PDA

View Full Version : Starting a character...

theblaz
05-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I think it is about time I got sucked back into the EQ world. :)

I am trying to determine which class to play, or what the server needs would be. I have played EQ (off and on) since the launch, up until one of the last few expansions. I have played many of the classes, but generally played a mage most of the time.

If there seems to be a lack of a particular class, I would certainly be interested in playing one of those. I'm open to suggestions!

Blaz

P.S, if there are any Fantasy Awakened (Vazaelle/Maelin) or Wrathful Inquisition (Combine) players let me know!

Gweed
05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I will get the standard reply out of the way:

Play what you want!

As far as what is lacking, or what is needed on p1999, I would say tanks are always in demand, rangers are a rare breed, and you cannot sneeze without seeing a druid or a mage.

Bumamgar
05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Wrathful Inquisition is alive and well on p99 :)

guineapig
05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I will get the standard reply out of the way:

Play what you want!

As far as what is lacking, or what is needed on p1999, I would say tanks are always in demand, rangers are a rare breed, and you cannot sneeze without seeing a druid or a mage.

Truth!

Tanks are still in higher demand than clerics simply because you can usually get 2 druids per group. And rangers are by far the rarest class on this server.

Just keep in mind with your choices that classic race and class exp penalties are all in full effect here.

L2Phantom
05-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Wrathful Inquisition is alive and well on p99 :)

Wasn't that the guild I was in on Stromm? Didn't you used to play with Burnord, Rumpee/Bagga your boxes, and Lacuna doing ST warder farming?

Bumamgar
05-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Wasn't that the guild I was in on Stromm? Didn't you used to play with Burnord, Rumpee/Bagga your boxes, and Lacuna doing ST warder farming?

No, there's never been a Wrathful Inquisition on Stromm, nor do I recognize those character names. Sorry!

L2Phantom
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh, shoot, WI was from either Mayong or the Progression servers yeah? I think I mixed up the guild Decerto Verum from Stromm with you guys.

Bumamgar
05-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Yes, WI was formed on the Combine :)