PDA

View Full Version : Will P99 ever see Velious?

Safon
03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Is Rogean still very involved with the project? Or is it mostly Nilbog and some other devs. Are there enough to make Velious a reality?

Swish
03-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Does the community deserve another expansion? If you factor in the amount of crap Amelinda has to put up with for one, boxing on a server that says "no boxing"... makes it that bit easier if Rogean is 50/50, to just leave it where it is.

I think a lot here is taken for granted. I'd love to see Velious...loved playing in ToFS among others and would maim/kill to play them again on P99, but I could understand if the devs wanted to blow the whistle and call it a day based on some of the BS that goes on.

Jimes
03-24-2012, 08:59 PM
"in about 30 minutes" needs to be reinstated.

Flunklesnarkin
03-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I hope so.. I've made a ton of velious articles on the wiki lol xD

Scavrefamn
03-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Swish's avatar distracts me a lot...

Anyway I hope Velious is implemented.

Celestial Cleansing + Greenmist please!

Flunklesnarkin
03-24-2012, 09:50 PM
is the AoE Complete Heal Velious or is that already in game?

Lazortag
03-24-2012, 10:52 PM
is the AoE Complete Heal Velious or is that already in game?

The group-wide cheal is already in game, although every cleric I know has said that it's not a very good spell.

Sickle
03-24-2012, 10:54 PM
All I want for Christmas is Velious this year...

Flunklesnarkin
03-24-2012, 11:05 PM
The group-wide cheal is already in game, although every cleric I know has said that it's not a very good spell.

I could see it being situational

it is more expensive to cast 1100 mana if wiki is to be believed.

but its also 11 second to cast (CH like 20 secs)

so if you are in a dps group that got aoe'd.. and can heal them all up fast.. mighth be worth casting.

or something with wicked poison / dots

Within99
03-24-2012, 11:39 PM
I hope they add Velious it would make my Iksar SK Grind easier.

achtung
03-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I have faith, and I keep donating :)

Heavydrop
03-25-2012, 12:42 AM
I for one would love it if P99 did Velious. There is so much I missed out on because I was in Basic and AIT for the Army and then relocating to Fort Hood, TX.
Velious is as far as I would ever want it to go. There is so much I have missed out on and its so great being here and getting a chance to do it so close to how it was back then

Aroith
03-25-2012, 06:42 AM
I have seen a lot of threads asking about Velious. In all of them a GM has never responded. Makes me think it may end on Kunark :(

Flunklesnarkin
03-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Well if you ever clicked the "about the server link" on the home page it says this on their overall design / direction of the server.

http://www.project1999.org/index.php?pageid=about

Quoting for those too lazy to click link ;p

"Project 1999 started development in 2008, and was released in October of 2009. The mission of the project is to create the classic feeling that many had during the early days of Everquest during those time periods, starting with Classic content and releasing the other expansions and content on a similar timeline that was experienced on Live. The server will stop at Velious, at which point many options will be considered, including possible custom content that will maintain the spirit of the game, and/or an additional new server starting over at Pre-Kunark.

Project 1999 Red is a PvP Server run with the same framework as the main server, with some modifications for a better Classic PvP Experience. The PvP Server started in Classic and will follow a similar but slightly escalated timeline."

Tuffpuppy
03-25-2012, 08:32 AM
I doubt that they put all this work into creating a great server, just to fall short of their goal. It may be later rather then sooner, but I'm sure it will come eventually. It isn't a very easy expansion to recreate, but I have faith.

thxer
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
They've stated the project will extend to Velious and the server is going strong, so why wouldn't it?

I bet threads like these are annoying as hell for them. =/

Flunklesnarkin
03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
ehh.. there is so much stuff added with velious it would be impossible for this population server to poopsock everything lol.

I for one think it will help the situation.

Safon
03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
I kinda lost motivation to play my main and only log on 1-2 hours a week to kill stuff with my monk and log back off... The grind with a 40% hybrid penalty is just stupid and the fact there is limited end game gear for iksar SKs.

That being said... With all the dramas over the current end game raid content, Vellious will only cause more problems with guilds exploiting their way to being the first to wake the sleeper.

Not really getting the classic feel in the game's current state of overinflated prices due to early plat duping, not to mention things like Frenzy, which were perma camped with groups of players with waiting lists to join the group, now being perma camped by high level characters for plat or alts...

Eq isn't for everyone, WoW might be more your speed

thxer
03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
ehh.. there is so much stuff added with velious it would be impossible for this population server to poopsock everything lol.

I for one think it will help the situation.

I agree with this. Velious added a LOT. And there's always the PoM grind to kill lots of time!

Bwils
03-25-2012, 08:25 PM
na they are skipping Velious, Luclin is coming out next.

Fwank
03-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Does the community deserve another expansion? If you factor in the amount of crap Amelinda has to put up with for one, boxing on a server that says "no boxing"... makes it that bit easier if Rogean is 50/50, to just leave it where it is.

I think a lot here is taken for granted. I'd love to see Velious...loved playing in ToFS among others and would maim/kill to play them again on P99, but I could understand if the devs wanted to blow the whistle and call it a day based on some of the BS that goes on.

Exactly what this guy said.

Rushmore
03-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Not really getting the classic feel in the game's current state of overinflated prices due to early plat duping, not to mention things like Frenzy, which were perma camped with groups of players with waiting lists to join the group, now being perma camped by high level characters for plat or alts...

might wanna try Red99 faster xp there as well

Danyelle
03-26-2012, 12:58 AM
na they are skipping Velious, Luclin is coming out next.