PDA

View Full Version : Level 20 Rogue with Epic

PowaGamer
05-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I saw a level 20 Rogue with a Ragebringer today. I thought one had to be level 50 just to start the quest. How in the heck does a level 20 rogue already have his epic?

/cries I want one too :(

but no really, how to fuck

Icemare level 15 Rogue

Awwalike
05-07-2012, 01:06 AM
quest it then

PowaGamer
05-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I I thought one had to be level 50 just to start the quest. How in the heck does a level 20 rogue already have his epic?

" RAGEBRINGER QUEST WALKTHROUGH

(MUST be level 50 to talk to all major quest NPCs and have them respond with the quest info and to be able to be rewarded with turn-ins, even the side quests) "

godbox
05-07-2012, 01:35 AM
answer is they pay somone else to MQ it I dont know any of the specifics but you dont have to be lvl 50 to talk to the quest npcs so some high lvl friend / person that sold the MQ gives all the items to the quest npc and then the lil baby rogue does the final hand in and rogue quest is entirely MQable i think (only epic that is I believe)

Galaa
05-07-2012, 01:39 AM
rogue epic is fully MQable, and there are people selling the full MQ for 50k. You can complete the quest at lv 1, there's no level limits to it.

So basically as long as you have the money, u can make a lv 1 rogue, pay for the MQ and have your epic within 10mins of ur character creation

Just imagine in crushbone a rogue /ooc Lv 6 Rogue with Epic Weapon LFG :D

Ive personally seen 3 rogues who got their epic before they are even level 10 (probably did the epic quest at lv 1). Ragebringer is pretty common nowadays. You cant even be considered as a twinked rogue if you dont have a ragebringer by lv 10.

Brad_mo123
05-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Well, there is a reason it's called an emulated server, sadly it emulates crap :p

Galaa
05-07-2012, 01:52 AM
IMO its good that rogues gets their epic early.

Rogue is a grping class. Getting an epic means their DPS will GREATLY increase (15/25 with 40% haste), so it will help the grp XP even faster, benefits everyone.

PowaGamer
05-07-2012, 02:30 AM
And now I know. pretty awesome. I agree with Galaa, it only benefits everybody.

Supaskillz
05-07-2012, 02:36 AM
yeah im a little iffy on wether this mq shoudl work for sub 50s, but I cant find strong evidence to disprove it(not that I have really tried). The only barrier on this server is that you cannot get stanos to spawn unless you are level 50 and you cannot steal the notes unless you are high enough and obv need to be 46 to get into PoH. Obviously MQ should work, but if it should work for sub 50s I have no idea.

Bwils
05-07-2012, 02:39 AM
pretty sure they implemented rogue epic multiquest 50+ on live later on

Supaskillz
05-07-2012, 04:49 AM
I quested my burning rapier at lvl 30. I was hella proud

webrunner5
05-07-2012, 04:56 AM
I grouped with a guy level 7 that had the Rb 2 days ago at Orc 2. He got it at level 1. Hell if I had 50k I would start one my self.

falkun
05-07-2012, 07:05 AM
IMO its good that rogues gets their epic early.

Rogue is a grping class. Getting an epic means their DPS will GREATLY increase (15/25 with 40% haste), so it will help the grp XP even faster, benefits everyone.

Until you are trying to tank for that rogue. If you want to be an RB rogue pre-L30, make sure your AC is high enough to be tanking too.

But its ok, my L11 paladin is about an hour away from having all the turn-ins for his Fiery Avenger. WTB L46.

Galaa
05-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Until you are trying to tank for that rogue. If you want to be an RB rogue pre-L30, make sure your AC is high enough to be tanking too.

But its ok, my L11 paladin is about an hour away from having all the turn-ins for his Fiery Avenger. WTB L46.

if someone twinks his lv 1 alt with an epic, he'll most likely is rich enough to afford high end gears and fungi.

Rogue with fungi and Mrylokar's armor can pretty much tank anything pre 40s better than any non twinked tanks wearing bronze armors.

azeth
05-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Rogue with fungi and Mrylokar's armor can pretty much tank anything pre 40s better than any non twinked tanks wearing bronze armors.

false, said rogue will be face raped by most any yellow/red con xp mob faster than the shitty pre 40s healing spells would land.

a garbage geared warrior will tank anything appropriately. aggro is another story

fischsemmel
05-07-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm having a hard-as-hell time believing you, Azeth.

Warrior and rogue at that level have the same defensive skills, more or less. Only differences would be the rogue has much more AC, plus some extra stats and HP (from gear), compared to the warrior wearing bronze... and the warrior would have more base HP.

Why in the world would mobs wreck the rogue in that situation, but not the warrior?

azeth
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
faster than the shitty pre 40s healing spells would land.

mrylokar's provides a whopping +100 hp for an entire set. Your rogue is rolling with likely 60% of the HP of any tank.

for all intents and purposes, someone bring their twink rogue over to the sarnak fort with a healer. Have whomever is healing jsut use like greater healing, as would be appropriate. Watch how fast your twink gets dropped by yellow cons.

compared to the warrior wearing bronze... and the warrior would have more base HP.

kind of unfair, in this example you're clearly correct. To be honest, you may be correct overall. But let's be realistic and equip our discussion-warrior with normal gear. We'll say crafted, some 55hp rings etc

Jjlent
05-07-2012, 11:01 AM
my rogue is lvl 26 and i can solo yellows n reds, come @ me bro
PS. i can tank like a bauss

azeth
05-07-2012, 11:11 AM
my rogue is lvl 26 and i can solo yellows n reds, come @ me bro
PS. i can tank like a bauss

well ill just take a seat and pipe down then~

Auchae
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM
I thought Rogues had a big penalty to damage mitigation, anyway. They'll get hit for max more times than a real tank would regardless of stats.

somnia
05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
well ill just take a seat and pipe down then~

Confirmed Idiot but we already knew this.

webrunner5
05-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I played a Cleric for years on live on Torvo. I can tell you there are all kinds of people that THINK they can tank as a Ranger, Bard, Rogue, even a Monk, but in the end they are a horror show to heal compared to a real Warrior, SK, or Paladin trust me. The problem with a Monk is you usually have them pull , and Tank at times. They come back low on HP from the pull and if you heal them the mob agros the hell out of the healer. And you never know when the Monk has Mend up, or when he will use it or not. So you just waste a CH on them or burn up mana too fast for lesser heals. You can time a CH for a Ugly Ogre Warrior pretty well when you get used to it.

Don't get me wrong if all you got is a Rogue for a Tank that is what you have lol. Its either that or go solo on your Druid. But I knew I was in for a hell of of hard night healing them. But it is not too often you get the Holy Trinity in a group. Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, and add a good monk as a puller.

Motec
05-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Oly had a level 1 hand in epic in the first week or two of epics. Dinged level 7

webrunner5
05-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I have heard you ding level 7 at the hand in also.

kilmoll
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I played a Cleric for years on live on Torvo. I can tell you there are all kinds of people that THINK they can tank as a Ranger, Bard, Rogue, even a Monk, but in the end they are a horror show to heal compared to a real Warrior, SK, or Paladin trust me. The problem with a Monk is you usually have them pull , and Tank at times. They come back low on HP from the pull and if you heal them the mob agros the hell out of the healer. And you never know when the Monk has Mend up, or when he will use it or not. So you just waste a CH on them or burn up mana too fast for lesser heals. You can time a CH for a Ugly Ogre Warrior pretty well when you get used to it.

Don't get me wrong if all you got is a Rogue for a Tank that is what you have lol. Its either that or go solo on your Druid. But I knew I was in for a hell of of hard night healing them. But it is not too often you get the Holy Trinity in a group. Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, and add a good monk as a puller.

Pretty broad statement there sir. On live I was routinely off-tanking drakes in N ToV as a rogue and using my own 2 boxed cleric to heal. You may not want to be main tanking on dragons and gods, but you can do it for short bursts as a raid saver with evasive disciplines.

Daldaen
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
yeah im a little iffy on wether this mq shoudl work for sub 50s, but I cant find strong evidence to disprove it(not that I have really tried). The only barrier on this server is that you cannot get stanos to spawn unless you are level 50 and you cannot steal the notes unless you are high enough and obv need to be 46 to get into PoH. Obviously MQ should work, but if it should work for sub 50s I have no idea.

Devs/Coding didn't get the means to restrict quest completion based on level (or class/race for that matter) until Luclin.

The only thing Classic-Velious quests check on when going through quest dialogues / quest turnins is your faction level. Nothing else.

And no, none of this shit went back and got fixed later on in EQ either. You can do every epic quest (excluding Beastlord/Berserker which got coded later obviously) that has its planar component MQable at level 1 currently on Live.

username17
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
All I have to say is if you're twinking a rogue with Ragebringer, also grab a fungi.

Because there's no way any lowbie tank will be able to keep aggro.

erog84
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Pretty broad statement there sir. On live I was routinely off-tanking drakes in N ToV as a rogue and using my own 2 boxed cleric to heal. You may not want to be main tanking on dragons and gods, but you can do it for short bursts as a raid saver with evasive disciplines.

So you're saying that your rogue is able to tank a mob with a pocket cleric using his evasive disciplines for short bursts? I don't believe that was the original topic of discussion. Could your rogue tank for extended periods of time using the same approximate amount of mana from the cleric? I doubt it, in fact I know you couldn't, there is a reason groups don't look for rogues to tank. Now if you are lvl 10, and you have a twinked rogue with a Fungi compared to a 10 paladin in leather, the choice is obviously a rogue. But the fact remains that a rogue cannot tank as well as a war/pal/sk.

webrunner5
05-08-2012, 03:21 PM
All I have to say is if you're twinking a rogue with Ragebringer, also grab a fungi.

Because there's no way any lowbie tank will be able to keep aggro.

Yeah, what he said lol.

kilmoll
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
At higher levels it is flat out a matter of gearing. My rogue could tank better than just about any non-end game equipped tank on the server. Agility plus some decent AC and a LOT of HP plus ridiculous amounts of hate generated makes for a very effective tank.

I merely was talking about using disciplines on big boy mobs that would 1 shot most people. There are many situations where a monk or rogue can be just as effective as a real tank....because they simply do not get hit as often.

Your statement was I can tell you there are all kinds of people that THINK they can tank as a Ranger, Bard, Rogue, even a Monk, but in the end they are a horror show to heal compared to a real Warrior, SK, or Paladin trust me. and I am just telling you that is not true. On a raid mob, it is probably a good idea (although the first ever kill of a dragon in EQ...before Nagy was buffed up....was tanked by a rogue).

webrunner5
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
At higher levels it is flat out a matter of gearing. My rogue could tank better than just about any non-end game equipped tank on the server. Agility plus some decent AC and a LOT of HP plus ridiculous amounts of hate generated makes for a very effective tank.

I merely was talking about using disciplines on big boy mobs that would 1 shot most people. There are many situations where a monk or rogue can be just as effective as a real tank....because they simply do not get hit as often.

Your statement was and I am just telling you that is not true. On a raid mob, it is probably a good idea (although the first ever kill of a dragon in EQ...before Nagy was buffed up....was tanked by a rogue).

I stated this looking at it as a Cleric healer. Hell a Enchanter can Tank if you have 5 Clerics in a group healing it. I agree it is all about gear. And a Ogre Warrior with Cobalt and a ton of AC is my best friend. But most Rogues are squishy just like most other non Tanks. The starting stats alone along with stun resist is why most Tanks are Large race.

Nobody in their right mind is going to do a /who all LFG and pick a Rogue to be their tank in P1999 trust me. And I, like most people on here never ask somone what kind of gear they have to be invited to a group. I'll take a Shaman as a Tank over a Rogue anyday thank you.

The main reason I like a Troll or Ogre Warrior or SK is they have a lot of AC and HP. As a Cleric you are most of the time the group leader. And you are getting a lot of tells from the group and from others that want to join in the zone etc. So I like the slow steady pace that they, the Tank, looses hp so I can time a CH at about 35% health. Any other kind of "Tank" I am busy as hell doing lesser heals for more mana to keep them up or wasting a CH.. So less time to relax and less time to respond to tells, and more chance for the group to wipe. It is just what I am comfortable with with years of on the job training lol. Your milage may very. I am not saying you are wrong or right. It just what "I" like.

Nagash
05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Friend of mine MQ'd one on his level 1 rogue, ding'd 6 just with the turn ins.

Galelor
05-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Just let all the shaman tank...