PDA

View Full Version : Specialization for Druid

beev
04-02-2012, 11:34 AM
So I hit 30, yay hell level.. Anyways, I had a question on what I should have specialized in.

I plan on solo'ing my whole career if do-able and then eventually making a career out of powerleveling. So, should I do alteration which deals with snares/roots/ports/heals, or should I be doing Evocation?

I am currently at around 100 specialization in alteration so I will have to do the quest if I want to reset and switch if need be.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

edgrubermn
04-02-2012, 12:00 PM
If you plan to solo, it's probably more useful to you to do Evo... the potential mana savings for your AEs will be more useful if you plan to kite. As for the PL aspect, that's better served by Alteration, but unless you're needing to spam spells, it's probably not an issue. Further to consider if you plan to root rot, Conjuration affects all your dot spells. Given what you plan to do, I'd suggest Evo, but if you ever plan, or find out you want to group, Alteration.

Jasonz
04-02-2012, 12:25 PM
My druid just hit 30 also, and I went with evo. I played an end-game druid back on live in the early days and used evo much more than anything else. Of course, it will depend on your play style.

beev
04-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I think you guys are right.. Alteration spells (root/snare) generally don't cost a ton of mana (except for ports) and I use evocation much more so it makes sense I switch over.. Nice little 250pp mistake I made (cost of a ruby).

The quest to reset specialization still works right?

Handull
04-09-2012, 12:15 AM
you should note that the fire line of dots are evocation, and those are the most mana efficient ones anyway, making evo still the best choice for you (the 53 dot isn't too usefull for leveling up, imo)