PDA

View Full Version : Is this Classic?

Wonton
05-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Mixxit: Dread, Fright, Terror and a Dracholiche will now path to Cazic.

Do golems roam now? I don't remember that.

Uaellaen
05-03-2010, 01:54 AM
dont remember golems pathing either ... they should be static on theyr little pyramid thingies ...

nilbog
05-03-2010, 01:54 AM
http://www.7-13.com/merciless/pof.html

They should path and then return to their pyramids. Should be fixed soon

mixxit
05-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks, yep they're not returning back to their home after running to cazic. I'll get that done for the next patch.

mixxit
05-03-2010, 03:05 AM
fixed

LazyFuj
05-03-2010, 03:38 AM
I don't remember any of the golems DTing or pathing to CT. I went and read the link posted by Nilbog, here is what I got...

C - You hit one of Cazic Thule's immediate family. This consists of 4 mobs - Fright, Dread, Terror, and Dracoliche. The instant anyone hits any of these mobs CT will Zap them. The mob will then try to run to CT to tattle on the rest of the camp. It's important to kill these mobs instantly - do NOT let them get away or you will have to pull them again, which means still more DT'ing. Once one of these mobs are killed you must camp out to clear the argo that was sent to Cazic Thule. Even if we have one of the mobs plus 2 other mobs, once its dead CAMP to CHAT!!!

nilbog
05-03-2010, 04:08 AM
The golems don't DT you. The golems signal CT to DT you. (This happens regardless of range)

The link also says if any of his immediate family get hit (golems), they run TO CT (path).

The problem was that after they pathed to CT, they weren't returning to their pyramids, to start the process over again.

LazyFuj
05-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Oh, I thought the patch notes says the golems now DT, and I thought by pathing meaning they path without any agro.

Sounds good!

Elmo
05-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Fright (level 50), Terror (level 52), and Dread - Be forewarned, the first person to hit, mez, or cast on them will INSTANTLY be DT'd if Cazic is up, so it's usually a good idea to have some ranger or something hit them when they first come into camp to take the DT, then have the enchanter mez.

It's official.
Someone tell Zilo...

astuce999
05-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I used to farm AoN a long time ago, and I would only kill Terror (or at least, just 1 of the golems) because it was the only one that didn`t DT. CT was never up but I remember 2 of the 3 golems still DT'ed which made it impossible to solo as a bard...

Is my memory fubar? or is it something they eventually changed?

Astucexx Subterfuge

Bumamgar
05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Verant revamped poFear post-Kunark when they added the epic drops. This revamp changed a lot of the behavior (including adding DT's to two of the golems directly, and removing the 'run to Cazic on agro' logic as well.)

guineapig
05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm assuming that when CT isn't up the golems and Dracho will act as they always did, correct?

nilbog
05-03-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm assuming that when CT isn't up the golems and Dracho will act as they always did, correct?

Yep.

nilbog
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Verant revamped poFear post-Kunark when they added the epic drops. This revamp changed a lot of the behavior (including adding DT's to two of the golems directly, and removing the 'run to Cazic on agro' logic as well.)

I thought it was later than that to be honest. I remember the revamped CT was a machine at the time O.o

Anyone have a date?

guineapig
05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I thought it was later than that to be honest. I remember the revamped CT was a machine at the time O.o

Anyone have a date?

The first update happened: March 14, 2001

The Planes:

The Planes of Fear and Hate have been updated as part of our two-year celebration. Adventurers in the Plane of Fear will notice that some high-level foes are now available. Rewards for former "boss npcs" have been moved down to underlings that are roughly as powerful as the old bosses were.

The Plane of Hate has also received a large update, but this one also includes the opening of a previously undiscovered part of the zone, now full high-level expansion-oriented content. Much as with Fear, rewards from bosses have been moved.

This happened between Velious and Luclin so technically it should be happening near the end of the server's progression life cycle. Also this coincided with the revamp in Befallen as well.

guineapig
05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Also:

5/16/2000:
Increased the number of frightfingers in the Plane of Fear. Previously only 3 frightfingers would pop per respawn.

Bumamgar
05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Ah, so it was mid-velious

Nysus
05-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Found this page off of the earlier link that Nilbog posted. Its about Hate not Fear but might be some usable info there.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010607192344/http://www.drawmjil.fakta.se/oc/guides/ipren2.htm

LazyFuj
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
they should increase the boogeyman's. Only 5? what was verant thinking!

Wonton
05-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Yep.

thats pretty badass, I never knew that.

BehindMob() by Haynar and now this!~