PDA

View Full Version : The worst has happened...

Deathrydar
05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
I went to finally go purchase my bronze leggings, the last peice I needed to complete my set, when I was chased by fire goblins and fell into the big lava pit in lavastorm. I have no one to blame but myself, but being that I am not in a large guild and have no real friends due to being such a low level, I am not ready to start over again.

Who knows, maybe I will be back when I want to start a new character again. Until then, everyone be cool and have fun!!! :)

girth
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Uhh you could always ask for a hand in ooc, there are tons of nice, helpful people on the server.

Deathrydar
05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Usually when I see people ask for help in ooc, the response is "stfu n00b" lol.

Shawkab24
05-03-2010, 11:25 PM
someone can drag your corpse..

mgellan
05-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Do we play on the same server? I've found the opposite...

Uaellaen
05-03-2010, 11:46 PM
depends on what time of the day you play :p

look me up in game, i drag your corpse out ...

Spud
05-03-2010, 11:48 PM
I can get you back to your corpse is like 2 minute seeing that the druid ring is like 10 feet away from that lava pit. /Corpse should be able to drag it out of the lava, especially if you levitate over it.

give me a /tell in game

dannym3141
05-03-2010, 11:50 PM

I have never seen this happen. Ever. I'll add you to friends and see if you've got it back.

Malrubius
05-03-2010, 11:56 PM
I'd help if I was higher level. I'm sure there are many people willing to help you here.

But you kind of need to throw caution into the wind and ASK somebody, of all things. :eek:

Ektar
05-04-2010, 01:35 AM
yeah wtf I'll swim down there and find it. lemme know if you haven't gotten it yet. don't be such a girl! just kidding. but seriously.

Elendae
05-04-2010, 01:45 AM
sounds like a challenge to me.

Gwence
05-04-2010, 02:03 AM
wow you give up really easy, especially as a bard. Get a levitate and use your locate corpse song and do it yourself.

Loke
05-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Hay guise,
So yea, I totally died in a place where I can't get my corpse, but instead of asking for help like a normal person, I'm going to make a ridiculous post on the forums and passive agressively hope that someone will help me. If they don't, I just don't think I'll be able to go on seeing as how I put like a whole *maybe* 8 hours into the 11 levels and set of bronze my character has. I could never ever in a million years (or 8 hours) recover from such a loss.

Fixed. Prior to reading this ridiculous post, I would have gladly helped you, had you asked.

siinge
05-04-2010, 03:57 AM
wow you give up really easy, especially as a bard. Get a levitate and use your locate corpse song and do it yourself.

qft

id say go back to wow, you wont hack it on this server if you cant handle a very easy cr, your corpse is near solb and sola HEAVY traffic areas for higher lvl people who can assist you or cast a single spell on you so you can cr yourself...

i bet you didnt ask one person for any help.. everquest is about community

we dont need quitters here we need team players

i vote go if you cant hang over a little lava

Deathrydar
05-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Besides the last two posts, I almost teared up when I saw the responses that happened here overnight. I really appreciate the offers to help me get my corpse back, I really do.

I am going to take you guys/gals up on your offer, I honestly thought there was no way to get the corpse back once it goes in there because it is so deep.

And to the last two posters: Hey, I know this game is rough and I came on here and it seemed like I gave up and whined like a bitch, and if you got that from my post, I apologize. Sometimes frustration gets the best of us.

Omnimorph
05-04-2010, 07:31 AM
If you'd asked ooc you'd have gotten pretty much the same responses you have here... some people being helpful, some ... not so helpful.

You have a defeatist attitude, people don't like that. In EQ very little comes to you without effort, and QQ quitting over a possible lost corpse means you probably won't go very far.

stormlord
05-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Fixed. Prior to reading this ridiculous post, I would have gladly helped you, had you asked.

Umm, 8 hours? On average, it has taken me a day of /playtime to get level 10. That's a lot faster than in 1999 (14 days and level 13 or 14), but a whole lot slower than what you say.

I suggest people help him get his corpse rather than antagonize him.

If i was hte OP, I would probably ask around. Somebody could swim to get it after you give them /consent, is my best guess. You have a locate corpse song, but not sure you can use it - maybe if you have levitate. There're a lot of people who will help you. Right now, the best way to get that help is to use /ooc, but if you like doing things the hard way, run over to more populated zones (is what i do). If you run around the lava, you may be able to drag your corpse, depending on how far away it is. Necro's can summon corpse.

My worst death so far was in the water at blackburrow. I was level 4 so I couldn't get it my self. At level 5 I could have used spell: camouflage to get it. A high lvl got it for me.

eqdruid76
05-04-2010, 08:10 AM
I have never seen this happen. Ever. I'll add you to friends and see if you've got it back.

You must have /ooc turned off. I bet you've never seen the sex story get spammed for 45 minutes at a time either....

Deathrydar
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't think I am going to be able to /corpse it because it is the huge, DEEP lava pit by solb and sola. I mean, no, I didn't try, but I don't see how it is going to work with the current range of /corpse.

And I didn't think it was possible to swim in that lava. It hit me for 32,000 points of damage. Even with resist gear, is it possible to navigate that lava pit?

Omnimorph
05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I suggest people help him get his corpse rather than antagonize him.

Don't think anyone has a problem with helping him, more to do with the fact he didn't ask for help, more like he just said he's quitting. If he's quitting then why help him?

There's alot of decent people on this server who would be more than willing to help, the fact he doesn't ask but rather just says "i'm done" suggests that he never really wanted to play in the first place.

If this grieves him then what is he to expect when he gets multiple corpses on a CR, the ones where you lose hours and hours of exp.

AR3151
05-04-2010, 09:14 AM

this is correct, i have had people do the same thing to me, another friend of mine had it happen 2 days ago when he questioned mob aggro when rooted.

most people are fucking dicks that get off from calling people noob and shit rather than helping.

if i had a necro i would summon, but im with you, low level.

Barkingturtle
05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
if i had a necro i would summon, but im with you, low level.

Nub.

AR3151
05-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Nub.

case and point! :D

Deathrydar
05-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Don't think anyone has a problem with helping him, more to do with the fact he didn't ask for help, more like he just said he's quitting. If he's quitting then why help him?

There's alot of decent people on this server who would be more than willing to help, the fact he doesn't ask but rather just says "i'm done" suggests that he never really wanted to play in the first place.

If this grieves him then what is he to expect when he gets multiple corpses on a CR, the ones where you lose hours and hours of exp.

I agree with you, completely! But I was hoping that we could move past it at this point.

Deathrydar
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
this is correct, i have had people do the same thing to me, another friend of mine had it happen 2 days ago when he questioned mob aggro when rooted.

most people are fucking dicks that get off from calling people noob and shit rather than helping.

It seems that some people have experienced this, and some have not. Sometimes it is hard to see ooc because of the insane amount of spam that goes thru it on a daily basis.

BlackBellamy
05-04-2010, 11:01 AM
If everyone quit when they fell into the laval the server would be denuded in two months. Someone will help, have faith.

pogs4ever
05-04-2010, 11:09 AM
isnt /corpse in classic z-axis independent?

just get a 'dead man floating' buff from a high level necro in north freeport. locate corpse song and just float along the top of the lava spamming /corpse macro.

Deathrydar
05-04-2010, 11:10 AM
It seems that the combination of losing faith in the ooc community, plus being frustrated that I lost all of the experience I gained last night and I have limited time to play, plus being so excited to purchase the final peice of my bronze armor only to die and lose my corpse, plus being tired, and plus a six pack of Stella Artois, caused me to act like a little whiney bitch.

Again, I can only apologize and agree with everyone so many times.....

Loke
05-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Umm, 8 hours? On average, it has taken me a day of /playtime to get level 10... +WORDS

Umm, yea. I think 1-11 is very possible in 8 hours. Everyone levels at their own pace, and if it takes you a day to get to 10, that is fine. However, I'm simply approximating the amount of time it would take to recoup from his loss assuming that was his goal. How long something CAN take versus how long it DID take are two different things. Just because it took you 24 hours doesnt mean it can't be done in 8.

As for the rest of your post, I don't think anyone was going out of their way to antagonize him. It's just annoying to see someone make a post about quitting over a little exp and armor loss without even asking for help. Plus, by his own admission he didnt even TRY to get his corpse... he simply assumed that it was a lost cause and came here to make his ridiculous post. That is why I have no sympathy for the guy and responded to his post how I did.

Izzni
05-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I was in a royals group a couple days ago with people bragging about how on live they used trade bugs along with bait and switch to screw people. That wasn't the first group that I've seen that had a conversation like that. My point being is that there are a lot more assholes on this server than live.

As for some useful suggestions, since the corpse command is zaxis independent, try bumming a Lev from Guy heading into sol B. Since most people are anon, be prepared for some insults when you ask for a Lev from a class that can't Lev. In the future, skip ooc and send a tell to a someone in Divinity explaining your new and need help, since moat of them are not asses.

AR3151
05-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I was in a royals group a couple days ago with people bragging about how on live they used trade bugs along with bait and switch to screw people. That wasn't the first group that I've seen that had a conversation like that. My point being is that there are a lot more assholes on this server than live.

As for some useful suggestions, since the corpse command is zaxis independent, try bumming a Lev from Guy heading into sol B. Since most people are anon, be prepared for some insults when you ask for a Lev from a class that can't Lev. In the future, skip ooc and send a tell to a someone in Divinity explaining your new and need help, since moat of them are not asses.

agreed to the guys in Divinty, all the ones i have ran into have been super nice and given free buffs.

there are alot of assholes for sure on here.

i sow everyone i see if i can, lol. im trying to get away from the assholes and be nice myself :D

Izzni
05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Most*

Omnimorph
05-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Well anyways, if you still haven't got your body back and i'm online shoot me a tell, i'll see if i can't fish it out for you. (provided one of the nice people here haven't already ;))

Deathrydar
05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I have defintely changed my outlook on the population here, but it's a shame that newer people to the server may get the impression that I have from watching people ask questions in ooc.

But it doesn't matter. I really appreciate everyone offering to help. Tonight when I get online I will start to make the trek to Lavastorm and I will ask for help in ooc. :)

Brut
05-04-2010, 12:42 PM
... but it's a shame that newer people to the server may get the impression that I have from watching people ask questions in ooc.
I guess they asked "can I box here"? =p
Most questions get proper answers, as far as I can tell.

Ektar
05-04-2010, 12:42 PM
last night I dove in the lavapit just to see if I could find it. it was really red down there, unfortunately, and I couldn't really see... ran out of hp before I could do a proper sweep! But it's okay. plenty more hp where those came from~

mgellan
05-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I have defintely changed my outlook on the population here, but it's a shame that newer people to the server may get the impression that I have from watching people ask questions in ooc.

But it doesn't matter. I really appreciate everyone offering to help. Tonight when I get online I will start to make the trek to Lavastorm and I will ask for help in ooc. :)

If you're in zone use /shout instead so the asshats don't get a crack at you in /ooc :)

Regards,
Mg

Droxx
05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
last night I dove in the lavapit just to see if I could find it. it was really red down there, unfortunately, and I couldn't really see... ran out of hp before I could do a proper sweep! But it's okay. plenty more hp where those came from~

More paladinistic words have never been spoken!

Ektar
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
/highfive