PDA

View Full Version : Can my wife and I play together?

PowaGamer
05-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I read that there is no multiboxing which is fine but if it only lets you have 1 account per IP adress does that mean that my wife and I can't play together?

Sithel1988
05-03-2012, 06:09 PM
i never understood this IP address crap. i thought that even if you are using the same router or modem, dont you still have separate IP addresses?

Auvdar
05-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Let me help you before you get flamed to death...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

pointyhat
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
You have a different IP address 'behind' your router/modem (inside your house), but to the external world you have 1 IP address. The one 'behind' your router/modem will be in a special range of IP address blocks that are reserved for private networking, most likely 192.168.<SOMETHING>

Scavrefamn
05-03-2012, 06:36 PM
That's what she said.

Wudan
05-04-2012, 04:50 AM
I read that there is no multiboxing which is fine but if it only lets you have 1 account per IP adress does that mean that my wife and I can't play together?

get ready for bann hammer, its only question of time.

Scavrefamn
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
get ready for bann hammer, its only question of time.

I also got the vibe that OP is a two boxer.

Heh.

shorttin
05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
I also got the vibe that OP is a two boxer.

Heh.

its not a question of being a two boxer. just need to understand that with an ip exemption you never go afk with both accounts logged on or you most likely have a 99% chance of being banned without any chance of fighting it

thrump
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
its not a question of being a two boxer. just need to understand that with an ip exemption you never go afk with both accounts logged on or you most likely have a 99% chance of being banned without any chance of fighting it

I don't think this is really the case. I play with my husband, so we obviously have an IP exemption. I wouldn't dare XP with one of us afk or anything like that, but as far as just hanging out, he frequently plays while I auction afkish while studying or helping kiddos with something. Hasn't been a problem. I assume we're watched enough to know that we are indeed two separate people and not a boxer. I figure they must have other signs beyond someone just being afk to set off their radar. /shrug

Hitchens
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I figure they must have other signs beyond someone just being afk to set off their radar.

They do.

thrump
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Right -- least one of which has been previously discussed on these forums. Didn't feel the need to explain the specifics. :) They've also stated plainly that one needn't be paranoid about afking. Merely concurring based upon experience over 9 or 10 months.

Artah
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I have an IP exemption for myself, my wife and my daughters. Sometimes we all go afk to watch a movie then come back to play again. I'd be really sad if we get banned because we never two box. Not even quickie two boxing like porting ourselves or trading items. We've been playing this game for a while and we have not gotten banned. You'll be fine i think as long as you never two box. Yes it's a pain in the neck switching accounts to do stuff like resurrect/buff each other but if you never two box then you have nothing to worry about. If you do decide to 2box and get caught then you deserve to get banned and I hope you get caught because you're doing something that's unfair to everyone else.

Rais
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
If I wanted to I could 2 box and not miss a beat. Anything they wanted me to do I could do it. If people think the staff on this server will just randomly ban people for 2boxing,without watching or testing or having the server report something, are only believing the people who cry when they are banned claim they were innocent.

People KNOW when they see 2boxers because they did it on live and some people just really suck at it. Some people assume they see 2boxers. Just because 2 people are sitting there duoing doesn't mean they are 2boxing. If 2 people are not moving at the same time and can't react it's kind of a dead giveaway.

TL/DR: Don't listen to people who claim they were innocent from 2boxing. Don't listen to people saying you'll be banned for afking with a IP exemption.

Slave
05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
If I wanted to I could 2 box and not miss a beat. Anything they wanted me to do I could do it.

If I was testing you for 2-boxing, and you were actually guilty of it, there is not a way in hell you could convince me you weren't 2-boxing. It would be extremely easy to determine.

Scavrefamn
05-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Clowns like you make the server look bad and scare off players.

I have an IP exemption and I play with several family members, I spend 70% of my online time afk and I have no fear of being banned for two boxing because I/we never do it.

The only people who are banned for two boxing are two boxers.

PowaGamer
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
How long did it take to get an IP exemption? it's been 2 days so far. Do they contact you or what? I applied for one btw

Artah
05-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Amelinda posted it I think she's at 1-2 weeks?

Artah
05-04-2012, 05:38 PM
here it is but don't expect it to be exactly that because i'm sure she gets busy. Just be patient and keep checking on your original post and she will respond to it.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66548

PowaGamer
05-04-2012, 05:39 PM
lol i just found this right after i asked. oh well, i guess i'll wait. hopefuly it's not a few weeks :\

Ele
05-04-2012, 05:39 PM
How long did it take to get an IP exemption? it's been 2 days so far. Do they contact you or what? I applied for one btw

They do them in batches and try to do it every 1-2 weeks, but can take up to a month.

Krymm
05-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Going on 3 weeks now I think for my room mate and I. Heard people who have been waiting a bit over a month. One of the things you can do to get around it is if you can tether your cell phone to one of the computers as a hot spot until you get your exception though. The amount of data used is quite low for this game.

thrump
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Its been awhile since the last round -- I applied to add an acct for a someday alt on march 26. You probably won't be waiting too much longer with how long it has been. We hope. :)

DJrmb
05-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope it's not too much longer. I have been waiting for about a month now. I get the feeling my room mates are getting turned off... Short attention spans haha