PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations

envino
03-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm sure you see a lot of posts like this... skip it if you've heard it all before. I just found project 1999 and am stoked out of my mind! I played a necro up thru PoP on live (firiona vie Baerlekker, league of shadows guild) - and then decided to go play Star Wars Galaxies once the EQ expansions started coming fast and furious and the magic started to fade. Played galaxies until that fell apart, (made it all the way to Jedi knight, only to have them ruin it) played EQII, then Vanguard, dabbled with Lotro, Tabula Rasa, and others then WoW. Just the other day, I was playing WoW and hit the wall - WoW is great at a lot of things, but..... ugh. Im sure plenty of you know what I am talking about. Through all that, I never managed to recapture the magic that was EQ. To this day, I see the loading screen, or hear the EQ music and its like going home again. I can still, 10 years later, remember how to get around Neriak, and get to Oggok, and run all the way around to where the Luclin spires were. I miss the adventure, the danger, the comraderie. I still have fond fond memories of friends that I made, and things we did. Epic corpse runs into the bottom of Befallen, rescuing fallen friends, RPing. Man.
I tried the progession stuff a few years back when that came out, but, bam bam bam and it was right back to live.
So, Im sitting here waiting for my copy of titanium to be delivered, and hoping, hoping, hoping, that I can jump back in and find some friends, and recapture some of the lost magic. Its like a first love, youll never have that same magic again, but you can come close. Here's to you guys for running this server!
Trying to decide what to roll, loved my DE Necro but always had a tough time finding groups. Maybe a warrior. I ground out a Jedi Knight in SWG for chissakes, maybe I can hack a warrior.

So, that brings me to a question, is anybody doing any RP these days and are there any old League of Shadows folks kicking around?

Envino

Character name soon to be announced, with any luck.

fadetree
03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Welcome! I'm a new player here myself.

Safon
03-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Welcome home :p

Sylexis
03-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Greetings! I was not in league of shadows myself but you might remember me as Sylexis Vhaerun, DE Warrior of Prime Nightmare.

Nice to see another evil ol' roleplayer around, though I tend not to do much but threaten to eat the gnomes.

envino
03-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, I guess we shall see if I can hack it without maps, and learning languages, and figuring out that clunky ol UI :)

envino
03-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Greetings! I was not in league of shadows myself but you might remember me as Sylexis Vhaerun, DE Warrior of Prime Nightmare.

Nice to see another evil ol' roleplayer around, though I tend not to do much but threaten to eat the gnomes.

Im sorry I dont remember you - I used to run around with, lets see....Shintou, Sutekh, krisance/khisanth, Anrae, Gray, Ikonoclastia, Im sure more will come to mind over time. Cool to reminisce..

Plyssken
03-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Not much roleplaying, it's very classic EQ.

If you play a tank you'll be much more needed in groups then a necro but I'll warn you warrior will make you wish for spells often ;-)

Desired much but man it'd hard to get there.

Slave
03-23-2012, 04:52 PM
So, Im sitting here waiting for my copy of titanium to be delivered,

This simultaneously chokes me up and infuriates me every time.

envino
03-23-2012, 06:40 PM
This simultaneously chokes me up and infuriates me every time.

Why? Total Noob here

envino
03-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Not much roleplaying, it's very classic EQ.

If you play a tank you'll be much more needed in groups then a necro but I'll warn you warrior will make you wish for spells often ;-)

Desired much but man it'd hard to get there.

Gawd. Im having a hard time deciding what to roll. Loved my Necro, but did it once, so I'm thinking a new class might be the ticket, and I spent too much time alone in the wilderness. I really really want to play a DE, Neriak is home so, shaman is out. Id love to be a tank but with server pops as low as they are and as high level char heavy, not being able to solo would suck. I guess im leaning toward DE cleric - although Id like to be able to solo. heheheeheh the dilemma of EQ is what makes it fun. Its a long ride so I want to make the right choice. I wonder if I can hack a chanter. I remember thinking that must be the hardest class to play in the world, getting group aggro if you f up your mezzes.

Plyssken
03-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Try one. If you don't like it switch. I've already been thru multiple class/race changes.

Yardcore
03-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome! Isn't it awesome? I love P99!

envino
03-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Envino - DE cleric :)