PDA

View Full Version : GM zone? Quick question

Turp
03-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this, back in the day when Kunark first came out on live i was iksar shm and on my way to Kurns Tower, i went to zone in but it didnt zone me it let me go behind the zone walls at kurns and there was this Red/Black ball of Fire i clicked it and it zoned me into something like Chome or so (cannot remember exact name) but i fell for 100k dmg an died an a GM had to get my corpse back for me but i was never told anything about where i ended up or what it was so i assume it is a GM zone?, can anyone comment on this, Thanks

cyryllis
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54IV8E6Fng

CS (customer service) home zone, available to guides and gms

its really not that exciting of a zone...its very small, but at least it has an arena i guess =/

(oh and it has an NPC outside in a tent named after gm who died. There might be more now, but when i was a guide back in 03-04 there was just the one.)

Turp
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
thanks

heartbrand
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Pretty boring zone. Has a little doggy that the GM's used to claim during guide training could attack you or some BS (lol roleplayers), the torch bearer NPC, armor NPC's, and then a GM area inside which sold stuff like the badges for guides and newb gear for PC's and what not.

cyryllis
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
and gnome sandwiches

Stragor
03-29-2012, 06:35 PM
i remember one time a friend and i were both trying to log into the same account back in 2000 and a GM transported me to an exitless room in qeynos sewers. i logged and deleted the toon lol!

Turp
03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
i remember one time a friend and i were both trying to log into the same account back in 2000 and a GM transported me to an exitless room in qeynos sewers. i logged and deleted the toon lol! Lol, i remember that zone / room for rooting someone when they had mobs on them running to zone on Vallon Zek PvP , even though i did not see the mobs until way after root was landed ( you know how they trail far back an can even be across the zone still aggro) i got suspended

edgrubermn
03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
i remember one time a friend and i were both trying to log into the same account back in 2000 and a GM transported me to an exitless room in qeynos sewers. i logged and deleted the toon lol!

Those were the "Time out" rooms... I vaguely recall GM's using them once or twice when I was guiding on Live. I believe they were colered with pastel colors because it was supposed to be a soothing room for people to look at and calm down or somesuch... I had a GM summon me there one day as a prank on my Apprentice Guide, since I couldn't get back out.

cshome was pretty boring, but as a Guide, you tend to hang out there training new guides. Other than that, I spent most of my time running around exploring. Other than training sessions and whatnot, Apprentice Guides weren't supposed to hang out up there, so they didn't get into trouble.

azxten
03-30-2012, 02:05 PM

I got ported to that room once when I created a MQ2 macro to spam /shout in GFay trade zone. On my friends computer after I was ported I saw the GM shouted to the zone something like, "This player has been dealt with."

Meanwhile I was nuking myself to death, got back to bind while they were zoning into Qeynos to talk to me, and started my shout macro again.

Many luls were had.

Sirken
03-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this, back in the day when Kunark first came out on live i was iksar shm and on my way to Kurns Tower, i went to zone in but it didnt zone me it let me go behind the zone walls at kurns and there was this Red/Black ball of Fire i clicked it and it zoned me into something like Chome or so (cannot remember exact name) but i fell for 100k dmg an died an a GM had to get my corpse back for me but i was never told anything about where i ended up or what it was so i assume it is a GM zone?, can anyone comment on this, Thanks

you can't enter the GM zone (CShome) without the zone file for that zone. it was not available to the public, so i doubt you went there.

however there are a bunch of "detention" areas set up across the world.

one such room is plastered with cat heads on the walls

Rogean
03-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Those rooms were not intended to be 'detention' or 'time out' rooms, but they were useful for that purpose. They were simply there because it was location 0, 0, 0 in coordinates, which is where GM's were originally sent when using their zone command. This is why many of these rooms have coordinates posted on the walls.

erog84
03-30-2012, 05:55 PM
you can't enter the GM zone (CShome) without the zone file for that zone. it was not available to the public, so i doubt you went there.

This is correct. When I was a guide, they had to give me the file for cshome. I remember once I got summoned into a room probably 10x10 with bright white walls..... was not fun :(

Turp
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM

Yea im not sure if it was CShome to be exact i just know it was behind Kurns Tower zone line this red/black orb an i clicked it an zoned,even had levitate on an it killed me for massive fall dmg.

khanable
03-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I spent many days trying to figure out how to get underneath Kurn's tower. I would sit quick against the wall and you could see inside that little pillar with the ball on it.

Always wondered what the hell that thing was. Is this what you're talking about?

Also, that locked door in (I think) Cabilis with the human chick in it? What was that all about?!

Turp
04-01-2012, 01:43 AM
I spent many days trying to figure out how to get underneath Kurn's tower. I would sit quick against the wall and you could see inside that little pillar with the ball on it.

Always wondered what the hell that thing was. Is this what you're talking about?

Also, that locked door in (I think) Cabilis with the human chick in it? What was that all about?!
Yea thats it , cool didnt know you could sit an see it through the wall, you click it an die is all i know lol it was when kunark first came out.
I know what your talking about the chick in cab but have no clue why she is locked up there but know i seen people sit an aggro pull her threw wall back in the day.

Secrets
04-01-2012, 04:29 AM
Actually, if you read the post, the place that guy got teleported to was actually inside of the kurns tower zoneline. There was a clickie orb that teleported you inside of it (can't remember where) but when you clicked it, it would put you under the world in a specific spot.

Since you didn't have lev, the fall killed you because at the time falling damage was calculated in terms of how far the distance was between you and when you hit land again, there was no calculation of time falling or anything like they do now.

It still may work on eqmac though, that'd be something fun to do. You basically lev to the top of kurns tower. Wolf form and lev should allow you to climb to the tip top.

Maze513
04-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Sadly Ive spent some time in the "Cat Box" on live lol dont remember what zone it was in. But if you've ever been in it you remember lol
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/mediabox/befallen-cats.jpg

Kika Maslyaka
04-01-2012, 11:41 AM
looks like Befalen?