PDA

View Full Version : Planes of Power

Vaighn
05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
I hated Luclin but I loved PoP.

I quit right around the time Luclin came out since my computer couldn't handle it - and I came back a year later to play PoP. Never really explored Luclin but I thought PoP added some great content (minus the bazaar, although the first version of it wasn't terrrrible).

Am I alone here? Not saying we should go up that high - just feeling nostalgic.

Atmas
05-11-2012, 09:46 AM

I quit right around the time Luclin came out since my computer couldn't handle it - and I came back a year later to play PoP. Never really explored Luclin but I thought PoP added some great content (minus the bazaar, although the first version of it wasn't terrrrible).

These crop up from time to time, it would be pretty ironic for people here to berate some one for reminscing. I really like PoP as well except for the Plane of Knowledge, more specifically the books for traveling. I think PoP had good lore and encounters, I also really enjoyed the progression aspect of it.

BTW first bazaar came with Luclin.

Scavrefamn
05-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Bazaar was ftw.

falkun
05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11879&highlight=adding+planes+power+original+trilogy

Still one of my favorite thought experiments. Guineapig never did incorporate all of my suggestions for some of the planes (which some I thought were a bit more logical and also mechanically feasible than his), but there's always room for debate.

Vaighn
05-11-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11879&highlight=adding+planes+power+original+trilogy

Still one of my favorite thought experiments. Guineapig never did incorporate all of my suggestions for some of the planes (which some I thought were a bit more logical and also mechanically feasible than his), but there's always room for debate.

That's an AWESOME post.

Rydar
05-11-2012, 11:09 AM

Well for those with that feeling, EQmac is only up to PoP, its "official" and its free. Even has that first version of bazaar you like.

Danyelle
05-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Well for those with that feeling, EQmac is only up to PoP, its "official" and its free. Even has that first version of bazaar you like.

Yeah...gotta go with this.

If you want PoP go EQMac. It's 100% Sony-legitimate right down to the UI and client and it's not likely to ever go past PoP. I wouldn't mind P99 having a spin off Luclin/PoP/Custom server though.

This thread does pop up kinda frequently though. In fact the last one that went on for quite some time should still be on the second or third page atm.

superapan
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
EQMac should have all the Macroquest, ShowEQ, and worse too. Which is really what I like the most about this place. EQMac is bound by Sony lawyers making sure no trojans are injected into the clients to detect cheats. P99 has no such quarrels :p.

Striiker
05-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Well, the idea behind this server is that it is a classic only server. This has always been the stated intent. If people are looking for the different expansions, there are plenty of other EMU servers which allow this. P1999 is for classic (up to Luclin) play only.

Vaighn
05-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I was just saying I enjoyed PoP content - not that I wanted P99 to include it.