PDA

View Full Version : OT Faction + KC + Hammer Question for Evils

myxomatosii
05-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Okay, question is. An evil character gets their hammer, now what are the reasons to maintain OT faction? Is it possible to avoid lowering VS Faction ever?

Also is it possible to lvl in KC without dropping faction or being a bad group mate? (Cleric)

Slave
05-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Very little reason to maintain faction except for easy pulling in HS. You can still bank in OT, just wait for the General to leave.

thrump
05-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Nice to be able to buy food/drink as well.

No, it really isn't practical to avoid the faction if you want to play in KC or HS. I suppose you could do primarily basement groups in KC, as the undead aren't on VS faction.

phobus
05-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Also is it possible to lvl in KC without dropping faction or being a bad group mate? (Cleric)

If you're picky with where your group pulls, probably. I once hung out with a group in LCY for a couple of hours while trying to get one of my Canni II quest items. To pass the time, I'd heal and melee whenever the group was fighting something that scowled at me. I never saw anything pulled that didn't, and never got a single negative faction hit. That includes some of the drolvargs (not all are on VS faction, apparently).

But, you're the Cleric. You can usually dictate when and where the group goes, since without you there's just 5 people sitting LFG. ;)

myxomatosii
05-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Also, is it feasible to get the OT hammer without puppet strings? ie: via war braids.. if so, how many does it take?

Slave
05-06-2012, 12:13 AM
124 from Apprehensive.

About 16 hours of farming.

IE, buy the charge.

Harm
05-06-2012, 01:45 PM
You can get big faction hits by tagging a Kunark dragon as its being killed. On live I refused to kill in camps where I'd take faction hits, honestly its no big deal, there's plenty of other, better places to level anyways.

Sirbanmelotz
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Hail. I am a troll sk and while soloing in OT I would make sure to pull the zerkers whenever possible. I am now amiable and have my hammer at 37 but can't use it. IMO solo in OT and get the braids as you go. You get xp for the turn ins too, so save 5k and do the quest 200 times..... They're like DF belts ;D