PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Faction

Calais
03-27-2012, 02:12 AM
Have already read the great guides for raising faction, but in some old threads I notice that previously on P99 Iksars could go to Grobb, Oggok, Neriak, and EFP Tunnels to bank and buy spells/train (in EFP for the latter). Some posts mentioned this wasnt how it should be.

Has this been changed? Or can Iksar Necromancers still buy spells in the EFP tunnels?

Kope
03-27-2012, 11:34 AM
The Iksar faction wasn't as negative with the other races as it should have been, this has been fixed. You can still sell to "true neutral" vendors such as the klok in OT or the EFP tunnel but if you want to bank anywhere but cab you're going to have to do faction work.

jballe3
03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
i heard that if you help in killing lucan, doesn't that automatically raise your faction to non kos in NFP, and automatically drop your faction to kos in like wfp??

if this is true, i was looking to maybe help with that on my iksar lol

Wudan
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
.....but if you want to bank anywhere but cab you're going to have to do faction work.

Not true actually. Iksars can bank in freeport without faction, just invis, get in the bank, target tha banker from across the wall where the door is, uninvis and ur banking.

Messianic
03-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Not true actually. Iksars can bank in freeport without faction, just invis, get in the bank, target tha banker from across the wall where the door is, uninvis and ur banking.

So you're saying Iksar are glower to the banker, just not the mean guards?

Swish
03-27-2012, 12:18 PM
With a shed load of farming in Crushbone you'll be able to bank in Felwithe (not Kelethin) using the same method.... just invis up to the bank, stand behind the banker and bank that way. Not hugely useful unless you've been busy in Kedge, Unrest or MM or something, but the option is there :)

Danyelle
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
With a shed load of farming in Crushbone you'll be able to bank in Felwithe (not Kelethin) using the same method.... just invis up to the bank, stand behind the banker and bank that way. Not hugely useful unless you've been busy in Kedge, Unrest or MM or something, but the option is there :)

Have fun trying to faction in Crushbone though. Zone is, understandably, usually swarmed with lowbies and, unless you can do something like toss a heal/DS on the tank mid fight to get on the hate list for faction hits, you're going to be either pissing a lot of noobs off or they're gonna be pissing you off.

Messianic
03-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Have fun trying to faction in Crushbone though. Zone is, understandably, usually swarmed with lowbies and, unless you can do something like toss a heal/DS on the tank mid fight to get on the hate list for faction hits, you're going to be either pissing a lot of noobs off or they're gonna be pissing you off.

Most of the time i've been to crushbone, the mobs inside the castle are usually left untouched. Killing DVinn is probably a pretty big faction hit, too...

Calais
03-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks all. Not sure if I'm cut out for an evil character.

SirAlvarex
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
So you're saying Iksar are glower to the banker, just not the mean guards?

Used to be that way, but now the bankers are scowling as well.

But if you stay in the corridor by the entrance and use third person camera to view the banker you can use them without gaining aggro. I've done this on an Ogre that was KoS to the bankers but dubious to the guards.

gnatte
03-28-2012, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AivVHTCXdSo this video shows how to do the banking trick.

Swish
03-28-2012, 01:46 AM

Well true, my troll SK levelled there and I found out that way...you could totally do it in the offpeak hours though, if time and lifestyle allow.

gnomishfirework
03-28-2012, 02:24 AM
http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/07/30/the_iksar_handbook_of_infiltration/

DoucLangur
03-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Fastest way to get yourself to good faction with North Freeport is turning in Milk to Mojax Hikspin - you need indiff faction with him I believe to start the quest, and shared wolf form should get you that from your starting faction.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Mojax_Hikspin

For the actual FP merchant faction (Coalition of Tradefolk) you will have to do something else - I am not sure but I think Rebby's Rat Whiskers should be doable for evils (hopefully Iksar, too):
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Note_for_Rebby

Have fun!

Messianic
03-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Used to be that way, but now the bankers are scowling as well.

But if you stay in the corridor by the entrance and use third person camera to view the banker you can use them without gaining aggro. I've done this on an Ogre that was KoS to the bankers but dubious to the guards.

Ah, good old NPC interaction around a corner :D Used that to do part of my epics on live...

jballe3
03-28-2012, 09:55 AM
anyone have insight on the whole killing lucan d'lere thing to bounce your faction up to non kos in nfp, but kos to wfp??

Farrakhan
03-28-2012, 04:46 PM
I can walk around pretty freely in both elf cities, and I can fully bank in Kaladim, as I'm amiable to dorfs. I basically lived in Crushbone for 4 levels, and turned in CB belts and shoulders when I was apprehensive in Kaladim (though careful on the turn-in..there is a pally in a room near the turn-in mob that will always be KoS to you).

There are also some traitor/bandit dorfs in butcherblock that give you faction for merchants and rogues in butcherblock. I killed about 30 of them to get me the necessary faction for the rogues that hang out in the bank in Kaladim.

Sadako
Shaman of 19 Seasons

webrunner5
03-28-2012, 10:09 PM
If you are new to EQ or want to farm stuff for other alts being a Evil class is not the best idea in the game.

You have to know what you are doing to run around as a Evil and not die 50 times. In this game dying sucks, just totally sucks. I know some classes are evil but even a Human Necro is a shit pot better than being a Iksar Necro for a new person.

This game is hard as hell being normal. Let alone making your life miserable being a Iksar or a Dark Elf. By the way I have 2 of them. I like the challange, but if you have doubts forget it. YOU might find yourself kicking the first thing you see once and awhile.

Boilon
03-28-2012, 11:27 PM
for Iksar's I think one of the easiest factions to get low level is Rivervale, all you do is hand in bandages lol

Wudan
03-29-2012, 05:58 AM
for Iksar's I think one of the easiest factions to get low level is Rivervale, all you do is hand in bandages lol

can u pls link the quest? Thank you!