PDA

View Full Version : Charged rogue poisons

PearlJammzz
05-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Anyone know when the charged poisons were added? Was it Velious? Someone mentioned Kunark to me last night, but I am pretty sure it wasn't that soon.

Kinamur1999
05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
it was pop.

Jeebus
05-03-2010, 12:59 PM
it was pop.

truth!

I looked it up the other day

PearlJammzz
05-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Damn this is going to suck...time to get lots of 10-slot bags haha.

Do the poisons ever become stackable?

guineapig
05-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Are rogue poisons working correctly now?

Kinamur1999
05-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Classic poisons were never stackable, and always 1 shot. Leveling up in classic it was hard to keep skilled and really wasn't worth it you normally don't have time to do it between pulls, it comes in handy on the occasional named but you cant leave a fight to sit down and apply poison for a 1shot chance at root or any other garbage effect.

I really only recall using the snare/slow poison to solo, the high end dot dds were a huge pain in the ass to try and farm components, but i hated farming so i stuck to the merchant bought reagents.

Edit* as far as them working correctly I'm not sure but I think I saw a guildy leveling it up

guineapig
05-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Sounds kind of beat.

Do poisons get better in Kunark or Velious? If nothing else it might be worth just skilling up in it in preparation for the expansions.

And thanks for the info.

Hasbinbad
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Poisons are one of those things that they SHOULD fix for this project, but they are probably not going to. Outside of duels, it's an utterly useless skill at this point as each poison can cost quite a bit for very little effect over time.

Kinamur1999
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Poisons are one of those things that they SHOULD fix for this project, but they are probably not going to. Outside of duels, it's an utterly useless skill at this point as each poison can cost quite a bit for very little effect over time.

100%

r()gue!

Pyrocat
05-04-2010, 03:57 AM

W()rd.

siinge
05-04-2010, 03:59 AM

yea customize stuff that wasnt in classic thats not classic makes sense

if you do this you might as well open up everything...

like all the post kunark spells.. since it will "help us now" stuff will trivialize content yes even pueny rogue poisions

i vote no

Kinamur1999
05-04-2010, 07:52 AM
i vote no

Of course you do! Its every casters job to keep melee in their place, bastards!

Pyrocat
05-04-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't care about stacking as much as having poison do more than an initial proc that can fail. At some point they made poisons buffs which would add a proc to your weapon (instead of a 1 shot per poison thing), but I have a sinking feeling that it was post velious.

Kinamur1999
05-04-2010, 08:22 AM
It was pop, and still not that good.

75dd proc would be great now but theyd have to scale it to classic making it useless like the rest of poisons

firesyde424
05-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Poisons were one of the skills that I never quite understood what the developers were thinking. Especially with the high cost of a few of the poisons that were remotely useful from day to day. If I imagine a poisoned dagger in my mind, stabbing someone with it wouldn't negate the poison's effect for a second attack, especially if you were using a particularly nasty poison.

I realize that the classic experience was harder, much harder and that is one of the draws for me. When I accomplish something, it really feels like I have done something because it took effort on my part. But classic poisons are something that just didn't make sense. IMO, this should be changed to the charge system.

PearlJammzz
05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
So far it's been pretty spendy to level up, but it's coming along. Also for some reason the animal-based DD doesn't work on wolfs. I'm going to have to try this again lol.

Ya. The only use for it is if you are in a raid or taking on a hard boss mob that is a nasty melee or something. Soloing it would be good too, but ya it's largely useless.

I do have another question though. Make poison skills goes to 250...does this count as your 1 main tradeskill you can get to 200+? Or since it's a class-specific tradeskill does it not matter? Meaning I could be 250 in tailoring, and 250 in make poison? or just 250 in make poison?

Also, when does it lock you into your main tradeskill? The first one to hit 201?