PDA

View Full Version : Something odd about SOW (Not the patch issue)

djaekimaar
05-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Firstly to apologise if this is a known, I have looked around the forum and not spotted anything.
If I use the spells_us etc to be downloaded I get v different spells with the same symbol. E.g. Snare and SOW and Shield of Thistles and Grasping roots.
I understand from talking to other Druids that this is normal and was the case in 1999. My son is playing a Cleric and despite being told otherwise didnt take the spells_us. His spells all work fine with no problem. (Apart from the cards)
If I swap back to the std spells_us all my spells are fine with the exception of SOW, and I have all the spell icons I want (not quite the oldest set - defualt_old) and the spell effects. But SOW I cant cast or memorise. Nothing to do with the patch (3rd May) as it was the same before and after.
So the question is - is the just the way it is and I have to live with it, Or am I doing something wrong ? I tried tinkering with Spells_us to modify which icons were used but the key I had gave the icon location as 2501 I think which didnt mean much. I also copied the SOW line from eqchanges Spell_us to the std Spell_us and that seemed to have no impact. I am more than happy to do the donkey work to get icons spell efects as I want , but a guide to what to do would be handy. Or is 1999 before when this sort of thing was possible. Thanks for your patience