PDA

View Full Version : Kunark, Necro XP guide?

Aroith
03-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I just starting playing again and made an iksar necro. I am sick of all the classic zones, and I want to lvl my necro mainly in Kunark because that expansion is relatively new to me. Was wondering if there was a kunark lvling guide out there or if someone could recommend some zones/camps I should check out in Kunark. My necro is level 16 atm. Thanks!

Rasah
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
You could hit Kurns for a few more levels, then LOIO >> WW >> FV/OT/FM >> DL

Vityaz
03-20-2012, 11:39 PM
WW? Western Wastes from Velious which isn't out?

Zallar
03-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Warsliks Woods.

Swish
03-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Some excellent iksar necro tips here :)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34025&highlight=necro+solo+guide

webrunner5
03-21-2012, 08:23 AM

What he says. You really never need to leave Kunark as a Iksar.

Ikonoclastia
03-21-2012, 08:30 AM
personally I'd skip WW, its one of the most annoying zones in the game for me at least, I like to see where I'm going.

FoxxHound
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
I just starting playing again and made an iksar necro. I am sick of all the classic zones, and I want to lvl my necro mainly in Kunark because that expansion is relatively new to me. Was wondering if there was a kunark lvling guide out there or if someone could recommend some zones/camps I should check out in Kunark. My necro is level 16 atm. Thanks!

Does this happen to be Aroith from VN_DAoC Boards?

Messianic
03-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Stay in Kurns as long as you can with 10-slot containers. You'll build such a cache of bone chips you may *never* run out.

Other than that, my Necro (now 44, I play him seldom) spent basically 34-44 in OT. Yeah, it's not as fast as other areas in terms of raw leveling speed (i.e. if you're skilled enough at managing your pet in a dungeon on barely blue mobs). But it's really easy and you have a crapton of room to fear kite.

EDIT: Oh, and you have a shot with enough kills of snagging a solist's wand, which could net you easily 1.5-2k. I seem to see a glut of people trying to sell them for 2.5-3k.

Bayoyoy
03-21-2012, 08:54 AM

Did the same thing, it does get boring.. but it's consistent and most of the spots on the mainland are overcamped~

and I second, the staying at kurns (your 16 maybe until 20/21).. Really good exp, Bone chips to last you till your 30's maybe 40's :)

Plyssken
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I left Kurn's at 15th and my leveling has S_L_O_W_E_D down greatly. My loot however has gotten MUCH better from the amazing kindness of people on this server.

I had a rocking Upper Guk group that let me loot a pair of bracers in the Scryer room since no one needed them for gear in the group & a high level wood elf rogue who gave me a new robe & a killer offhand book so I could lose the large lantern! Hah.

Anyways, yeah your choice. You can pretty much live out of Lizardland if you want to and level pretty darn well. I just got nostalgic. My leveling speed took a hit but my social and loot went up ;-) Kurns has the rocking XP bonus so it's the best for leveling.

Nagash
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM

This, I started hunting Kurn untwinked at level 8 but I'm a kamikaze.