PDA

View Full Version : EZ server info

MeleeMurder
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Im wondering can you play this with the mods made for project 1999? And is the anywhere i can read whats different? Are just the mobs ez or do you get more exp and loot also. LMK Thanks

Glitterati
03-26-2012, 06:01 PM
http://ezserveronline.com/

completely different than anything on p99

MeleeMurder
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
So the files have to be changed? You cant do both?

Danyelle
03-26-2012, 06:35 PM
That is correct. And that is in fact the way it works with all EQEmu servers. Every one is different. The changes put in on one server will not be compatible with the other. This is why they tell you to back any file you change up before copying over changed files at server set up (and the patcher should do it for you).

It's preferable for you to just have two installs. One for P99, the other for another server of your choice. For example my Titanium install is for P99, my Underfoot install is for PEQ.

Kika Maslyaka
03-26-2012, 10:10 PM
its mostly P99 that is so much different :D
majority of minor servers are mostly all compatible

Danyelle
03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Spell files are always changed though, people customize spells too much. Globalload gets changed a lot as well for pets and illusions.

So still incompatible :P

Kika Maslyaka
03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
global load is graphical only, so technically not a required file ;)

spellfile- even if custom usually only matters when talking about of new custom spells added or modified (your client really doesn't cae if your heal heals 100 points client side and 500 points server side for example) - if you just want to login into a server to take a look around - again won't really matter.
You would only be in real trouble if someone casts on you some sort of buff your client doesn't recognize, or their custom spell has been completely rewritten, that it doesn't include the bulk of standard Titanium spells.
Not saying you can play normally without one, but you could still log in and run around to see whats the server is about before committing yourself to playing there

P99 is different in that regard that you can't even connect to the server unless you have all the right files.