PDA

View Full Version : Need IP exemption

Rezidule
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I thought the title would get some attention. Before anyone comments on why this is not the place to post, let me say, that...

I have read Amelinda's post http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66548
I have posted an exemption request in the right place (over 4 weeks ago)
I'm trying to be respectful of the process...i.e. don't contact me with 14 petitions, don't post another request, don't do this, don't do that, don't do anything.
I don't know how to contact anyone without making the impression that I'm impatient and running the risk of pissing someone off and never getting the exemption.

Since it's been suggested that these exemptions take 1-2 weeks, and it's now been over 4 weeks, I'm compelled to bring some attention to the matter.

Krymm
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
All I can say is that you're not the only one waiting. I'm going on about 4 weeks, and several people I have talked to are 3 weeks to 5 weeks. I even posted an app in the Guide app folder to see if I can help out in some way and have gotten no reply.

Swish
05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
What percentage chance do you think kicking up a fuss about it on the forum is going to speed things up? She'll do it when she gets time, if she doesn't get time, she won't do it until she gets time....jumping up and down won't make the slightest difference.

1-2 weeks isn't realistic based on what all the other threads lately have said, I'm sure if you've waited 4-5 weeks it's near the top of the pile. Think how many more "requests" there would be if the turnaround was a couple of days?

Yanomamo
05-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Mine took 4 weeks just a couple months ago. I remember around Christmas when i started they were getting done every 1-2 weeks, but there's no reliable amount of time that it takes. Just gotta be patient...or give up. Either way there is nothing you can do to speed it up.

Rezidule
05-09-2012, 01:44 AM
What percentage chance do you think kicking up a fuss about it on the forum is going to speed things up? She'll do it when she gets time, if she doesn't get time, she won't do it until she gets time....jumping up and down won't make the slightest difference.

First, my post was intended to simply "bring it up", not to kick and scratch like an impatient child. Because there had been no communication/information presented, I was left in a void. And I believe more than not, that Amelinda's to-do list is huge, mostly because of idiot anon posters on this forum giving her a headache with bs posts. I don't mind waiting, it just would be nice to receive some communication. But as I now read that others have waited as long or longer, I don't mind waiting. I appreciate the replies.

Krymm
05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I was in the same boat a week or 2 ago Rezidule. It's funny how most of the posts on here are not helpful, they just accuse you of being impatient or trying to be a two boxer. If we had a few less jackasses on here maybe the staff wouldn't be so busy. But yeah, I have 15 views on my petition and I'm still waiting. Being told all you can do is wait. In the mean time my roomie and I have found that the amount of bandwidth needed for this game is almost nil and we can easily use a cell phone with a mobile hotspot to run his laptop while I'm on the house wifi.

batkiller
05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I think she does them in batches, so it might take a month or two but then a big bunch will get done on one go. Hang in there.