PDA

View Full Version : Hey everybody

Gorbon
05-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are coming back to P'99 and we are going to start fresh any idea's for classes we could pwn with?

pointyhat
05-05-2012, 01:50 AM
2 rogues so you can trade turns backstabbing.

Slave
05-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Shaman / SK for big fat love.

Supaskillz
05-05-2012, 03:38 AM
shaman monk makes an outstanding duo, as monk can tank and pull singles and deal pretty good dps while shaman can slow and heal and buff. Cleric and tank(warrior, sk or paladin) or cleric and enchanter is a great start to a group if you hope to start up groups together. You can find things to do with most any 2 classes. Generally the advice is the same to all of these questions and that is play the class that appeals most to you and you will have more fun even if the duo is not optimized.

Gorbon
05-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks on the input so far guys but as of now I'm going with Mage/Druid

Messianic
05-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm going with Mage/Druid

A 'wife' thread tag would be appropriate here :D

Brimacombe
05-05-2012, 10:42 AM
I would not advise a monk as a starting character. They have grueling weight requirements unless you or your wife want to play mule.
Druid mage would be a very good combination. You get heals, DPS, tank, transport and money from selling ports. They are also two of the best farmers in the game, especially with track.

-Brimacombe

somnia
05-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Also the most suspicious for plat farming.

Messianic
05-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I would not advise a monk as a starting character. They have grueling weight requirements unless you or your wife want to play mule.
Druid mage would be a very good combination. You get heals, DPS, tank, transport and money from selling ports. They are also two of the best farmers in the game, especially with track.

-Brimacombe

The weight penalty's actual effect on monk viability as a tank is overstated. I farmed on my monk on live all the time and here all the time.

If someone wants to produce actual numbers that show some massive difference in monk mitigation based on weight, i'm open to it - there is a difference, but it's mainly psychological.