PDA

View Full Version : PoFear Capture The Flag

Glitch
05-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Basic concept: Two corpses are made.
Blueflag and Redflag; both are casters wearing blue and red robes respectively (names are PHed already!)
Get 'em powerleveled to 46 and drop 'em dead in PoFear.
Everyone in the zone gets /consent by blueflag and redflag

Then, call up a GM, pvp flag the zone, and have an awesome capture the flag game!

Ring of fire/Amy temple is No-Mans' Land
Mez/root/kill people trying to take your flag
Plan out cool tactics like going after the enemy bards so they lose bard speed, snaring people that are getting away, idk!

Good idea or BEST idea?

Ektar
05-07-2010, 09:44 PM
cleric mems both DAs gg I win

I mean good idea.

Glitch
05-07-2010, 09:47 PM
cleric mems both DAs gg I win

I mean good idea.

Bard runs up and /corpses it away!

Zordana
05-07-2010, 09:49 PM
ROFL awesome idea for an GM event tbh :)

tho it would be way too easy to exploit it in many ways :) bards are fast ... harmshield, DA, DB, etc :)

Jify
05-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I want!

Dabamf
05-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Great idea, but some abilities (DA, bard speed, etc) would ruin it

Zordana
05-08-2010, 01:43 AM
maybe we could use a not yet released zone to have that fun, so the devs could prevent the use of spells like DA for that zone etc etc :)
tho might be too much effort for all that

President
05-08-2010, 01:49 AM
History in the making

http://i.imgur.com/T0zeC.jpg

President
05-08-2010, 01:52 AM
DA doesn't really matter... depending on who has /consent... if you see someone dragging a corpse you can always try to drag it back.. right? /consent war!

Audacious93c
05-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Ha, sounds fun. I know a bunch of people that want to guild war anyways.

Prospect
05-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Glitch, this has to be your worst idea yet.

Pikle
05-08-2010, 03:36 AM
haha, sounds like a lot of time wasted when you could just guildwar!

SerithCantSpell
05-08-2010, 03:59 AM
It would just go kinda like this :(

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/102/bearcubboxing.gif

Daydrem
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I think its a spectacular idea! yeah maybe the cleric and bard could get it back to camp but then it would have to be defended.. Im sure we would play to a larger score then 1 cap to win. The GMs could also spawn several mobs as speed bumps. We could limit the number of times a person can die, past that they dont get reconsented. It would be a lot of fun, doesnt HAVE to be srs bsns, and the teams could be randomed so it wouldnt be guild vs guild or the same teams all the time. It IS possible to have fun just for the sake of it.

AWESOME idea Glitch :)

Zithax
05-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Actually would be up for trying this. Sounds fun.

Hogwash
05-08-2010, 11:58 PM
This sounds too fun to pass up

nilbog
05-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Surprisingly enough, to lead an pve classic server, I am actually a fan of pvp. :o

I worked a little bit on a CTF idea today. Fearplane, as good and scary as that is, would only be a GM event opportunity, and only when the npcs were down. With the amount of perl already in the zone, i don't think its a good idea.

However! A zone that we never use? If people are willing to try something for fun, here's some rudimentary ideas.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2eatg8k.jpg

I got a blue and red.. (flag?) to follow me quite easily. Can add stipulations to it that it can only follow and respond to follow if its not already following someone of the appropriate team.

http://i39.tinypic.com/x25vs0.jpg

-Could make a proximity scoring system, (invisible circle), that would add points per team.

-Could make people join a team on entry. (blue/red).

-Can block spells that should not be allowed or too overpowered for CTF.

Would need to do some work on pvp system, due to the fact you can only heal people that in your guild, if pvp-flagged.

Something like this would never have an impact on the game of course.. but, for fun, would there be an interest in something like this?

Datante
05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Nilbog, that sounds awesome!

President
05-09-2010, 07:44 PM
You win the internet Nilbog.

Phallax
05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
My EmuUO shard i play on thats t2a era based has custom events that are on a sceduled timer(Moongates pop open and players has 10 mins to get there and get signed up for the event) Once the players are signed up(could make a limit number) the event starts and somewhat randomizes team. You can put a code in to place grouped and guilded members to the same team. Splitting groups if needed to even out the numbers per side. The winning side got some money and an award. Sign ups were free.

Since we dont want to ruin the economy due to a non classic feature we could have a fee to sign up and players of the winning team get a pay out as the losers get nada. Make it a monthly or weekly event.

If done right, it could really liven up the shard and the pvp aspect of EQ.

Glitch
05-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I wonder if you could force armour tints to load on team members so you can tell what team they're on?

Secrets
05-09-2010, 09:20 PM
I wonder if you could force armour tints to load on team members so you can tell what team they're on?

I believe the idea would be anon/role/non-anon = team1, pvp flagged = team2

So basically, pvp on would be red, non pvp would be blue (lol bluebies)

It could be very neat if planned right. It would be a completely optional GM event with no rewards.
Just something fun for players to do.

Zordana
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
i would LOVE to attend to this!

Taluvill
05-09-2010, 11:31 PM
This would be cool. One of glitch's better ideas = P

Glitch
05-09-2010, 11:37 PM
This would be cool. One of glitch's better ideas = P

Hey.

...Hey.

Wolrok
05-10-2010, 12:21 AM
I believe the idea would be anon/role/non-anon = team1, pvp flagged = team2

So basically, pvp on would be red, non pvp would be blue (lol bluebies)

It could be very neat if planned right. It would be a completely optional GM event with no rewards.
Just something fun for players to do.

I seem to recall on EQ pvp servers, that one of the racial teams had yellow names. (Humans = blue, evil = red, short = purple, elves = yellow?)

Could that work for a second pvp team color?

Modus
05-10-2010, 03:49 AM
Nilbog, can you easily create a zone such as in your sketch?

If not, Rathe Mountains might work. It has quite a few natural choke points and travel paths, and a zoneline on either end. It lacks ideal defensible bases, however.

Could you set a drag limit on the flags, so that one can only drag the flag for 15s at a time, with a 1m reset timer? Encourages teamwork, fixes exploitable mechanics.

nilbog
05-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Nilbog, can you easily create a zone such as in your sketch?.

Plane of Time A. Empty and looking great.

http://i39.tinypic.com/9u2ddy.jpg

Cheech
05-10-2010, 04:07 AM
I think this is a perfect zone for this Capture the flag .

Mady
05-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Sounds like a good time. Being only lvl 8 at the moment would be awhile before I could participate in any way other than cannon fodder.

What type of lvl restriction would be needed, if any, do you think?

Or set up different events for various lvls?

Vyal
05-10-2010, 10:57 AM
just make it like all lvl 1 gnome mages so everyone can attend, just make a new toon....

Omnimorph
05-10-2010, 11:16 AM
just make it like all lvl 1 gnome mages so everyone can attend, just make a new toon....

Would take away the bard advantage too. Sounds interesting.

Zordana
05-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Would take away the bard advantage too. Sounds interesting.

i wanna attend with my main :(
maybe do several events for several level ranges

YendorLootmonkey
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM

GNOMEBALL!

Zordana
05-10-2010, 01:47 PM
TBH we should do this with the main chars, BUT everyone has to be fully drunk all the time \o/

Yellow
05-10-2010, 01:57 PM
haha the drunk nees would make this VERY interestingand would probally settle the problem with some spells :P to an extent.

Mady
05-10-2010, 02:34 PM
TBH we should do this with the main chars, BUT everyone has to be fully drunk all the time \o/

Absolutely.

Oh wait...RL or in game.

Vyal
05-11-2010, 06:59 AM
if everyone can't attend its a worthless event .

why do you need a buncha bards running around ? Everyone lvl 1 gnome mages = short so there is a small bit of camo + lvl 1 nuke this way people don't get dead in the first 2 seconds and it isn't over in less then a min due to a bard..

Zordana
05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Absolutely.

Oh wait...RL or in game.

hah, either way sounds good :>

Zordana
05-11-2010, 07:51 AM

why do you need a buncha bards running around ? Everyone lvl 1 gnome mages = short so there is a small bit of camo + lvl 1 nuke this way people don't get dead in the first 2 seconds and it isn't over in less then a min due to a bard..

i dont think this will be a one time event but we will see, with what ideas the devs come up :)
nilbog is doing some great job there already

Secrets
05-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I changed the dynamics of this idea a little bit. Dark Age of Norrath?

http://i43.tinypic.com/34gt09f.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dgkqxl.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/okwep5.jpg

Glitch
05-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Ahaha wow.
That's awesome!

vinx
05-12-2010, 04:16 PM

Glitch's idea is totally plausible, but if everyone could attend we would see the same thing we did in kithicor :mad:

ooantipostoo
05-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Glitch's idea is totally plausible, but if everyone could attend we would see the same thing we did in kithicor :mad:

Not really, with this idea you can run several instances of the zone with limited amounts of people per game.

I changed the dynamics of this idea a little bit. Dark Age of Norrath?

Keep gate terrible idea its to far fetched and over thought, Love nilbogs idea's.

vinx
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Not really, with this idea you can run several instances of the zone with limited amounts of people per game.

eh, spose you could, and all of a sudden i get that custom server feeling
thats not bad tho cuz this could work as a single one time event.
And being a totally custom event, you could place translocators to get in (sort of like the teleporter fairies on some servers) that are level resitricted.
This would keep zone (instance) stable and give people that arent 46+ yet a chance to enter.

Teleporters with level min/max capped for 15-25 / 26-35 / 36-45 / 46-50 and then set those up in different zones to hail.
(can you imagine 300+ people trying to hail 1 npc? rofl )

nilbog
05-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Well I suppose we can have multiple ideas. None of it benefits anyone, so yea :P

EQ event pvp is fairly untouched by both Sony and eqemu, afaik. So all ideas are welcomed.

Currently, this is the way I have mine set up. I had to scrap the wisp idea when I realized that not everyone has global textures. Wisps aren't native to potimea :T So, its currently set up to play capture the goblin.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2hn4djk.jpg
Idea is to keep each team separate in their base, by their flag, until the match starts.

Match doesn't start until there are X number of players.

When the match starts, the gates in the base raise up, and the players may exit. (Yes, I stole this idea from wow BGs)

When a player zones in, he or she is chosen for a team. (whichever has less at the time)

An opposing teams flag pole (shown above) when clicked, makes the goblin follow you, gives you a DING! sound, and creates a zonewide emote like http://i41.tinypic.com/16hkl6h.jpgas long as it is not following someone else at the time.

If the blue flag is brought within 5(?) proximity distance of red flag pole, and red flag isn't following anyone, red team would capture the flag and score a point.

If a player dies, he or she should go to their team's designated graveyard area, fully geared, imo.

Can add some features of spelleffects when something happens. Like, blue flag carrier glows blue, red base hallway glows red, etc. Aesthetics for later.

Needs work on team selection and graveyard. Other than that, its looking pretty good imo!

How many people would play something like this?

Xumosa
05-12-2010, 04:56 PM
wow nice set up nil cant wait to see that in action looks exciting lol

ooantipostoo
05-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Ahh now I get the Idea Secrets was doing with the gate!!!

Ode
05-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I certainly would.

President
05-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Don't really think it should be an often-repeating event, but it would be fun and I would do it.

Glitch
05-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Well, of course I'd be down. :D

vinx
05-12-2010, 06:57 PM
i would love to play that!

Hasbinbad
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
My name is Hasbinbad, and I would play this game.

Secrets
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Went with the original idea. I'll mess with the daoc-style siege some other time (or server.)

http://i42.tinypic.com/2z7h3wl.png

Shmeeggeggy
05-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Curious, could you route the Tutorial to spawn in this area?

What I was thinking was perhaps have everyone start new characters, and add a way to level, perhaps based off of player kills, flag captures/returns. If this could happen you could removee the ability from Wizzies and Druids to port and bind every new character to the zone. This could open up a token to drop upon killing/flag cap, where you could buy gear, since it would never leave that zone anyway.

Just a thought.

I love the idea, devs.

YendorLootmonkey
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM
What I was thinking was perhaps have everyone start new characters, and add a way to level, perhaps based off of player kills, flag captures/returns. If this could happen you could removee the ability from Wizzies and Druids to port and bind every new character to the zone. This could open up a token to drop upon killing/flag cap, where you could buy gear, since it would never leave that zone anyway.

Would prefer if everyone were just basically the same level more or less with the same type of starting gear, with no significant advantages or disadvantages. Otherwise you'd get a handful of min-maxers dominating and no one new would want to play because they would just end up being fodder.

nilbog
05-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Curious, could you route the Tutorial to spawn in this area?This could open up a token to drop upon killing/flag cap, where you could buy gear, since it would never leave that zone anyway.Would prefer if everyone were just basically the same level more or less with the same type of starting gear, with no significant advantages or disadvantages. Otherwise you'd get a handful of min-maxers dominating and no one new would want to play because they would just end up being fodder.All this is very experimental and for fun only. If done, it will be with existing characters. We won't be rerouting any zones to here, or changing loot, or adding anything that changes your character outside of the experiment. On another server sure, but not for classic. If well-received, I think a game of capture the goblin could be construed as a classic event.

What I would like tested at some point is pvp mechanics. Even on a pve server, pvp damage and mechanics should work for the pve players, if they decide to duel, arena, or botb. I see this as a good opportunity to get some feedback.

Oh, and give you a chance to beat each other's faces in pvp, because the arenas don't work correctly. <3

Yellow
05-12-2010, 11:55 PM
yeah the arenas whats the chance of fixing them?

Haynar
05-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Its on my list of things to look in to.

Along with the /guildwar and /guildpeace commands.

Haynar

nilbog
05-12-2010, 11:59 PM

I provided a workaround for the one in West Freeport, but it was complicated.. and not a true fix. It provides the "you now follow the ways of discord" message.

It should just be "you've entered a pvp arena" and then you're flagged while in radius. This is a missing function that might eventually get fixed, unknown.

Zordana
05-13-2010, 12:58 AM
i really love this idea and would play this alot!

Yinikren
05-13-2010, 01:53 AM
I would definately play this. This whole idea is win.

nilbog
05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
ctf alpha alpha testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CfbWwnkCOc

Zordana
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM
awesome, great job!

Glitch
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
omg!

Omnimorph
05-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Hahaha. that's interesting.

Yoite
05-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Secrets
05-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Think we finished it as of tonight. If Rogean approves my code changes, then we'll have it ready for a soonish time. It is really looking solid overall!

We coded the part where you can only heal members of your team and cannot heal enemies. We also coded the part where you can only attack enemies with spells and melee.

It's really looking good, though. I'm looking forward to seeing people play it.

Yinikren
05-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Omg, that is quite awesome.

Did we decide any core rules, i.e. what spells are legal, people's takes on bardspeed or if we're all playing as level 1 mages? Secrets says we can heal so I'm assuming that we're playing mains, but.....

Secrets
05-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Omg, that is quite awesome.

Did we decide any core rules, i.e. what spells are legal, people's takes on bardspeed or if we're all playing as level 1 mages? Secrets says we can heal so I'm assuming that we're playing mains, but.....

Not as of yet; we didn't add any blocked spells or event-only rules yet. It is flexible enough that we can specify parameters to who gets into the event at what levels or classes or races, but other than that nothing in set in stone.

nilbog
05-16-2010, 05:52 AM
This looks... really good imo. Better than I had thought it could when I started. Secrets, Mixxit, and I all spent time working and testing.. and there's a ton of perl in there.

Thanks to Glitch for original CTF idea. :D