PDA

View Full Version : Lookint at spellbook at 35+ to med?

Klanghin
05-06-2010, 08:02 AM
From a closed thread:

casters dont have to look at a book till 30 to med

Level 35.

Unfixable, afaik.

So does this mean we actually have to look at the book to med at lvl 35??

If so...i didnt notice.

Gaimcap
05-06-2010, 08:19 AM
This means that in original EQ classic, until you hit level 35, you used to HAVE to be looking inside of your spell book for meditation to work, not just sit. Once you hit 35, things would be as they are now and you'd wouldn't have to.

AR3151
05-06-2010, 09:21 AM
no you dont have to look at your book to meditate, i gain skill points at lvl 5 without looking.

Cscott
05-07-2010, 04:22 PM
God I cant imagine how boring that must have been for clerics back in the day. They spent 90% of their playtime re-arraging spell gems rofl.

Tallenn
05-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Not just clerics, lol. Also, spell re-arranging didn't come in until later, either. You just stared at your book.. and stared some more. Yeah, it was boring.

I seem to remember that book requirement was removed either right after or right before I reached 35 on my main druid. /rude Verant.

toddfx
05-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, remember the ultra-classic interface, before the fancy transparency and separated windows?
When you had your spell book open, it took up 100% of your view-port which was tiny to begin with. You couldn't see anything, and had to rely on the chat window to know what was going on around you (battles, etc.).

Not to change topics here, but is there a way to get that ORIGINAL original interface back? I installed all classic stuff I could find in the Setup Guide, but it is still the "newer" one with transparency and movable panes. It might be crazy but I would take that original one back in a heartbeat. I don't play any casters though :)

EDIT: nevermind, found it: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3680

SunDrake
05-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I was kinda expecting the tiny windowed mode with the stone looking surround as well.. and it had the class icons.. ooh, that was cool. ;)