PDA

View Full Version : Please unbreak lower guk

Goraith
05-09-2012, 08:26 PM
the undead frogs run at full speed and wipes the whole group. Its near impossible to get line of sight to stop the run is there is any lag. Classic EQ certainly didn't have the frogs running at 25% health.

Seaweedpimp
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Undead should never flee unless feared.

Whos the genius that implemented that shit?

Hitchens
05-09-2012, 08:34 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57531

Phased
05-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Lower Guk undead frogs always ran. Whether it was at 25% is another story.

sulpher01
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM

Yea... just add it to the (now very long) list of shit that isn't like classic on here... :(

Seaweedpimp
05-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Lower Guk undead frogs always ran. Whether it was at 25% is another story.

When? Where? Live? Not that i remember.

Just watched a video from live, didnt see one frog out of 50 run.

I cant think of one single undead mob in the game that runs when low life. Howling stones maybe? Never was a fan.

falkun
05-10-2012, 07:11 AM
What video? And if all the 50 frogs were aggroed at once, social aggro should prevent low-aggro flee, I know it does with Seafuries here on P99.

If its one at a time, they should flee from my memory of LGuk during the Kunark days. Ass/Sup camp was literally the reason I abandoned my warrior and rolled paladin.

kaev
05-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Don't be ignorant. Undead frogs in LGuk always ran, at the least thru PoP. Pretty much every XP group there wanted a Druid or Ranger if poss, SK or Necro second best, somebody with quick reactions to root just in case snarer derped or went LD at a bad time.

Daldaen
05-10-2012, 05:12 PM
LGuk frogs were special they always ran, still do on live and on Al'Kabor.

Stop being retarded. Its classic. The speed of them running may not be though, thats up for debate. The fact that they run isn't.

Schortt
05-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Don't be ignorant. Undead frogs in LGuk always ran, at the least thru PoP. Pretty much every XP group there wanted a Druid or Ranger if poss, SK or Necro second best, somebody with quick reactions to root just in case snarer derped or went LD at a bad time.

PS: Wizards have snare too (post level 29). The amount of LGuk groups I had to convince on live that I could indeed snare on my wizard reinforces my memory of those frogs running like crazy. Ass/Sup was the worst if you camped in room - you constantly had to chase mobs down the ladder.

formallydickman
05-11-2012, 01:35 AM
PS: Wizards have snare too (post level 29). The amount of LGuk groups I had to convince on live that I could indeed snare on my wizard reinforces my memory of those frogs running like crazy. Ass/Sup was the worst if you camped in room - you constantly had to chase mobs down the ladder.

QFT. Back in the day I was a young wizard convincing many that my snare was as good as a druids.

*Edit* besides mine being AoE and costing 60 more mana

Goraith
05-12-2012, 10:37 PM
They ran in classic but not before their health was reduced to the point where the speed was reduced

douglas1999
05-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't remember any mobs ever fleeing (unless feared) at "full speed" in classic. By full speed I mean still playing the normal run animation for the mob instead of the walk animation. Are mobs actually running that fast? I haven't seen any do so yet.

Wolfgang
05-13-2012, 12:01 PM
who sowed all the mobs in the game?

batkiller
05-13-2012, 12:35 PM
PS: Wizards have snare too (post level 29).

And bards.

HarrisonIsStillPosting
05-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Runspeed on fleeing mobs is fucking retardedly broken lmao

Teddie1056
05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I just hit a shaman down to 24%, he healed himself to 50% and ran with sow speed.
What the ****. GMs, please fix this already. Things don't run this early.

douglas1999
05-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Ok so I see what people were talking about. I was soloing a drolvarg sentry in KC and at about 22% he fled, except it was playing the actual RUN animation as he ran. AFAIK every mob has a walk\patrol and a run\pursuit animation. I definitely don't ever remember any mob in classic ever fleeing with the run animation unless feared with a substantial amount of HP remaining. Why was this change made? Or rather, based on what evidence that it is in fact classic?

Bewk
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
the undead frogs run at full speed and wipes the whole group. Its near impossible to get line of sight to stop the run is there is any lag. Classic EQ certainly didn't have the frogs running at 25% health.

You have LoS before it starts running, right?

/sigh

kaev
05-22-2012, 04:36 PM
They ran in classic but not before their health was reduced to the point where the speed was reduced

As I recall, it the run threshold for XP giving mobs was just above the point where they would start slowing down, so it depended on how far you knocked 'em under when you triggered the run behavior. If you just got a mob down to run health you were SOL in a dungeon if it wasn't already snared, especially if the mob was SoWd.

Soloing a Paladin in LGuk on live I had to fight sword and board despite the inferior DPS so that if root broke at a bad moment I could instantly bash for a stun to buy time to recast root.

Greens ran early and often and ignored the presence of allies, as they do here now.

The only complaint I have is xp-giving social mobs fleeing despite having allies in the fight (I'm looking at SolA goblins), which I do not recall happening on live.

Harmonium
05-22-2012, 05:02 PM
my recent experience camping Lguk (mostly in BR) is that mobs will suddenly teleport from the middle of camp to the hallway. At that point you have to either make a mad dash to tackle them or play it safe and make a run for zone.

This happens on everyone in groups screen, with my latency to server never going over 80.