PDA

View Full Version : Expansion release query...

gruumsh
05-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Random question but was just wondering if this server is going to attempt to recreate the live events that preceded the opening of Kunark and Velious?

Would be pretty cool for people that didn't play during classic era and didn't get the experience of Kunark or Velious going live.

Any thoughts?

Noxious
05-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if they did.

They recreated the Kith events when the new plane opened up (Fear or hate, don't remember which)

BuzWeaver
05-02-2010, 10:49 AM
If memory serves me correctly, after Hate was introduced that's when we saw undead in Kith at night. When Kunark came out the only thing I remember was that certain mod drop rates/spawn rates were increased, I believe it was across the board for most if not all mob types. I would suspect this was done to match the growing population as EQ was really booming.

My question is if the Project is going to stop say at Velious, will we see the introduction of the expanded classes, such as Halfling Rangers/Paladins and or the Beastlord class.

freezzo
05-02-2010, 11:02 AM
probably wont see beastlord, that was part of luclin.

BuzWeaver
05-02-2010, 11:18 AM
probably wont see beastlord, that was part of luclin.

Understood, however I was wondering if the classes by themselves would be introduced versus the encompassing expansion. I'm not sure how flexible the 'classic' purest ideology is. It would be a bit of a disappointment not to enjoy a great class like the Beastlords.

bionicbadger
05-02-2010, 11:32 AM
keep that beastlord shit out of classic

Malrubius
05-02-2010, 11:47 AM

I would have probably said it differently, but yeah, what bionic said.

Jify
05-02-2010, 12:04 PM

QFT!

BuzWeaver
05-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I suppose the irony is that the only other class I wanted to play besides a Druid was a Beastlord. I'm all for keeping it classic, its just unfortunate that as a fan of a very enjoyable class, I may not get an opportunity to play one. I could easily live without a Halfling Pally or Ranger, but a Beastlord was just fun as they were so multifaceted.

BuzWeaver
05-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I would have probably said it differently, but yeah, what bionic said.

You mean the knee jerk, purest, xenophobic aspersions to Beastlords? ;)

Malrubius
05-02-2010, 12:15 PM
You mean the knee jerk, purest, xenophobic aspersions to Beastlords? ;)

Bingo.

guineapig
05-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Beastords are like mages only more useful and versatile.....

It's like putting easy mode on easy mode.

maultar
05-03-2010, 01:23 PM
There was a gm event while Kunark was out but it took place in the Karanas. Various undead would pop, some yard trash some bosses, dropped int, wis, tank gear. Forget specifics. I did get a caster robe out of the deal though.

Tallenn
05-03-2010, 06:04 PM
What I remember from the Kunark opening was some lame event in GFay in front of Felwithe. Firiona Vie and Lanys T'vl were there (I think). I was lagged all to shit, so I couldn't really follow what was going on. There were over 400 players there.

Stylez
05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
There is alot of things they can do when they get to end of velious. They can tune naggy and vox to match the hardest mobs in game. When they die make phinny, cazic and innothule harder and make the loot better. once they are dead redo Kunark for more of a challenge. No need for a wipe or anything just keep going over and making stuff harder with better rewards for level 60's.

bionicbadger
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I REALLY hope they do a wipe and start over with all the bugs that have been fixed

kevincheese
05-04-2010, 03:39 AM
The only thing we need is the SWARM.

BuzWeaver
05-04-2010, 07:04 PM
There is alot of things they can do when they get to end of velious. They can tune naggy and vox to match the hardest mobs in game. When they die make phinny, cazic and innothule harder and make the loot better. once they are dead redo Kunark for more of a challenge. No need for a wipe or anything just keep going over and making stuff harder with better rewards for level 60's.

The down side to this is new players couldn't enjoy the original content. We've seen how changing Split Paw and Cazic effected the live servers, it didn't really generate all that much interest.

Malrubius
05-04-2010, 07:58 PM

The down side to this is new players couldn't enjoy the original content. We've seen how changing Split Paw and Cazic effected the live servers, it didn't really generate all that much interest.

Yeah, these guys obviously know better than to go down that same road that Live went. That's why we're here.

Sparkin
05-04-2010, 08:22 PM

SplitPaw 3.0 was simply too difficult for little to no reward and it was stupid that they took out all the gnolls. Way to ruin a fun zone!

Cazic 3.0 was really popular for quite a while though, cause it actually had some nice loot and they didn't put a bunch of elementals in there that stun you endlessly. That revamp was a success imo.

Oh, and I'm not advocating any revamps for this server at any point heh, just sayin. Keep it pure!

mixxit
05-05-2010, 06:48 AM
This would probably rely on these three and you can probably help with the first:

a) Collecting as much information on the events and providing links to sites with the info
b) Might need more guides with free time to run the event
c) How well the zones would cope