrected.

Wolf form or having someone charm him works great.

I literally just did this as an Iksar SK two days ago, no wolf form or FD/invis shenanigans. He conned apprehensively, I handed him the wine, and quest went through.

There was a time when my Iksar shaman was naturally dubious to Dreadguard Outer, but they fixed that.

Pscottdai
03-20-2012, 12:18 AM
It works but the quest is only recognizing 1 hand in at a time even though it will accept up to 4 wines per. I spent a couple levels killing the troll that spwans in Third gate and tested it extensively.

So in short, don't bother handing him more than 1 at a time.

Flunklesnarkin
03-20-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm fairly sure it's suppose to be indifferent or better to accept the trade in. I'll search..

Oldest snap shot on allakhazam (using the way back machine) i could find was from dec 24, 2001 and it said indifferent on there... gimme one moment longer i'll try to find something older.

SirAlvarex
03-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I literally just did this as an Iksar SK two days ago, no wolf form or FD/invis shenanigans. He conned apprehensively, I handed him the wine, and quest went through.

There was a time when my Iksar shaman was naturally dubious to Dreadguard Outer, but they fixed that.

Ah, that's very interesting. I wonder if Iksars are supposed to be non-KoS to him?